Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at the results from the champions league, Arsenal got a great result away from home with a 1-1 draw, Chelsea smashed an in-form Liverpool at Anfield 3-1, Barcelona took advantage of there 1st leg home ground to win 4-0 while us, playing probably the most easiest team out of them, draw 2-2 at home. Look at Barcelona, they crushed Bayern 4-0 at home, why can't we do that, Liverpool were sky high with confidence and were the form of thier life and Chelsea cruise past them 3-1 away, there are serious issues going on at United, if we don't get our act together in the defensive area there we are gone, every game now whan i watch United i just know the oppositon will score, it's easy to see when they are just ripping through our defence, i think the tie is over, i don't see us winning against Porto but i keep hope that they will play there best there and win, Barca or Chelsea will win CL, if we came up against one of them we would lose heavily.

What the hell is going on with Manchester United ATM, i really want answers because it's not like them, usually after a couple of bad results they bounce back hard, but there bad form has been going on for over a month now, there defence needs to get together and get there act together, and Ronaldo needs to ******* wake up and realise his team needs his brilliance.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
every game now whan i watch United i just know the oppositon will score, it's easy to see when they are just ripping through our defence, i think the tie is over, i don't see us winning against Porto but i keep hope that they will play there best there and win, Barca or Chelsea will win CL, if we came up against one of them we would lose heavily.
:rolleyes:
There is still a game to be played which we are more than capable of winning.
And you think we would lose heavily to Chelsea or barca? You have a short memory cos they are the two teams WE beat last season to win the CL. We are the champions and can take any team on our day. Lets just hope we have a good day on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rolleyes:
There is still a game to be played which we are more than capable of winning.
And you think we would lose heavily to Chelsea or barca? You have a short memory cos they are the two teams WE beat last season to win the CL. We are the champions and can take any team on our day. Lets just hope we have a good day on Wednesday.
I'm saying if we came up against Chelsea or Barca right NOW we would get our ass kicked, yes we did beat them last season to win the CL but that's when we were playing like champions, right now where not.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Be thankful, the result could be more worst than the 2-2 draw we got. Where's the faith?

Seriously as much as im disappointed we didnt make ourselves comfortable for the return leg, im sure we would do better than the first meeting. I know this might sound like an excuse but a lot of our players whom played that day played 24 hours earlier as well and to add to that the number of injury we are having doesnt give us much option either. Like it or not we cant deny that fatigue may be one of the bigger reason but i will not be too worried cause we will have plenty of rest come the second leg and hopefully by then players will be coming back from injury too.

I think to be fair to ourselves, we shouldnt even compared our run with those of barca, arsenal or even chelsea and to say porto is the easiest option when we already did see what they can do is a little bit naive. Im surprise we still didnt give the credits to Porto cause i seriously think their football is breathtaking and being a portugese team, i dont remember there is any diving at all. One advantage we do have is the experience of playing against all these teams, we might just win the CL three times so far but we have been playing in the tournament for ages so based on that experience im not going to worry so much. Believe.:)

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Actually i think Villareal and Arsenal are both the easiest teams, Porto and Bayern have both been great this year, Bayern just struggled the first half, they almost got one or two goals back second half...

I think the Chelsea result shows just how quickly a teams form can swing, so maybe we're due another good run...

S

·
0 Posts
Title.....liv'pool 3-1 chelsea :eek:
Bloody hell i must have been drunk watching tonight. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
While I don't want to take anything away from Porto, our performance was terrible. Porto were the easiest of the draw, without a doubt.

I'm confident of progression. Hopefully Rio and Berbatov will be back for the return leg. We only need 1 goal you know. Don't read into this no English team has ever won at Porto before, because that stat fails to mention how many English teams have played at Porto before.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Look at Barcelona, they crushed Bayern 4-0 at home, why can't we do that,
Are you serious? Why didn't we play as well as Barca? Umm, did they have one injury to cope with before the match?

If you would have told me before the game that we could have a draw, with a backline of Evra/Evans/Vidic/Oshea(Neville) with Johnny Evans playing the worst game of his young career in a United shirt I would have taken it. Never mind that our midfield is either (A) running on fumes, or (B) off form. Also, we were missing Berbatov, which is comparable to Barca playing without Eto'o, a luxary the had in their game.

So please, put it into perspective. Yes our form has dipped as of late, but if you can't see injuries/suspensions as a major culprit in that, I hope you have some padded walls lining your room. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Looking at the moment at the results and judging by the way every team played, i would say the favourites would stand like this:
1 Barca. 2 Chelsea. 3.Porto 4.Arsenal 5.Villareal 6. Man Utd. 7 Liverpool. 8 Bayern.
BUT, there still is another leg to be played and i real hope we can become again one of the favourites to win the cup, though it will be an incredible job to do. But as a lot of people said here around the forum, in our good days, we can beat anyone. MAN UTD 3-0 chleski is another example.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i'll comment pool's game...finally after few week's when they were thinking that they're unstopable chelsea showed them that they are not going to win any trophies this season... If united wins the premiership i think that liverpool's fans should make a remix of "You will never walk alone" a.k.a YNWA to YNWP - YOU NEVER WIN THE PREMIERSHIP :D roflmao :D

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Chelsea, Barca, Villarreal and United all to go through to the Semi-Finals..!
2nd Leg Predictions:
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool, Bayern 3-1 Barcelona, Arsenal 1-1 Villarreal*(Villarreal through on penalties)
Porto 1-2 Man United:D:cool:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I hope we win on wednesday but i honestly can't see it happening we've played utter shit football of late and i fully expect us to go out against porto sorry to say

1 - 17 of 17 Posts