Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Also, for Spain the Villa - Torres partnership has never really worked. I know they won the Euros but that was because the whole team were amazing.
Did they both start the final? I know Torres did cos he scored but Im struggling to remember if Villa did. I really should know this cos I was actually at the game lol.

hang on actually...wasnt Villa injured or suspended?:confused:
My memory is failing me, Im getting old...

villa is the type of striker united need. i swear villa is top quality one of the finest strikers around. i rate him higher than torres.

see euro international level videos. with the quality of uniteds midfield aswell villa would be on fire.

his strength and his passion is great. however i think if he were to leave spain he would go liverpool due to spanish connections. then again if we try and bid you never know.

i just dont want liverpool to get villa, imagine villa +torress plus gerrard... they would be a big threat on paper
Good shout Forza. Dont think he is better than Torres, but he is still one of the best in the business alright. Id agree with the attributes you pointed out. Lets just hope he doesn't go to Liverpool. Come to United or stay in Spain.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I've heard differently. When we supposedly got turned down in a bid for Silva in the Summer, Silva said he never wants to leave Spain.

I heard off Revista De La Liga that Villa and his agents are pretty annoyed at Madrid and they expect him to go to Barca in the Summer (along with Ribery)

I can't see Villa going to Liverpool. They play a certain system where Gerrard plays in behind Torres, Villa won't get in ahead of Gerrard and I can't see Torres and Villa sharing 1 spot.

Also, for Spain the Villa - Torres partnership has never really worked. I know they won the Euros but that was because the whole team were amazing.
Interesting take on things. The thing about Silva last summer, I wrote into Guillame Balague on sky sports and asked about that, and he said it was untrue that Silva said he didn't want to leave Spain, he said the offer was just rejected by Valencia.

And I think Liverpool would still be interested in him, if he came on the market but I do agree that he doesn't fit into their current system. I'm sure he'd be happy to try and develop his partnership with Torres, which I didn't think was too bad in the Euros.

From what I hear, the current general concensus in Spain is that Villa wants to stay in Spain but Silva is more open to other options, although would probably prefer to stay in Spain. Juventus have been heavily linked with him.

Agree with Forza and Jazz aswell about Villa's quality, he would be my second choice behind Benzema if a new striker were to come in.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rafa rules out Silva

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Rafa rules out Silva swoop

Interesting development from the Disturbed One. Although I think it's all BS, he would be definitely interested in an attacking talent such as Silva. Liverpool have an advantage over alot of teams looking to sign him with their base of Spanish players and manager. They could use the versatility and skill Silva offers.

Saga continues:rolleyes:

·
Banned
161 Posts
We should buy Villa, & sell Tevez, do that and we`ll get Rooney 2004 part 2.

On a side note, I would`nt mind keeping Tevez, if he gets back to his best form, he can be better than Villa.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ive always liked silva. hes miles ahead of park

as for villa... a striker with passion and a cold blooded assasin. hes doesent let anyone knock him down.

he can open defences whenever he feels like it

the only thing is he might have to much passion. but clinical striker no doubt. i think he can boost the character and moral of united if he chooses us over liverpool espically

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Interesting take on things. The thing about Silva last summer, I wrote into Guillame Balague on sky sports and asked about that, and he said it was untrue that Silva said he didn't want to leave Spain, he said the offer was just rejected by Valencia.
hmm, possibly. The only thing is I saw quotes from Silva while at the same time I never trust a word Ballague says. On the flip side of that of course is quotes are quite easily taken out of context.

And I think Liverpool would still be interested in him, if he came on the market but I do agree that he doesn't fit into their current system. I'm sure he'd be happy to try and develop his partnership with Torres, which I didn't think was too bad in the Euros.
Yeah they were, but people in Spain considered it similar to our Gerrad - Lampard problem. Torres was pretty quiet in the Euros until the latter part i.e final. Villa was just out of this world for most of the games.

From what I hear, the current general concensus in Spain is that Villa wants to stay in Spain but Silva is more open to other options, although would probably prefer to stay in Spain. Juventus have been heavily linked with him.
Interesting. Either way, I hope we get one of them.

Agree with Forza and Jazz aswell about Villa's quality, he would be my second choice behind Benzema if a new striker were to come in.
And me.

I've always said that Eto'o and Villa are my dream signings.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
60m for Villa and Silva, grab Collison or Huddlestone for knockdown price, sell Tevez, Nani and Fletcher...

I'd be a happy man if that happened...

Ah i can dream...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Won't Villa want to team up with Benitez and Torres? Look at the pulling power Benitez has already had bringing Spaniards to Liverpool.

·
Registered
542 Posts
No. Not a good idea. If Benitez manages to get Villa & David Silva, that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Then I will be genuinely scared of Liverpool.
very nicely explained that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

this is soo true. we cant let liverpool finsh that puzzle. we will regret it

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Wow all for sale let's sign them all! (note obvious stereotypical view of naive and idiotic fan)

OMG What if Liverpool sign all three!! (note obvious stereotypical view of naive and even stupider fan)

Don't panic, they might get one probably Silva we wont sign any they are unrealistic prospects for us.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I actually agree with forzaunited on this one and their performances for spain when they play together kinda shows that david villa is a better player/footballer than torres...atleast of the same level but torres is a better target man.

Both top players but as a footballer..david villa is a better player but just slightly imo, both top players mind.

pz!:cool:

·
16,031 Posts
Won't Villa want to team up with Benitez and Torres? Look at the pulling power Benitez has already had bringing Spaniards to Liverpool.
Pretty sure Villa dislikes Torres, the whole spanish divide etc, plus there was rumours he was unhappy at being surpassed by the Liverpool hitman as spains #1 striker...

·
16,031 Posts
Spanish = Liverpool, Portuguese = United.
Really? Because i could swear we had 4 Brazilians, 2 Italians, 3 Serbians, numerous English/Irish and only 2 Portuguese, while Liverpool have shedloads of Argies aswell...

Oh wait, you was generalising, i get it... Not too smart

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.