Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now this post is more about how listening to a game that alan green commentates on or watching motd gives a strange slant to a game .

i listened to game on 5 live and it sounded as if rooney was having a distinctly poor game . i recorded game in full and watched it twice in full last night --- sad i know but hey ho and how do these people keep their jobs .

wayne set up two of the goals ran himself ragged for the cause and what were painted as awful misses by green were half chances that only came about through his brilliance . he could have set up more if others finishing was better on the day .

also i know andy gray and fergie dont get on but he really is becoming a comedy character now .

i think i will watch the next live game with sound down on sky .

setanta much better in my opinion even with craig burley

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
wayne was very good the whole game.....was scared when he got that injury scare but then he didnt have any problems......
the look on my bro's face after the game was priceless!!! :D
anyway...rooney is setting up a lot but not doing what a striker does....score!!!!!! :rolleyes: .........but he is very influential to united and our play....

·
Registered
675 Posts
akash_reds said:
rooney is setting up a lot but not doing what a striker does....score!!!!!!
i agree. once he gets his form back and starts smashing them into the back of the net....other teams better be scared i tell ya :D

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I didn't get a chance to see the game ... :(

But from what I have read it seems Mr Rooney played a brilliant part in the
destruction of the Bindippers !

He doesn't have the greatest scoring record I know this ...

But at times when we ve been without him ...

We have struggled !

When we held the vote for who we would prefer - "Rooney or Ronaldo" ...

I voted for Rooney without hesitation !

He does have a habit of excelling in the big games time after time ...

He's probably one of the bravest players I have ever seen too ...

Now all we have to do it teach CR7 these skills ... :p

·
Registered
309 Posts
haggler said:
now this post is more about how listening to a game that alan green commentates on or watching motd gives a strange slant to a game .

i listened to game on 5 live and it sounded as if rooney was having a distinctly poor game . i recorded game in full and watched it twice in full last night --- sad i know but hey ho and how do these people keep their jobs .

wayne set up two of the goals ran himself ragged for the cause and what were painted as awful misses by green were half chances that only came about through his brilliance . he could have set up more if others finishing was better on the day .

also i know andy gray and fergie dont get on but he really is becoming a comedy character now .

i think i will watch the next live game with sound down on sky .

setanta much better in my opinion even with craig burley

Brilliant post mate very funny.100% my sentiments on both gray & green. I heard the latter was giving out even about united fans singing songs swearing at Liverpool. what does he expect a bloody concert hall. Lawro put him right saying scousers would be the same at Anfield but that didnt seem to dawn on that united hating tosser!!!

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
This thread really contrasts with the "Concern over rooney's finishing" thread!

He was immense yesterday! Played out of his skin! The way he beat to Pile
players in the second half and teed up Anderson was brilliant. He almost scored
what would've been goal of the season to me after VDS's long punt forward! His
movement was second to none! Sure he may not be firing in all the goals but I
keep saying it,

"It's what he brings to the team, the drive he shows the passion and
power is an absolute joy to watch and he's a credit to the club."

I went to the Birmingham City game on New Year's Day and I can't explain the
disappointment that fell over me when I learned of his absence through a virus.
And believe me, Wayne will be England's and Manchester United's full-time
captain in years to come.

Legend....

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
yeh he was great haggler but i think its was his finishing thats coming in for attack he has to start puttin them in it may cost us in a big game.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
fazman said:
yeh he was great haggler but i think its was his finishing thats coming in for attack he has to start puttin them in it may cost us in a big game.
his finishing aint poor, just unlucky at moment. The take-down from Van Der Sar was sublime and only prevented a goal by excellent save from reina.

if work rate = goals rooney would have double ronaldo's tally up to now.

the boy will come good and when he does, expect a downpour

·
Registered
590 Posts
Had Wayne put away one of those chances yesterday, I think most people would have been talking about how well he played. However, he didn't score and unfortunatly most people will only judge a striker on the amount of goals he scores.

I can see Wayne's game coming back to him now, just in time for the run in, and as other people have said once he get's one goal, I back him to go on and get a lot more.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
assist to nani just proves you that he's being played out of position...he's a great AMF or SS....but not a CF....

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
its apity he didnt get a goal to add to his excellent performance.. . he missed three one on ones but theres probably no more than 2 or 3 people who could have cotroled the ball the way he did to give himself the chances! they were also v good saves by Reina!

He'll bang one in soon and he'll be THE player of the last month or two of the season!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I wish I could analyse the match with the rest of you but unfortunately those biased twits at BBC decided that it was far more important to focus the majority of the highlights on Mascherano, Mascherano badgering the referee, on Mascherano being sent off and finally on Mascherano being consolidated by Benitez on the touchline after being sent off.

Wasted all the bloody highlights with that crap and we ended up just getting the bloody goals.

I'm getting sky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts