Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
has been served
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since when did Park get good at football?

Most players show their skill in the early 20's and gain the consistency at a later date, where as our Korean maestro developed has been nursing a mediocre consistency since birth and is only now (at age 27) starting to become a quality winger. His ability is now start to match his work rate and his run of first team starts ahead of Nani and Giggs has really given him that boost.

-----Anderson---Carrick---Park--------
Ronaldo----------Berba--------Rooney

^^^ IMO Fergie should give that a go. The sheer amount of energy would tire most teams out by 60 minutes and Carrick can control a game, like Scholes, when he is adequately partnered. The top 3 speaks for itself really.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
He's only in the team because Giggs' too old and can barely last a game nowadays, and Nani is the most frustating and inconsistant piece of work.

He helps out defensivly which is a massive plus for Park, but he isn't that great at doing much in the attacking sense. No way would he be any where near the side if Nani could be putting in performances we know of him or Giggs was the Giggs of 5 years ago.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Park is underestimated. He puts 110% in every game and his performance level has improved dramatically during his time at United. Gets in the team for his sheer drive and determination.

At least he dont shirk his defensive duties like a certain Mister on the other side.
 

·
has been served
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
antdevil78 said:
Park is underestimated. He puts 110% in every game and his performance level has improved dramatically during his time at United. Gets in the team for his sheer drive and determination.

At least he dont shirk his defensive duties like a certain Mister on the other side.

I wonder who that is?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Park is underestimated. He puts 110% in every game and his performance level has improved dramatically during his time at United. Gets in the team for his sheer drive and determination.

At least he dont shirk his defensive duties like a certain Mister on the other side.
Certainly true, and fair play to him and certain games could do with Park.

However, say we have a midfield of Ronaldo Scholes Carrick and Park, our only real forward threat is Ronaldo. Park will hover but when he has the ball he would prefer to pass than take his man on. My opinion of course.

Would love Ashley Young.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
This is getting into a real park bashing night he played well tonight .

He is only in there at the moment as some players Nani mostly arnt playing well but he is a great squad player .

Lets give him some respect for gods sake !!!!!
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
red dave said:
This is getting into a real park bashing night he played well tonight .

He is only in there at the moment as some players Nani mostly arnt playing well but he is a great squad player .

Lets give him some respect for gods sake !!!!!
He was voted man of the match and now there is a thread (this one) saying how good he was tonight. how is that 'Park bashing?' :confused:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
-zuco- said:
He was voted man of the match and now there is a thread (this one) saying how good he was tonight. how is that 'Park bashing?' :confused:


Read some of the posts zuco !!!

Im defending him remember !!

my post wasnt on this thread in general its on all of the threads tonight he is gettin a bashing !!


AND HE GOT MY MAN OF THE MATCH MATE!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
Park is NOT fantastic nor possesses the cutting edge or a flying winger we dream of. He hardly can beat or outrun any defender in the wings. :p

But he is just consistent, has a usually reliable work rate to make up for whatever shortcomings and has better impact than others today. Good enough as MOTM for me given what happened on the pitch.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
red dave said:
Read some of the posts zuco !!!

Im defending him remember !!

my post wasnt on this thread in general its on all of the threads tonight he is gettin a bashing !!


AND HE GOT MY MAN OF THE MATCH MATE!
I give up on you Faz, I really do.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I'm a big fan of Park.

His work-rate is top-notch, and he has been fantastic for us, especially in the last year or two. I think he should definitely be considered first choice in his positon, especially when Rafael plays at RB. He isn't a natural winger, like a Giggs. However, he offers great balance to the side and does a great job for us.

No doubt, there are better players then him. But hes definitely a great player to have in the squad, and deserves his place at Manchester United.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
Omg!!! People Said Park Cannot Score!!! That Is So Not True!!! He Is Number 456356357634523 On The All Time Scoring List For United!!! I Like Caps Lock!!! Exclaiming Is Also The Bees Knees!!!
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Cappy said:
Omg!!! People Said Park Cannot Score!!! That Is So Not True!!! He Is Number 456356357634523 On The All Time Scoring List For United!!! I Like Caps Lock!!! Exclaiming Is Also The Bees Knees!!!
DUUUUUHHHH, he's got more goals in his United career then Berbs. Honestly, at least to me, he's just a right-sided Emile Heskey. All he really does is create space, though I think he's important for when Rafael is playing, since he provides some cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
If Park was half a step faster he would score much more often as a lot of opportunities do come his way that are just out of his reach. On defense he can be very disruptive. I like Park, and I live in Korea where he's a GOD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I saw him for PSV a few years ago ripping Milan a new one, on that day I thought, yes...he is good. No suprises to me that he is playing well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
ye he works hard but theres no quality. he hasn't set up a goal, scored 1 and he has played a hel of a lot this season. Nani might be frustration but at least theres some quality.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top