Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Skele said:
Does anyone of you guys know something new about Nemanja's injury?Is he gonna be OK soon?
United will probably not release the results of today's scan until tomorrow so we'll all have to wait unfortunately. :(

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Its a painfull wait im dreading the results and im even considering pulling out that prayer mat the sun were giving away for beckhams broken mataseral

·
Registered
126 Posts
Vidic Could Be Out For The Rest Of The Season.

Manchester United were last night increasingly anxious about key defender Nemanja Vidic amid fears that a knee injury suffered against Roma on Tuesday night could end his season.

It came on a bad news day for United when the FA announced they had charged Sir Alex Ferguson and his assistant Carlos Queiroz with improper conduct for comments about referee Martin Atkinson.

Vidic had tests on his injured knee at a Manchester hospital yesterday but it is understood that the Serbian's leg was so badly swollen it was difficult to assess the extent of the damage caused when he fell awkwardly during United's 2-0 win at the Olympic Stadium.

Vidic, 26, needs a more detailed examination this morning with United's medical staff resigned to the fact that he has suffered ligament damage.

The centre half looks to be out for a couple of weeks at least and perhaps will not play again this term.

It would be a big blow to United's chances of winning the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League and would bring back painful memories of last season when a sudden rush of injuries left Ferguson's side unable to get past the last four in Europe.

A United source said last night: 'Nemanja came in this morning but could hardly walk. His knee is swollen and he did not look very happy after his first scan.'
Really hope hes gna be okay. We are gna need him for Barca, Chelsea & Arsenal.

Im not a fan of O'Shea & Defiantly not Pique. I trust Silvester, but i havent seen him play in a while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
abojodeh said:
if is this realy our hope for the league has gone :( OUCH
I wouldnt say that at all, however it will decrease our chances of winning the double.

Everyone talks about 'depth' but IMO its just in midfield. We also only have 2 strikers, 3 if you really want to count injury-prone Saha.

·
23,699 Posts
Vidic to have second knee scan

Jazz 16 said:
I have to admit that it looks pretty bad. Im very worried as he is vital to
our team. At the moment Im not going to tempt fate by picking a replacement
and just hope he recovers. If anyone hears any news post it here.

Source: Goal.com

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic will have a second scan on his knee today as fears persist that his season could be over.

The first lot of tests taken yesterday proved inconclusive, but things look less than great for the Serbian stopper, who appeared to twist his knee during United's midweek win at Roma.

Vidic was unable to walk when he went to United's training ground yesterday morning, his knee heavily bruised.

Fellow United defender Rio Ferdinand, with whom Vidic has formed a colossal partnership at the back, is hoping his teammate will be back before the season's end.

“Vida has been fantastic for us," commented Rio. "Fingers crossed he'll be all right but we've got players who are more than capable of stepping in. That has been a feature of our game all season, so to keep that going, even without one of the regular players at the back, would be a good test for us. But I'm sure we'll pass it.â€

·
Registered
488 Posts
versa said:
Source: Goal.com

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic will have a second scan on his knee today as fears persist that his season could be over.

The first lot of tests taken yesterday proved inconclusive, but things look less than great for the Serbian stopper, who appeared to twist his knee during United's midweek win at Roma.

Vidic was unable to walk when he went to United's training ground yesterday morning, his knee heavily bruised.

Fellow United defender Rio Ferdinand, with whom Vidic has formed a colossal partnership at the back, is hoping his teammate will be back before the season's end.

“Vida has been fantastic for us," commented Rio. "Fingers crossed he'll be all right but we've got players who are more than capable of stepping in. That has been a feature of our game all season, so to keep that going, even without one of the regular players at the back, would be a good test for us. But I'm sure we'll pass it.â€
At this period of time... That's insane... My prediction will be Hargo RB...
Brown CD... Hope all things are good for Vidic

·
Registered
126 Posts
abojodeh said:
our defence is the best in the world
So What???
Did you just ignore what i wrote or something?

We have the best defence but whos on the bench? they are not on par with the rios, evras & vidics.

I also wouldnt mind hargreaves dropping back

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It's bad but not to the extent we're going to lose everything. We can move Owen Hargreaves to Right Back and play Wes Brown in the middle next to Rio.

P.S. Even when he's lying on the floor injured Vidic looks scary. I tell you, that Vidic is a real tough guy, he'll be back.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
hargo can go to right back and brown will switch to CB.....that is the only possible way....and maybe o'shea will play too instead of hargo.....they are not the players with the skill needed to replace vidic but they will have to do if he is out for the season....

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Oh God. I pray it isn't serious. Silvestre is back so he is a possibility as well as Brown/O'Shea and even Pique. It'd be a great chance for Pique to show his worth, but will SAF use him?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
NateR said:
Oh God. I pray it isn't serious. Silvestre is back so he is a possibility as well as Brown/O'Shea and even Pique. It'd be a great chance for Pique to show his worth, but will SAF use him?
hes played almost no football this year.,. he should have been given more run outs! I knew this would happen! I'd fear for our champions league ambitions without Vidic!!!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
"It would be a big blow to United's chances of winning the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League"

Bull-(expletive deleted)! :mad:

It is a set back, but we have the depth to recover from this. All teams suffer key injuries. I said this in the 'Please Vidic Please' thread: it is now incumbent on SAF to pick a back four and play them consistently for the next few games so they are completely comfortable with each other.

IMO - Hargo-Brown-Rio-Evra

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
moondog said:
"It would be a big blow to United's chances of winning the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League"

Bull-(expletive deleted)! :mad:

It is a set back, but we have the depth to recover from this. All teams suffer key injuries. I said this in the 'Please Vidic Please' thread: it is now incumbent on SAF to pick a back four and play them consistently for the next few games so they are completely comfortable with each other.

IMO - Hargo-Brown-Rio-Evra
Its not that big of a blow, we still have Rio, And im sure Fergie has confidence in the likes of Brown and O`Shea. Plus you never know, Neville could make a return. This injury will make UNITED MORE DETERMINED to win.

I hope Vida is not out for the season, but if thats the case we have other defenders to take his role. People like Pique and O`shea who are used to sit on the bench will grasp the opportunity..

So all i say is- Dont Worry :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He's out for 2-3 weeks according to manutd.com...

Nemanja Vidic has been ruled out for two or three weeks with a knee injury.

The Serbian centre-back came off after just 31 minutes of the 2-0 win in Roma on Tuesday after falling awkwardly.

He was sent for a scan on Wednesday, the results of which showed the injury not to be serious.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "There is no major damage to left knee, and he will be out for 2-3 weeks."

Vidic will therefore miss the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and Arsenal and Wednesday's Champions League quarter final second leg clash with Roma.

He could return to face Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Saturday 19 April, and will hope to play should United reach the Champions League semi finals before United take on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on 26 April.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
United have confirmed Vidic will be out for 2-3 weeks. He should be back for the Champions League semi-finals and the Prem game v Chelsea but will miss the Prem game v Arsenal.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Good News For Vidic!

Nemanja Vidic has been ruled out for two or three weeks with a knee injury.

The Serbian centre-back came off after just 31 minutes of the 2-0 win in Roma on Tuesday after falling awkwardly.

He was sent for a scan on Wednesday, the results of which showed the injury not to be serious.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "There is no major damage to left knee, and he will be out for 2-3 weeks."

Vidic will therefore miss the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and Arsenal and Wednesday's Champions League quarter final second leg clash with Roma.

He could return to face Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Saturday 19 April, and will hope to play should United reach the Champions League semi finals before United take on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on 26 April.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts