Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
They still have major problems though and need to splash the cash.
I cant see the likes of van Persie, Adebayour and Fabregas being as willing to commit.
I dont rate them as much anymore. They need to spend big or at least wisely to even come in the top 4 next season. They have a few decent players and a lot of really promising youngsters but they really need a midfield enforcer. They havent been the same since Vieira left and Flamini last season.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They still have major problems though and need to splash the cash.
I cant see the likes of van Persie, Adebayour and Fabregas being as willing to commit.
I dont rate them as much anymore. They need to spend big or at least wisely to even come in the top 4 next season. They have a few decent players and a lot of really promising youngsters but they really need a midfield enforcer. They havent been the same since Vieira left and Flamini last season.
I reckon Fabregas might be on his toes sooner or later, with Barca being the obvious destination.

To be fair to them I still rate them as a quality team, they've just suffered massively with injuries this season, especially in defence. Obviously it's hard to defend that because football today is a squad game and you have to be able to cope with that, but I reckon if they didn't have so many injuries they'd have been challenging for the title.

Next season their young team will have had another year playing together and because of the injuries the younger players have had more time on the pitch and gained some valuable experience. I expect Arsenal to challenge for the title again next season if they bring in a proven defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
They lost the league pretty much in the first few months though when they had all their defenders playing. The injuries were mainly to players like Rosicky, Eduardo and Walcott. Actually now that I think about it, they do have some class players. Arshavin will be immense next season. Nasri will do well as will Fabregas and van Persie if he stays. Id nearly get rid of Adebayour for big bucks and buy a decent midfielder cos they have Arshavin, VP, Bender, Vela and co. who can do a job up front.
They are a strange team really, could lose to Hull and then beat us the next week. Too inconsistent for me. They will struggle to get near us next season I reckon. We shall see though.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I reckon Fabregas might be on his toes sooner or later, with Barca being the obvious destination.

To be fair to them I still rate them as a quality team, they've just suffered massively with injuries this season, especially in defence. Obviously it's hard to defend that because football today is a squad game and you have to be able to cope with that, but I reckon if they didn't have so many injuries they'd have been challenging for the title.

Next season their young team will have had another year playing together and because of the injuries the younger players have had more time on the pitch and gained some valuable experience. I expect Arsenal to challenge for the title again next season if they bring in a proven defensive midfielder.
Does anyone reckon we should make a cheeky bid for Cesc? I mean he recently came out and declared his passion for United! I think if we offered him big money we would be in with a big shout. A future midfield duo or trio of fabregas, Carrick and Anderson would be unbeatable imo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They lost the league pretty much in the first few months though when they had all their defenders playing. The injuries were mainly to players like Rosicky, Eduardo and Walcott. Actually now that I think about it, they do have some class players. Arshavin will be immense next season. Nasri will do well as will Fabregas and van Persie if he stays. Id nearly get rid of Adebayour for big bucks and buy a decent midfielder cos they have Arshavin, VP, Bender, Vela and co. who can do a job up front.
They are a strange team really, could lose to Hull and then beat us the next week. Too inconsistent for me. They will struggle to get near us next season I reckon. We shall see though.
Consistency comes with experience and I reckon next season they'll step up and show what they can do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone reckon we should make a cheeky bid for Cesc? I mean he recently came out and declared his passion for United! I think if we offered him big money we would be in with a big shout. A future midfield duo or trio of fabregas, Carrick and Anderson would be unbeatable imo.
He would be a good signing but I don't think Arsenal would ever sell him to us.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
I disagree, remember 5 or 6 years ago, there were loads of rumours of Arsenal selling us Vieira? And now becaues of the improving relationship between Wenger and Fergie, I really wouldn't rule this one out.
Thats different though Arsene could tell Veira was coming to an end of been a world class player while Fab will only get better in time because of his age!i don't see us ever signing Fab or any of the big players from any of the other big four TBH!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think theo has alot of potential to be honest even though evra gave him a real lesson this season in the champions league. He has solid technique for a british player and plays at arsenal so football played on the ground and the so called 'international' way is not foreign to him at all. Then he has incredible place and can finish too and should in theory providing he does not get many injuries, improve alot over the next 2-3 seasons.

I agree arsenal to need to invest in a few players but i think providing they keep there players fit and get some back, they should be a very good teamm again next season. It'll be interesting to see what villa, city and spurs do in the transfer market. They like usual will want to push the top four. Also everton but we know they dont have the financial muscle to compete...but ehy always do well.

pz!:cool:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Thats different though Arsene could tell Veira was coming to an end of been a world class player while Fab will only get better in time because of his age!i don't see us ever signing Fab or any of the big players from any of the other big four TBH!
I agree, its a basic rule between the top four clubs to never sell quality to each other.

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
He's already peaking and getting a lot of injuries and he's only 20. Arsenal have done more damage than good to young players IMO because they overplay them til they break the **** down. Even Cesc is a good example of this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.