Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spanish striker David Villa has admitted that the prospect of moving to England and playing for Liverpool is an attractive one, stating that the idea of linking up with former Valencia coach Rafael Benítez is tempting.

Villa, 26, is currently one of the hottest properties in Europe having already scored four goals in two games for his country at Euro 2008.

The Valencia striker who will quit the Mestalla this summer had been reported as saying he would prefer to remain in Spain, despite interest from several Premier League clubs.

Yet it now appears that the lure of Liverpool, with their Spanish contingent, including manager Rafael Benitez and fellow striker Fernando Torres, may have changed his mind.

“Liverpool and Chelsea are both big clubs with a lot of attraction,†he said before adding, “Liverpool have a Spanish coach and I also have a lot of friends there.â€

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is clearly a fan of the striker having previously tried, unsuccessfully, to sign Villa when he was Valencia manager, something Villa is aware of. He said: “When Rafa was coach at Valencia and I was at Zaragoza there was contact about me joining Valencia but I couldn't arrive until the year after he left there.â€

Villa eventually signed for Valencia from Zaragoza in 2005 and has gone on to make 101 appearances for the club, scoring 58 goals.

He is currently playing for Spain in Euro 2008 and after scoring a hat trick in his opening game against Russia, went on to hit a last minute winner against Sweden last night to send his side through to the quarter finals of the competition.

·
Banned
76 Posts
villa is no good for united if he thinks liverpool is good place to go.

he must have the very low standards i think lol :D

villa plays well for espana in euro games though :eek:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I won't care that much, although I'd rather he went somewhere else.

United defence > Liverpool forwards with Villa

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Why does everyone think Villa is the world's best player, after he scored a hat-trick against the mighty Russia :rolleyes:.

He was particualry quiet last night against the Swedes.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tbh, hes just gonna be another Torres imo.

Reject everyone then when the Spanish manager who manages the Spanish team come calling, SIGN THE CONTRACT! :p

Looks class but his price will be over-inflated and hes a different kind of striker to what we need if we are to sign one.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He was always my first preferred striker which I wanted at OT...I think he will hook up brilliantly with Tevez and Rooney and will bag in goals like Ruud and Torres and would be an excellent signing...I am afraid that most prob he will join Liverpoo and having Torres and Villa up front would be quite a good striker force similar to our Rooney and Tevez one...Our defence would keep them quiet but its not 2 games in a whole season...Torres was quiet both games against us but that doesn't make him a non world class player...I just hope he comes to us and if not us I hope he doesn't move to the EPL lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
If Villa and Torres was Liverpool's strike force, it would be amazing. However, I can't see it happening. Villa is a greedy player with only one thing in his mind - scoring. Torres isn't going to give up the role of being Liverpool's main goalscorer, so while they might play well together for Spain, I don't think they will for Liverpool. Torres needs a support striker beside him, and Gerrard did that quite well at the end of the last season.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
if he moves,it will be for like 40 mil or more which is a inflated to me.He will with torres well and they will score a lot of goals if they get him

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I heard on Setanta Sports news that Vill said thet he'd rather move to Real or
Barce before he'd consider a move to England...

...doubt he'll move to any club in the premier league now...

Z

·
0 Posts
He's a fantastic player and would probably do well at Liverpool.
He could probably be good for us too but as we're supposedly
chasing a target man it's unlikely we'd attempt to sign him.

He looks good when paired with Torres for Spain and I wouldn't
like to see him line up alongside Torres in a Liverpool shirt.
Although I suppse he's just another victim that Vidic and Rio
can make look average like they did with Torres twice last season :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts