Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Fergaiste said:
I'd keep Rooney in a heartbeat . Ronaldo showed by his performamce today that yet again he underperformed on the big occasion especially when Rooney is not playing.

they say chickens come home to roost and maybe the result today will humble him. He does too much blowing his own trumpet for my liking like saying earlier in the week he was a shoe-in for world player of the year-pathetic!!!!Its time he shut up and let his football do the talking. Let's hope city's win today is a wake up call for the likes him and ferdinand.

Rooney is the real talisman as stats back up with 5 defeats when he wasnt there
As much as i agree with your post, I still believe Rooney has been quite poor this season. I just wish he could recreate some of his old form in front of goal.
When he is there he brings the best out of others if not himself and today showed how much we need him.
Id pick Rooney over Ronaldo purely for the way he plays and the fighting spirit he shows.
Ronaldo may nothave stepped up when it really matters but he has saved our bacon many times this season ALREADY....
but as Ferg said he should stop blowing his own trumpet and do the talking on the pitch.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well said. i agree that the title hopes could be on Rooney's broad shoulders.
He needs to step up to the plate and start banging in the goals.
We all know he can do it, lets just pray he does...
I also believe that some of the others need to step up to the plate.
We need something a bit more stable in midfield. Anderson has been picked in ALL the big games this season. he was amazing against Arse and Pool but I felt today that Hargreaves or Carrick deserved the nod to play.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
-zuco- said:
This is probably one of the best posts I've read on this forum, well said mate.
Ill second that....great post United OG
Its changed my view entirely.
I guess we just love Rooney more than Ronaldo so we tend to knock Ronnie when he has a bad game. All the best have bad games once in a while.
Its not as if Rooney has been even playing well this season or even last to some extent.
Im happy we have both lads in our team and long may it continue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts