Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I'd prefer we kept Tevez! I dont see Villa being a great goal scorer in England.. thats just an opinion, this may sound ridiculous but i think he's quite like Defoe or Belamy... though far more talented... both will grab you a good few goals but this type of player rarely works at the v highest level with a really big club.. obv plenty will disagree with me on that point..

We bid for Silva in the summer which in my opinion was a cheeky bid in order to see if Real would come in for him, and as such turn their attention away from Ronaldo... that was just my opinion at the time... i dont think we really NEED him, as its quite rare that we play 2 orthidox wingers these days!

So I reckon City and Real and Chelsea will try get their hands on these... Liverpool would love all of them but they simply wont have the money!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I've seen Joaquin play on the left before. That was before Silva came into his own, and while Vicente was hurt. A while ago yes, but I doubt he can't do it anymore.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
out of the three the only one I would bid for is silva to be honest. having him and ronaldo on the wings would be something special. but with the recent purchase of tosic I dont see it happening.

·
Registered
734 Posts
David Villa without a doubt would be my choice he is unbelievable and could do a job in any league, hes as good as if not better than Torres and who could say they would not want Torres.
Silva would be a great addition aswell strengthen up the left a bit.
Would be a dream scenario if we got the pair but somehow i really doubt that would happen but fingers crossed :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The likelihood of it happening is remote though.
Valencia are in desperate need of cash and City will be able to offer more than anyone :rolleyes:
I wouldnt be surprised if they got one or two of them.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
(Judging that this does indeed happen)

Villa is a fantastic striker no doubt, but I'm not sure if he would work here tbh.

We could struggle to fit him in and I'm not sure if he'll come here knowing that he won't be seen as first choice. Also, I think if Real or Barca go in for him then he'll go there instead, but I'd still be happy if we got him at first.

I'd go for Silva, as we need a winger and I think he'll be a great addition.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
David Villa without a doubt would be my choice he is unbelievable and could do a job in any league, hes as good as if not better than Torres and who could say they would not want Torres.
Silva would be a great addition aswell strengthen up the left a bit.
Would be a dream scenario if we got the pair but somehow i really doubt that would happen but fingers crossed :D
my problem with villa is that it would cause the same situation like the one we currently have with tevez, were the players ego keeps him unhappy to sit on the bench.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Valencia is in a very delicate situation. It has to control spending, grow income and sell assets. They'll be using another type of action included player sales so I see Villa and Silva as City players this summer;).

·
Registered
734 Posts
my problem with villa is that it would cause the same situation like the one we currently have with tevez, were the players ego keeps him unhappy to sit on the bench.
it would be hard to keep everyone happy alright but still having Berb Rooney and Villa all different style of striker would be unreal, it would give Fergie some headache :laugh:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I agree with all that, just swith Villa and Silva around.

I do worry though that Silva might not be adaptable enough for the Premiership. His only wekaness is he's a bit weak physically.

Joaquin is at his level.

Villa is my number 1 target, along with Eto'o. He would bring so much to us its unbleleivable. He's as loyal as they come aswell, which would be good when the usual Madrid stories pop up.
I completely understand that. The only reason i chose silva ahead of david villa is because currently we have three proven strikers whereas we have no other real high quality winger bar ronaldo. Park works great but he is hardly a class player. Nani has potential but can he perform consistantly and has he got the head to do it weekly against good teams? Tosic is totally unproven and its like having manucho, we simply know nothing about the guy and so far all he has done really is play reserve football.

Silva now is someone who can play right, left, is left footed naturally too, can create chances and score goals and has major potential and is already in the spain team and was a regular in the team that won the euros. Its more what united would need than a david villa who simply would not accept a situation that tevez is in in terms of accepting time on the bench because he simply is not a bench player. As far as im concerned...david villa is a classier footballer than torres, yes torres is more a target man/more direct but david villa is a better player imo. I also agree about david silva possibly not being physically ready yet, he seems to have had some injuries so we dont know how fragile he is but i think at united with the pitch and how we play our game, his size would not hinder him...keeping him fit would be the priority! :cool:

So basically i actually agree with your post, in terms of where they are at in their careers, david villa is definately a much more developed footballer than silva currently but i think silva with his potential and age is someone we would need more possibly come the summer than a david villa who would refuse to sit behind rooney and berbatov considering he is arguebaly better than both. They are the only reasons i chose david silva over villa. I also love left footed players, just seem classy talents. lol.

About joaquin, i think he is a good player but nothing more. I dont think he is of silvas ability or potential nor do i think he is anything special but thats my opinion.

pz! :cool:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I've seen Joaquin play on the left before. That was before Silva came into his own, and while Vicente was hurt. A while ago yes, but I doubt he can't do it anymore.
There was a time a while back when vicente was a real prospect, shame injuries ruined so much of his important years of development but if you ever saw the guy before all his injuries hit, he had real good potential!

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I completely understand that. The only reason i chose silva ahead of david silva is because currently we have three proven strikers whereas we have no other real high quality winger bar ronaldo. Park works great but he is hardly a class player. Nani has potential but can he perform consistantly and has he got the head to do it weekly against good teams? Tosic is totally unproven and its like having manucho, we simply know nothing about the guy and so far all he has done really is play reserve football.

Silva now is someone who can play right, left, is left footed naturally too, can create chances and score goals and has major potential and is already in the spain team and was a regular in the team that won the euros. Its more what united would need than a david villa who simply would not accept a situation that tevez is in in terms of accepting time on the bench because he simply is not a bench player. As far as im concerned...david silva is a classier footballer than torres, yes torres is more a target man/more direct but david silva is a better player imo. I also agree about david silva possibly not being physically ready yet, he seems to have had some injuries so we dont know how fragile he is but i think at united with the pitch and how we play our game, his size would not hinder him...keeping him fit would be the priority! :cool:

So basically i actually agree with your post, in terms of where they are at in their careers, david villa is definately a much more developed footballer than silva currently but i think silva with his potential and age is someone we would need more possibly come the summer than a david villa who would refuse to sit behind rooney and berbatov considering he is arguebaly better than both. They are the only reasons i chose david silva over villa. I also love left footed players, just seem classy talents. lol.

About joaquin, i think he is a good player but nothing more. I dont think he is of silvas ability or potential nor do i think he is anything special but thats my opinion.

pz! :cool:
I think you made a couple mistakes with the names there. At times when you wanted to say David Villa you wrote Silva.

Wih Franck Ribery making exit noises at Bayern, I'd much rather Fergie try for Ribery than Silva. So of the Valencia players David Villa would be my top pick.

If Ribery can not be bought than buying David Silva would be a good option.

He wouldn't have to sell anyone, if Ronaldo leaves as Nani could play on the right.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think you made a couple mistakes with the names there. At times when you wanted to say David Villa you wrote Silva.

Wih Franck Ribery making exit noises at Bayern, I'd much rather Fergie try for Ribery than Silva. So of the Valencia players David Villa would be my top pick.

If Ribery can not be bought than buying David Silva would be a good option.

He wouldn't have to sell anyone, if Ronaldo leaves as Nani could play on the right.
Yes i did sorry, its actually funny i made that mistake so many times during the post, i had already edited it like 2-3 times before thinking i had got rid of the mistake!! lol Now i realise i still had a few more left! lol :cool:

Anyway i agree, having ribery would be class too and i think he would possibly fit into united quicker...do you agree?

I agree with jazz also though, the chances of us getting any of these players are slim imo, especially if ronaldo stays (which i hope he does more so than buying any player lol)

pz!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
There was a time a while back when vicente was a real prospect, shame injuries ruined so much of his important years of development but if you ever saw the guy before all his injuries hit, he had real good potential!

pz!:cool:
Hell yeah! I was actually talking to my friend in Argentina about him the other day. That guy can cross like nobody's business. He was supposed to be the future of Argentina's lineup, shame he got hurt so many times. He's still a joy to watch IMO, the only problem is his fitness, or lack thereof.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Hell yeah! I was actually talking to my friend in Argentina about him the other day. That guy can cross like nobody's business. He was supposed to be the future of Argentina's lineup, shame he got hurt so many times. He's still a joy to watch IMO, the only problem is his fitness, or lack thereof.
Vicente is Spanish if I'm not mistaken.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I actually had no idea of that. Everyday we learn something new! :cool:

pz!
That's what I was told anyway. Not sure if I believe it myself, when you're dealing with South Americans, the one thing you need to realize is, their passion blinds their brains sometimes, though imo, there's nothing wrong with that in the least. Life without passion is hardly life as far as I'm concerned.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.