Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aston Villa to bid £10million for Celtic's Aiden McGeady
By Lee Reynolds 17/10/2008

Aston Villa are poised to make a £10million swoop for Celtic wonderkid Aiden McGeady in January.

The Republic of Ireland star, 22, wants a move to the Premier League and Villa boss Martin O'Neill will make a bid when the transfer window opens in the New Year.

McGeady is regarded as the most talented youngster in Scottish football and although he is playing in the Champions League with the Hoops, is ready to try his luck in England.

McGeady is also wanted by Sunderland boss Roy Keane, while north-east rivals Newcastle were also keen on him until the recent upheaval at the club.

O'Neill hopes to take advantage of the fact he worked with the winger when he was in charge at Celtic and can lure him to Villa Park.

A Celtic source said: "Aiden loves playing against the best in Europe but feels it may be time to move on.

"He is aware of interest from Newcastle and Sunderland in the past. But the fact Aston Villa are now keen may appeal to him as he progressed as a youngster under Martin O'Neill."

Whats your view on this Kid??? Can he cut it in the Premier league?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
i knew it one day he will play for Villa,

that was a weird feeling by me and maybe its true

McGeady is talented
last season he was Celtic's Ronaldo
many goals many assists top form also he gathered most of the awards

imo he can make it very well in the prem he is built for it and he had shown his class in the ucl too

but he have been out of form this season hes not the same as the last season

·
Registered
17 Posts
If he was a few million cheaper I wouldnt mind him at United. On his day he can give anyone a runaround. I was at the Milan- Celtic game a couple of years ago and he outclassed each and every Milan player on the pitch, But he is not consistent enough to be at a club like United just now. Villa would probably be his level.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
i think hes a fantastic prospect, he has the look and style of an old fashioned winger.
he needs to work on his end product, but with martin o neil guiding him mcgeady could be up there with the best in the prem.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
thekeanefella said:
i think hes a fantastic prospect, he has the look and style of an old fashioned winger.
he needs to work on his end product, but with martin o neil guiding him mcgeady could be up there with the best in the prem.
Agreed. He was player of the year in Scotland last season after a quality year but
he has been on the subs bench more often than not this season.
He had a very good for half for Ireland midweek and overall he is a talented player.

I still have some doubts though. His final ball and decision making is sometimes
not up to scratch, but I guess that will come with experience.
Here's hoping anyway....
Would be great to see him in the Prem, especially at a young, exciting team like Villa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.