Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be a bit contraversial here, but having watched a live old trafford game, no other player is controlling the first team (primarily pretty effective defence) more than that man Nemanja!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He has captained our side once before.
Cant remember the game, maybe Kiev away or something???
I think he would make an excellent captain.
Neville and Giggs will no longer be around in a few years,
so I reckon Rio is the man for the job.
I think Rooney and Hargo would also make good captains.
I think a centre back is the ideal position to be a captain,
so Vida or Rio would be fine by me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Vida was his old clubs captain wasnt he? I would love a Vidic as captain, no player would dare argue!!!!!!!!!! We'd win the toss before it has been thrown lol.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
As much as i like VIdic and think he could be one of the best candidate, i reserve my vote to Rio. In captain we need a spokeperson untill he can speak fluent english atleast better than he did now then i can see him being the vice captain to Rio. Oh wait, we also have Rooney have we not? Damn!:D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Hm...Rio during the interviews are poor. Gary is dead boring but he's better then Rio.
I prefer skippers picked by the team not the manager.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
spellbound said:
Hm...Rio during the interviews are poor. Gary is dead boring but he's better then Rio.
I prefer skippers picked by the team not the manager.
I find your comment bizarre......
What does it matter whether Rio and Gary are boring?
Players will always be different in front of the camera's.
They just give robotic, monotic answers. They dont want
to say anything they regret. Doing the job on and off the
pitch is what they are meant to do.
No other player in English football does more for his
fellow player than Gary Neville. he is always fighting
for players rights, and more importantly being a good captain.

And skippers picked by the team? :confused:
Only one person should pick the team, and that is Fergie,
cos he knows them best. if the the team picked the captain
that would undermine Fergie.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I think like you Jazz that Gary is a great captain. But he's born 1975 and he's been out for a long time and we dont know if he can come back to his best. If he's not coming back we have to pick a new captain. My reflection on boring Rio and Gary was on how the language barrier was so important in the contest between Vidic vs Rio as Akash, babysenorita and yangch0000 were pointing out. Even if you know the language well doesnt make you an ideal captain coz there's more to it then just knowing English. You have to have something interesting to say too.

Havent you heard of players choice of captain? Man, its very common in many other sports and other leagues as well. Maybe not in England. Have you heard of contributory influence? Its not a contradiction to get undermined as manager to let the team have some contributory influence. Trust me. Its more up to what kind of people you have in the squad then the form of working with your players.
And for you all who's wondering about this with the team letting the squad picking the capitain most of the times the manager have the similar view but not always the same first choice.

And finally. When Gary retires he will stay in the club working and since its well-known he has a great tactical knowledge he could be manager for Manchester United in the future.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I see you point but at manchester United it will always be Fergie who picks.
Scholes ruled himself out as its not his scene.
I think Vida would be a great captain but Rio would and will be better.
Cantona was captain when his English wasnt the best but he did his talking
on the pitchm just like Vida does;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just joined but wanted to know if anyone agreed that the tremendous Vidic should be Utd captain.
I was at Old Trafford for FA Cup match with Arsenal and saw for myself Vidic commanding the defence, and midfield.
I think that Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez are showing their mettle but Vidic is silently heading for Old Trafford legend status.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
welcome to the forum :)
personally i think it should be rio as i see him as more of a leader
but i wouldn't mind vidic in a couple of years

·
Registered
22 Posts
i thnk rooney will be the best choise for the captain..
i can see a roy keane and cantona in him self
he can motivate other players.
and he will win the matches for us

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Nemanja was cap in Spartak and Red Star...i am sure that he would be great utd captain.

Rooney and Rio would be good also

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
red devil_forever07 said:
i thnk rooney will be the best choise for the captain..
i can see a roy keane and cantona in him self
he can motivate other players.
and he will win the matches for us
i dun think rooney as to become captain to be influential, he will always be a focal point in the team. If rooney can be a little bit more cool headed, he would definitely be my first choice. for that, we would have to see how he develops over the next few yrs, but in time, ferdinand shld succeed as captain

1 - 18 of 18 Posts