Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
thats a really great news. the only worry is against arsenal, the job against roma is hopefully done. i hope SAF would play hargo at rb with brown shifting into centre. its more stable this way.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I dont think thats too good a news tbh. He's out for the Arsenal game (by which we could seal the title) and the CL clash. Its not serious , thats good. He was sent to a second scan... that worried me ... get well soon vida

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
Nemanja Vidic has been ruled out for two or three weeks with a knee injury.

The Serbian centre-back came off after just 31 minutes of the 2-0 win in Roma on Tuesday after falling awkwardly.

He was sent for a scan on Wednesday, the results of which showed the injury not to be serious.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "There is no major damage to left knee, and he will be out for 2-3 weeks."

Vidic will therefore miss the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and Arsenal and Wednesday's Champions League quarter final second leg clash with Roma.

He could return to face Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Saturday 19 April, and will hope to play should United reach the Champions League semi finals before United take on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on 26 April.

LOL,mate....What is so good?He'll be off for 3 weaks.He'll need 2-3 more weaks to remain his best form.That's end of the season.He'll miss all our important matches and if he is a lucky guy,he'll be fit for Moscow.He couldn't "pick" worst time for getting injured.Lucky, we have few good replacements.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
That is really good news, considering he could barely stand on it yesterday. For any of you that have had serious knee injuries (I've had two major ones from hockey) you know that not being able to put weight on the knee is a REALLY bad sign.

I was actually fearing Vidic could be out for part of next season.

We can beat arse without him, hopefully he will be back for the CL semis.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I would of taken that considering some were saying he was out for the season! He still misses some important games though which is a shame hes such a great player and a major influence on the back line.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
He'll be fine so thank god!! he wont lose his fitness in 3 weeks, he'll be running again in two weeks and reay to play no probs in three!!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
futbol said:
I dont think thats too good a news tbh. He's out for the Arsenal game (by which we could seal the title) and the CL clash. Its not serious , thats good. He was sent to a second scan... that worried me ... get well soon vida
we cant seal the title by then. its chelsea who we have to look out for now.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
good news that he will be gone only 2-3 weeks...atleast it isnt for the whole season.....hope it is 2-3 weeks only though...

·
23,699 Posts
nigelchin said:
thats a really great news. the only worry is against arsenal, the job against roma is hopefully done. i hope SAF would play hargo at rb with brown shifting into centre. its more stable this way.
I would think so too.

Brown's original position was a central defender anyway. He is strong in his tackles and in the air but a suspect against quick, tricky wingers plus his crosses are often mediocre.

Hargo looked pretty comfortable as a right back and already had the necessary experience with Bayern too. He also possesses great fitness to run the the flanks and definitely crosses the ball better.....

In any case, no point lamenting or brooding over it; we just have to make do with what we have. So let's all wish Vidic a speedy recovery but we do have to look forward to life without him for now.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its better than him being out the whole season. Thank God for that. Hopefully we'll manage without him. It'll be a real test of how good we can deal with losing a key player in a key postion. We still got Rio to lead the way so it could be worse.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Vidic out for 2 or 3 weeks

Nemanja Vidic will miss the trip against Arsenal on the 13 of April........
Doubtful for match against Chelsea on the 26 of April.....He will also missed As Roma second leg at Old Trafford..........Better than out for the rest of the season.....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Dont know about you guys but this is great news.
Knee injuries can be the worst type of injury and the fact he
couldnt continue suggested that it was a bad one.
2/3 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
We have the cover anyway and he will come back in for the
big games against Chelsea and the CL semi/final if we get there.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Vidic's Lucky Escape - Injury Not Too Serious

Source: Goal.com

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has been ruled out for two or three weeks with a knee injury - but that is a much better verdict than what the Red Devils had been fearing originally.

Manchester United's Serbian centre-back Nemanja Vidic, who fell awkwardly after an aerial challenge against Roma on Tuesday night and was forced off after just 31 minutes of the Champions League quarter final first-leg, which United won 2-0, has learned that the injury is not as bad as had been feared.

Vidic was sent for a scan on Wednesday, the results of which showed the injury to be less serious than was initially suspected.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "There is no major damage to the left knee, and Nemanja will be out for around 2 or 3 weeks."

Vidic will therefore miss the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and Arsenal, as well as Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final second leg clash with Roma.

He could be back to face Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on 19th April, and should be involved if United reach the Champions League semi-finals before visiting Stamford Bridge to take on Chelsea on 26th April.

United will be delighted that, although missing Vidic for some key upcoming matches, he has not been ruled out for the rest of the season. When it was feared he had sustained ligament damage, that was the worry.

Wes Brown, Gerard Pique and John O'Shea are all likely to come into contention to cover Vidic's absence.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts