Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the most important match of the season so far not involving us???? whose gonna win??

would have gone for villa but think theyre uefa cup game earlier this week plus the hiddink factor will make it harder.....

1-1 draw for me.

Z

·
0 Posts
I don't usually watch Chelsea but I'll probably watch this to see how Villa get on. This game could see them take a massive step towards finishing in a Champions League spot. They'll have the advantage of playing at home and if they win they'll be five points clear of Chelsea and ten clear of Arsenal. It'll be hard for Arsenal to claw that deficit back. Should be a good game.

·
23,699 Posts
I am certainly with Villa all the way this season on moral grounds. For them to displace any of the other usual three would give me immense pleasure enough not unsimilar to....

Real Madrid losing out to Barca in La Liga.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Looking at the title I thought that Chelsea are at home but the game is at Villa Park which will give Aston Villa an advantage over Chelsea. I'll be looking forwardto this game and it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea play as it is Hiddink's first game in charge.

Villa have an edge over Chelsea in this one because their at home and Chelsea have been really off form and the recent ongoings at the club have only worsened things.

Still I think it'll be a 1-1 draw with both teams playing decent football. It will be good if both of them draw as it will push the gap further between United and both the teams.

Z

·
0 Posts
Rahul said:
Looking at the title I thought that Chelsea are at home but the game is at Villa Park which will give Aston Villa an advantage over Chelsea. I'll be looking forwardto this game and it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea play as it is Hiddink's first game in charge.

Villa have an edge over Chelsea in this one because their at home and Chelsea have been really off form and the recent ongoings at the club have only worsened things.

Still I think it'll be a 1-1 draw with both teams playing decent football. It will be good if both of them draw as it will push the gap further between United and both the teams.
I thought that. I'll change it now.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The mind games between Hiddink and Fergie started early when Hiddink said he thought Chelsea could still win the title and Fergie replied in his programme notes on Wednesday that he thought Chelsea were out of the title race.

A Villa win would definitely end Chelsea's title hopes imo. It would also make it difficult for them to finish in the top 3. I bet they never thought they would be fighting it out for 4th with Arsenal at the start of the season!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Last Villa games shows some signs for going out of form.
Chelsea is off form,so 1:1 will be very,very reasonable and good result.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I can see villa doing them tbh, it doesn't matter though if chelsea win they will not catch up with us now were on another planet to them atm. :D
Agbonlahor hatrick lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think Chelsea may win this one because:

a. Villa have had two tough matches over the last week [Everton and Uefa Cup]. They lost against Everton and got a draw in the uefa cup. I wonder how this will affect their confidence. Chelsea have only had a relatively easy game against Watford.

b. Chelsea may get a temporary lift from having a new manager.

c. Chelsea have a good record this season away from the bridge

·
Registered
773 Posts
villa looking strong in this match even milner and heskey are doubtful for this match....Especially Mr A. Young...I'm voting for more Chelsea misery...Villa to win or share point...

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I think chelsea will take this one to be honest, although I love what villa is doing I think hiddink will definitely be able to get the result especially away were chelsea have been playing better this season.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Anelkas goal was pretty good, great work from Lampard to create it.

Thought the game in general though, was rather disappointing, I remember the 4-4 these 2 played out last year, so I was quite disappointed.

Couldn't help but think Villa were going to equalise in the last 10 minutes though they pressed and pressed.

Good result for Hiddink though, bit late though? Maybe if he had come in 4/5 games ago they might still have a shout for the title.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The match was good but I was really hoping the game will end in a draw. The goal scored by Chelsea was a good one but I really thought Villa might score especially early on when they created many chances. Also in the last fifteen minutes, had they tried a little harder they might have got a goal but it wasn't to be. The result still doesn't affect us in anyway since Chelsea are 10 points off and cannot really challenge us for the title.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts