Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
If VIDIC is out for awhile we are gonna have some problems, to be honest he has the ability to stay sharp all game , rio and brown do fade late especially during cross and set pieces . I pray that his knee was only stretched and not torn!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
My preference would be:
Neville------Rio--------Wes------Evra

but the options we have are great:

Neville/Hargo/Simmo-------Rio/Pique/OShea-------Silvestre/Wes-------Evra/Oshea/Sil
You make a good point there, and really show how strong our defence is.

It's a bit of a strange one with Gary Neville. He has played more reserve team games than Mikael yet Mikael is put back into the first team squad before Gary. That to me says there is something not quite right with Gary's fitness at the moment.

Back on the subject of Vida's injury, when I saw he go down holding his knee I feared the worse.

I remember Gabi Heinze and Keano both doing their cruciate's and looking in similar discomfort. I remember both of them wanting to play on as well after they did it and I'm praying that Vidic hasn't done the same.

If it is less serious then I can see him being back sooner rather than later. He recovered quickly last year after breaking his collar bone and I'm sure Vida will be desperate to miss as few games as possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,828 Posts
fazman said:
some good views so were all worried sick but we havent got anyones back 4 yet give me your back four players for me id go for

hargreaves------------------ brown--------------ferdindand-----------------------evra
I'm with you fazman, this is the back four I'd be most comforable with...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,099 Posts
hmmm its twisted knee i think. couldnt be cruciate ligaments. im very sure of it. vidic could still stand up and hop. proves it isnt that bad at all. well, as for me, i would go for

Hargreaves-Ferdinand-Brown-Evra

definitely the most comfortable i would be with. o shea in at right back would be alright too. even if he's at centre back, i would be okay with it, he did that against roma last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
nigelchin said:
hmmm its twisted knee i think. couldnt be cruciate ligaments. im very sure of it. vidic could still stand up and hop. proves it isnt that bad at all. well, as for me, i would go for

Hargreaves-Ferdinand-Brown-Evra

definitely the most comfortable i would be with. o shea in at right back would be alright too. even if he's at centre back, i would be okay with it, he did that against roma last night.

Nah he was at right back. Brown was centre back

Evra- Rio-Brown-Oshea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,099 Posts
futbol said:
Nah he was at right back. Brown was centre back

Evra- Rio-Brown-Oshea

nope. O'shea was at centre back with brown remaining at right back. i watched the match. not sure about 2nd half. i dozed off around 60th min mark.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
o'shea and brown were teriffic ! absolutely teriffic... although brown was a bit short when the ball went over him to fall directly to panucci's feet but other than that - they were class
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
o'shea and brown were teriffic ! absolutely teriffic... although brown was a bit short when the ball went over him to fall directly to panucci's feet but other than that - they were class
brown bad he can do nothing john can be striker or golie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
typical, this stage of the season and we get defensive injuries yet again, hope it dont cost us but i fear the worst, it seems we are jinxed every year at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
yeh , i hope that vidic's injury is nothing serious , he is a collosal defender, his partnership with rio is top notch.

well all we can do is pray and hope everthing is ok after the scan.

we have replacements just in case pique, oshea, brown can all play centre back
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I winced when Vidic went down. If he cries out in pain then it's GOTTA hurt! It didn't look good at first but at least he tried putting some weight on it. I think he'll definitely miss Sunday's game but we'll know more after today's scan.

As others have mentioned we have a lot of options defensively. Simpson has gone out on loan for the rest of the season but we still have O'Shea, Silvestre, Pique, Hargreaves and G Neville.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
slap u lar said:
typical, this stage of the season and we get defensive injuries yet again, hope it dont cost us but i fear the worst, it seems we are jinxed every year at the same time.
For Goodness sake ... :mad:

They call Liverpool the 'Self Pity City' not Manchester ... :mad:

So Vidic might be out for the rest of the season ...

So what ... ?

Do you think fo one minute all the players will just say 'sod it this will cost us
dearly' and give up ... :eek:

No way - they will carry on regardless - and the fact we have a mountain of
defensive cover this year means we can cover Vidic quite easy ...

Onwards to the Prem Title - then off to Moscow to bring home the CL for Sir
Matt !!!!!!

BALROG said:
If VIDIC is out for awhile we are gonna have some problems, to be honest he has the ability to stay sharp all game , rio and brown do fade late especially during cross and set pieces . I pray that his knee was only stretched and not torn!!!
And another pessimist !!!

mufcpavlos said:
that's not something we should rely on! nemanja is inreplaceable in the current squad and roma aren't as tough as barca and the 3 english teams!
And another one ... :rolleyes:
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
Carly's right. We were in a much worse situation last season. At times we had Fletcher at right-back and Craig Cathcart as our only defensive cover on the bench!

We have a strong squad this season and even if Vidic's injury is serious we have plenty of options. It's never good to lose one of your key players but at least we're not having to bring in youth team players as cover!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
We will be fine, man utd is strong not just because we have the best eleven out there, we also have the best squad!! we might miss vidic, but oshea, brown, silvestre, pique can all step up. the squad is prepared in case something like this happen, and a test now to see whether we can cope with the injuries that might come along (better not!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,099 Posts
yangch0000 said:
We will be fine, man utd is strong not just because we have the best eleven out there, we also have the best squad!! we might miss vidic, but oshea, brown, silvestre, pique can all step up. the squad is prepared in case something like this happen, and a test now to see whether we can cope with the injuries that might come along (better not!!!)

yang's right. we definitely have the power to cope. we have one of the biggest squad around. so what if vidic is out? yes, we may miss his defensive prowess. but wait, isnt this expected that we will get injuries? surely there are replacements. pique maybe young. but he did play against roma in the group stage and scored. and mind you, roma used an almost full strength team.

premier league wise, im sure we can cope. o shea can come in at right back and even centre back like i said earlier on in this thread too. gary neville is close to return. silvestre was on the bench last night. isnt this good? silvestre was at centre back before vidic arrive. if you say he isnt good, then you are wrong. we had one of the best defensive record when silvestre was first choice. i think after chelsea and loserpool. that means he's good. put him in newcastle back four. he will always be the first name i tell you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
losing one of the best defenders in the world is gonna hurt any1! I knew not giving Pique more game time would hurt us!
We are in trouble if Vidic is injured badly! we simply have no1 good enough to slot in in that area!!!
 
21 - 40 of 88 Posts
Top