Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am not saying that having to be held back was the decent thing to do but one thing i was proud of is that upon connection of drogbas hand to his face he didnt drop like a sack of spuds and feign injury.

i guarantee you now, had vidic slapped drogba he would of hit the deck before his hand even touched his face.

i want to see more decency like that from united players. something nani needs to improve on ;) .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I totally agree with that Forever United.

I can understand Vidic's reaction though. Drogba put Vidic out for 2 weeks with concussion and rearranged his teeth in the process. For the same player to then disrespect him with a slap across the chops must have infuriated him.

I'm glad his teammates didn't give him the chance to hit him back because otherwise he would have been sent-off too but, like you stated, good to see him not feign injury and fall to the ground clutching his face.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If Vidic wasn't held back, I wouldn't want to be Drogba. I mean, Drogba is leaving for Milan to run away from Vidic! :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
character is not something u can teach. thats why chelsea has none.
when u are wearing utd jersey, u are doing something special, u are representing utd, not just as a player, but as a utd man as well.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
I totally agree with that Forever United.

I'm glad his teammates didn't give him the chance to hit him back because otherwise he would have been sent-off too but, like you stated, good to see him not feign injury and fall to the ground clutching his face.
Agree 100% with your post.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I am glad Vidic did'nt retaliate at Drogba but he got his with a decent red card.If a fight broke out between terry and tevez,we could have seen 4 red cards.But in the end,we painted the Epl and Cl trophies red once again

·
Registered
309 Posts
totally agree with all the comments above . Vidic showed he has the balance right in terms of controlled aggression.this shows what a strong character he is that despite being as hard as nails and as fearless a defender as I have ever seen but doesnt have to resort to retaliation to prove his manliness. in fact you could say he sums up the difference between united and Chelsea as even rooney has curbed the excesses of his character which is really down to the supreme man management skills that fergie possesses.chelsea meanwhile have sly arrogant and cynical players like ashley cole,drogba,terry,carvalho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
shame on Drogba for getting red card so cheaply in such a big match. Good the stupid guy did not do it early & gave Chelsea fans a chance to say "You won as we were 10 men".

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I Was Protecting Tevez !

NEMANJA VIDIC has spoken for the first time about Didier Drogba's Moscow red card, insisting: “I was protecting Carlos Tevez.â€

The Manchester United defender was slapped across the face by Drogba in extra time after he dived in to defend Tevez but admits he does not blame the Blues striker for his reaction.

Vidic, 26, said: “After the throw-in we had to return the ball to Chelsea and we did that by sending the ball again out of play.

“Tevez got pushed for doing that and I immediately came to protect him.

“I also asked Chelsea's players what is the problem as they previously returned the ball by kicking it out — and I thought Tevez did not do anything wrong.

“The pushing continued then Drogba touched me but I don't blame him.

“It's a final, a very important game and some players cannot control themselves in similar situations.

“Maybe my reaction was also bad as I ran half the field to put myself in an awkward situation.

“But now it's behind me — the most important thing is we won the trophy.â€

Drogba would have taken the all- important fifth Chelsea penalty — missed by John Terry — if he stayed on the pitch.

if you ask me, we are back to back and european champions largely because we have the best team spirit, i have to say when tevez was being set at by 4 chelsea men i thought any minute wazza would get off the bench to help his team mate out as he like tevez would die for the cause, but we didnt need wazza to as on this occasion vida rio hargo all came to help out, this article for me emphasisis the team spirit we have, as tevez said earlier this week we'd damn near die for the cause and that in my opinion is what has made us so successful, WELL DONE VIDA!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Totally agree with that one. Had the boot been on the other foot Drogba would have hit the floor like a sack of spuds. Vida instead lived up to his repuation as a hard man and wanted to kick Drogba's head in. Well done Vida and I'm glad Drogba got what he deserved and what was coming to him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts