Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would have thought this time 2 weeks ago, we'd be heading into a game at OT on the back of a poor CL Last 16 performance, back to back defeats in the League, conceding two penalties and having 3 red cards???

We're wothout Vidic, Scholes & Rooney for the game, and I think its crucial! We're missing our best defender, best passer of the ball, and IMO our most valuable player for a MUST WIN game. We saw the difference Roo made coming on today, Scholes can run a game from the middle and Vidic is like a rock (usually) at the back!

What do you think, how big a blow id this, if any?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I doubt Scholes would have played anyway at Villa.

Berbatov also probably out.

Giggs and Tevez possible strikers!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It was a frustration day today.
It's a big blow being without 3 key players considering we're fighting in all competitions.
I'd play this formation againts Villa:

------------Van Der Sar--------------
Neville------Rio------Evans------Evra-
Park----Carrick---Anderson-------Nani-
-----------Ronaldo--Tevez----------

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt Scholes would have played anyway at Villa.

Berbatov also probably out.

Giggs and Tevez possible strikers!

Wouldn't be so sure. I don't buy into half the subs made citing "injury" Plus, he has an Int. break to recover... Rooney is just such a massive loss IMO

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Whatever the result, i hope i won`t listen to anyone making this as their excuse. We have what`s supposed to be depth, have proved we have got depth in fact so let`s use it.
I`m nearly sure, we`ll do without them and have a convincing win. 2 weeks is more than enough for everything to be sorted out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I dont think scholesy matters that much as we have plenty of players to step in,in that position.i think evans is more than capable relacement for vidic,but we will miss roo,but at least we do have 2 weeks to sort out the problem

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
when tevez fletcher park et al start we usually run riot . villa killa time to start supporting our boys bring it on

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Tevez & Welbeck? It would be kind of cool... Just saying. Plus a Scholes sending off. :D

Vintage Scholesy. :rofl: Takes me back to the good old days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It was a frustration day today.
It's a big blow being without 3 key players considering we're fighting in all competitions.
I'd play this formation againts Villa:

------------Van Der Sar--------------
Neville------Rio------Evans------Evra-
Park----Carrick---Anderson-------Nani-
-----------Ronaldo--Tevez----------
R u sure with Neville, I mean he's too old to start in such a game!
Rafael is better option in my opinion, too tough game

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Well.... these are the times when you squad gets tested.
We had been tested in Feb with our RBs being injured and now we're getting tested with Rooney and Vidic suspended.

Berba should be fit however, if he doesn't see too much action in the next fortnight.

Navlle should also be fit by then and hopefully will be able to add more going forward than O'Shea.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts