Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal's win over Bolton was the comeback of the season - unfortunately - and
had many echoes of United's remarkable away win over Everton last year where
they also got three points after going two goals down.

After a month of so so miserable performances Arsenal will no doubt have felt like
they had won the league following their comeback at the Reebok which kept
alive their title chances.

Of course Arsenal remain third behind Chelsea and six points adrift of United - but
could their win against Bolton provide the confidence-boosting springboard they
desperately needed for the remainder of the season?

United's win over Everton last year effectively handed them the title - Arsenal are
far from being at that stage but it could be just the type of result that could
embolden them for the games to come.

And should make their upcoming trip to Old Trafford all the more interesting.

Tell us what you think ... :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
it just came way too late for them, i cant see them catching up with us this season. nonetheless a remarkable comeback, hope they can build on this and wrack liverpool three times in a row, go one better than last season league and fa cup double

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
everton were a faaaaaar better team than bolton is this year... but we didn't have a man sent off.... and we were at the top spot at the time

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
True. Can anybody care to tell me what's with the drastic change of fortunes in Bolton Wanderers this season? They were comfartably in the top 7th rankings of the Barclays Premiership the previous season...but right now, they are battling to survive the drop and even facing serious danger of relegating to the Championship!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
sam allardyce leaving was the main reason and also anelka leaving.....sam knew the team well for quite a few years so when he left everyone doubted there will be a fall in standings...but not this much big a fall.....and it was made worse when anelka left.....they are struggling to score without anelka......that is a really bad loss for them.....

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I don't think there should be too much comparison between those matches. Everton are far better and we didn't scrape past them. We dominated the second half of that match. Also even if Arsenal do push on from that game with Bolton, we are in the form of our life right now. I do not see us losing the league really, i have even forseen us between Chelsea at the bridge!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
everton was the stronger side
what am lost

you cant compare bolton with one of the strongest english sides everton
and also dont compare any one with manchester united
andy cole andy cole andy andy cole when he gets the ball scores a goal andy andy cole

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
No.

Reason:
We were ontop of the league and it was a crucial day in
the title race because of Chelsea dropping 2 points at
home to Bolton. Good win for Arsenal nonetheless, but
Chelsea are our main threat to me anyway. I see us
picking up either 4 or 6 points when we welcome Le
Arse to The Theatre Of Dreams, and we make the
journey south to the 'bridge.

So, I don't think that win for Arsenal was anywhere near
as significant as ours against Everton last season was.

(BTW, what a game that was! Oh! Memories! :eek:)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Our comeback was more important since Chelsea would of cut the gap to like a single point or something and that would really just ruin our awsome season. Everton of last season is much much much better than current Bolton. The comeback was only important to save the embarrasment of Arsenal imo. They will not win the EPL no matter what!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
No because they arent in poll position plus Bolton are a pile of turd these days they will go down before Fulham at this rate, cant believe we lost to them earlier in the season !

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Arsenal's win over Bolton was the comeback of the season - unfortunately - and
had many echoes of United's remarkable away win over Everton last year where
they also got three points after going two goals down.

After a month of so so miserable performances Arsenal will no doubt have felt like
they had won the league following their comeback at the Reebok which kept
alive their title chances.

Of course Arsenal remain third behind Chelsea and six points adrift of United - but
could their win against Bolton provide the confidence-boosting springboard they
desperately needed for the remainder of the season?

United's win over Everton last year effectively handed them the title - Arsenal are
far from being at that stage but it could be just the type of result that could
embolden them for the games to come.

And should make their upcoming trip to Old Trafford all the more interesting.

Tell us what you think ... :)
it may have been as good a win or as good a come back but not a chance was it as important! we essentially won the league that day, they just gave themselves a little more time before they're out of the race completely!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
abojodeh said:
diof or diofe i cant spell him
I hope you don't mean El Hadji Diouf?! :eek:

Arsenal didn't win that game, Bolton threw it away. It was dreadful defending for the first goal, they gave away a penalty for the second and scored an own goal in the last minute!!!

I know against Everton we were lucky with our first two goals but Rooney's winner was superb and so was his pass for Eagles. At one point that day it looked like we would only be ahead of Chelsea on goal difference but we ended it 5 points clear. That's why it was such a huge day in the title race.

Arsenal are still 6 points behind, have only won 2 of their last 10 games in all competitions and play Liverpool and us next in the league. I think their chances of winning the title are over this season.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i dont think so

because for us last season we were 1st in the league and by having a huge comeback we stayed there but in arsenal's case they won to stay in the title race and are still 6 points behind

1 - 17 of 17 Posts