Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
It's from tribalfootball, the most untrustworthy 'news' site on the internet.

There are no quotes and nothing to suggest this is anything but a sensationalist headline to bring visitors to the site, just as the rest of their articles are.

·
23,699 Posts
It's from tribalfootball, the most untrustworthy 'news' site on the internet.

There are no quotes and nothing to suggest this is anything but a sensationalist headline to bring visitors to the site, just as the rest of their articles are.
Valencia confirm Summer exodus is on the cards 05 March 2009 - 14:51 | Sport.co.uk

Valencia confirm Summer exodus is on the cards

La Liga side Valencia are weighing up the prospect of having to sell some of their top stars in the summer as the current economic downturn takes its toll on the club’s finances. Defensive pair Raul Albiol, Carlos Marchena and attackers David Silva and David Villa have all been linked with moves to the Premier League with Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all apparently monitoring the situation.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Valencia chief executive, Javier Gomez, admitted that a possible exodus was on the cards if the Mestalla outfit's future was to be secured:

“The club is in a very delicate situation," he told Sky Sports.

"The club has to control spending, grow income and sell assets.

"Selling Silva and Villa? Obviously we will consider that type of action. We have to control costs, and the biggest cost in a football club is maintaining a team."

Gomez was appointed as Valencia's new chief executive following a board meeting on Wednesday, and has readily admitted that immediate action must be taken. Reports emanating from Spain indicate that the club have a total debt of aruond £400m.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
We could put in a double bid for Silva and Villa - which would leave us with a complete squad.

I'm obviously putting far too much trust in these reports being true here but wouldn't it be great?! I've spoke before about out only weaknesses being in the left wing position, and a clinical striker that gets in behind - this would be the perfect solution to both of those issues.

Buuuut as has been previously stated, there are no quotations so it could always be completely fabricated - but te desperate situation Valencia are in financially does suggest something like this would have to happen sooner or later.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Villa and Silva for Tevez and Nani any day. I wouldn't keep my hopes high though.

·
23,699 Posts
We could put in a double bid for Silva and Villa - which would leave us with a complete squad.
Villa for Tevez? Think he would cost us no more than the same amount of money to complete the signing of Tevez? Sounds like a plan. ;)

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | News | Valencia may have to sell stars

Javier Gomez has admitted that Valencia could be forced to sell players to resolve their financial problems.

Valencia have previously declined to answer questions about their finances but they have been forced to delay payments to their players and construction work on the new stadium has also stopped.

Gomez was appointed as Valencia's new chief executive following a board meeting on Wednesday and he admits action must be taken, with reports suggesting the club has a total debt of around 450million euros (£400million).

"The club is in a very delicate situation. It has to control spending, grow income and sell assets," Gomez told reporters.

Valencia have fought hard to keep players such as David Villa and David Silva in the past but they may now have to listen to offers.

Liverpool are also understood to be interested in defender Raul Albiol and Gomez has refused to rule out player sales.

"Obviously we will consider that type of action," he said.

"We have to control costs and the biggest cost in a football club is maintaining a team."

Gomez added: "Before, we had a plan that was based purely on selling the land, now we need to seek alternatives. We need to win back credibility with the financial institutions."

Trust this story a lot more now sky sports has reported it, plus aparently Valencia are on the verge of being sued over unpaid transfer payments.

Imagine this:

----------Rooney/Villa/Berbatov---Rooney/Villa/Berbatov

Silva-----------------------------------------------------Ronaldo
----------------Giggs----------------Carrick

Evra------------------------------------------------------Rafael
-------------------Vidic-------------Ferdinand

-------------------------Van Der Sar

Please don't anybody complain about rotation issues upfront, I think this season the rest of the squad has proved rotaition, if handled correctly, will bring out the best in players. The only reason Tevez hasn't played much is because he hasn't played well and he offers nothing different to Rooney, so tactically we gain no advantage in playing him.

World domination anyone?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I wouldn't mind any of them. Silva or Joaquin because they both play on the wings, and Villa because he's an incredible striker.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'd take em all. Joaquin would be great on the left here, he's a great playmaking winger. Obviously the other two would be great additions too.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think they will only sell one of the two if they have to in the summer. I dont think they would want to loose both assets within the same summer though you never know. But i do think they would rather sell one and see how things progress and use the other as another emergency sell so to speak the summer later possibly.

Who would i choose of the three?

Silva would be my option. We should have persued him harder in the summer and now we have tosic(who is unknown but nowhere near the level of silva yet) who will play on the left.

The best thing about if we could get silva is that we could switch ronaldo and silva from left to right time to time as silva plays on the right alot too and ronnie is happy on either wing too. Also both can score and create goals!

Second choice would be David villa...The perfect second striker imo. I wouldnt expect too much running in behind the front men though as he does drop deep from time to time too but its just he is a natural goal scorer for a second striker and his finishing it amazing. I again am repeating what i have said about rooney and david villa many times but if rooney ends up being like david silva (best second striker in the world atm) then i think he will have fulfilled his potential.

Joaquin please, do not come to united. Decent player no doubt, but he wouldnt be of standard for united such is the level we are at now.

pz! :cool:

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I think they will only sell one of the two if they have to in the summer. I dont think they would want to loose both assets within the same summer though you never know. But i do think they would rather sell one and see how things progress and use the other as another emergency sell so to speak the summer later possibly.

Who would i choose of the three?

Silva would be my option. We should have persued him harder in the summer and now we have tosic(who is unknown but nowhere near the level of silva yet) who will play on the left.

The best thing about if we could get silva is that we could switch ronaldo and silva from left to right time to time as silva plays on the right alot too and ronnie is happy on either wing too. Also both can score and create goals!

Second choice would be David villa...The perfect second striker imo. I wouldnt expect too much running in behind the front men though as he does drop deep from time to time too but its just he is a natural goal scorer for a second striker and his finishing it amazing. I again am repeating what i have said about rooney and david villa many times but if rooney ends up being like david silva (best second striker in the world atm) then i think he will have fulfilled his potential.

Joaquin please, do not come to united. Decent player no doubt, but he wouldnt be of standard for united such is the level we are at now.

pz! :cool:

I agree with all that, just swith Villa and Silva around.

I do worry though that Silva might not be adaptable enough for the Premiership. His only wekaness is he's a bit weak physically.

Joaquin is at his level.

Villa is my number 1 target, along with Eto'o. He would bring so much to us its unbleleivable. He's as loyal as they come aswell, which would be good when the usual Madrid stories pop up.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Villa and Silva for me would complete our team imo

--------Villa-----Berbatov

-----------Rooney

Silva----------------Ronaldo

-----------Carrick

Evra---Vidic---Ferdinand--Brown

------------VDS

Dunno if we could play this way but it would accomidate Villa Berbatov and Rooney and i think it would make Rooney play to his full potential.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I'd take em all. Joaquin would be great on the left here, he's a great playmaking winger. Obviously the other two would be great additions too.
Hes a right winger only, Silva can play either side...

I'd prefer Silva, 20-25 million should nab him...

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Hes a right winger only, Silva can play either side...
what i was thinking.

If Ronaldo leaves in the summer then all 3 would be welcome.

For now though, I still think Nani will make it, so although this sounds outrageous - I'd give Silva a miss for now.

Villa on the other hand would be an amazing signing and one of the few things we are lacking right now - a natural goal scorer. If we don't sign Tevez, it only looks as though Villa and Benzema are the capable replacements for now, I seriously doubt players like Eto'o will be up for sale as someone mentioned earlier.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts