Is Vidic Our Most Important Player?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he?

Solid ALL season, always puts in a great performance and has chipped in with some goals also.
We all talk about the forwards but we have not conceded in over 13 hours in the Prem,
and thats a great testament to the defenders.

Im beginning to think that Vidic is our most important player.
Thoughts?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I think he's our best defender, and that we'd miss him more than Ferdinand.

I remember saying that a while ago, in a thread where CRO and zuco were arguing about it :p

At the moment, I'd definitely give him our player of the season award, but there's still plenty of time left. He's been solid all season, and imo is the best defender in the World.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
for now it realy looked this way. It will be great if he'll be available for the champions league clash against inter.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
yes i think he is ! tbh i think hes the main reason for our clean sheets and if we swapped him missing for rio i dont think we would be near the record! imo the bestt defender in the world dont know how john terry was picked head of him by uefa:confused:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
bugger beat me to making the thread

vidic has been outstanding in the past few games he really has, hes the reason we have 9 clean sheets in a row the mans a brick wall

im gunna say it now id say hes in with a shout of best defender in the world? anyone care to agree?

as to be our most important id stick my neck out and say hes with the 3 most important if not yeah perhaps the most important

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
As far as I'm concerned than yes he is. He masterminded our defense today and played great. I hope he continues with his great displays on every game

·
Registered
70 Posts
What was he, £7 million? Tell you whats chaps, that was one of the best deals ever, this guy is a Serbian robo footballing rape monster. Make him Vice captain after Ferdinand gets it. I have a feeling he'll leave for Spain eventually (not for quite a while though) mind, so let's enjoy it while it lasts!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Him and Rooney are my MVPs for this club, leadership, tenacity and skill. Vidic is gonna help with the Serbs too, that makes him even more valuable.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
It`s not a matter that we missed him more than Rio, because they both have their value and they are indispensable to the team.

Nemanja Vidic has been rock solid throughout the whole season, he`s always there in important moments both defensively and also in scoring goals. He`s not just a great defender, he`s a complete player and let me say; a leader as well. It`s not the arm band that makes you a captain, it`s the attitude and influence you have on your team mates that makes you one and i would strongly consider Vidic as one of the future captains.

All in all, he is a very important player. We owe him a lot :) and what`s more important is the fact that he always showed loyalty to the club, to the shirt he wears and respects its significant.

For all this, i want to thank him for the service he has been given, nd for the part he will give in the future nearby :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
lets not start a war but Vidic is miles better than Rio

Rio is only seen as good as vidic just coz hes english

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
kets not start a war but Vidic is miles better than Rio

Rio is only seen as good as vidic just coz hes english
I agree. Though I wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Rio, but I've always had Vidic at the top of my list.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RoxiiUtd said:
It`s not a matter that we missed him more than Rio, because they both have their value and they are indispensable to the team.

Nemanja Vidic has been rock solid throughout the whole season, he`s always there in important moments both defensively and also in scoring goals. He`s not just a great defender, he`s a complete player and let me say; a leader as well. It`s not the arm band that makes you a captain, it`s the attitude and influence you have on your team mates that makes you one and i would strongly consider Vidic as one of the future captains.

All in all, he is a very important player. We owe him a lot :) and what`s more important is the fact that he always showed loyalty to the club, to the shirt he wears and respects its significant.

For all this, i want to thank him for the service he has been given, nd for the part he will give in the future nearby :)
Great post Roxii.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
all english players are a little bit over rated imo! as for rio and vidic ever since vidc started settleing in i rated him higher than rio

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
I agree. Though I wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Rio, but I've always had Vidic at the top of my list.
not many miles :p

last season i would classify them into the same class
but this season Rio's injures weren't helpful and Vida had reached the maximum and made a gap betwwen him and rio (not a big gap)

but still Rio will get the praise from the press etc.. jsut because hes English

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He is a monster, harder than brick wall!!
He can score a few too, always worth a £5 for first goal scorer!

Vidic--------- I love you man :)

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Does anyone else see him as a genuine contender to be the next United captain? I personally do, you just look at the confident that Evans has been given from playing next to him. He's a leader, an inspiration, on the field, and I'm just going to presume off, since he always seems to be in high spirits.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Vidic is my favourite player atm :)

and hes one of my heros too just in the same place of Andy Cole Giggs Bono Cantona Matt Bellamy Thom Yorke etc...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts