Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wayne Rooney was a man pleased after Manchester United's 2-0 win over Reading in what was a very tricky game. However, he did give the Dubious Goals Committee a piece of his mind.

A Very Difficult Game

The game looked to be headed towards a draw when Rooney got on the end of Carlos Tevez's pass and scored 13 minutes from time.

It was the decisive moment of the game as Manchester United held on before scoring a late second to pick up a 2-0 win and preserve their position at the top of the table.

“It was a difficult game,†Rooney told MUTV after the game.

“You have to give Reading a lot of credit. They attacked us and it was an end-to-end game – probably the most difficult I've played in this season.

“But we got there in the end and we're delighted with the three points.

On his own goal, he said: “I had a few opportunities before the goal and maybe should have done better with them.

“It was a great ball by Carlos and I'm just delighted that I finished it."

Dubious Goals Committee Duibuous?

He also had some very harsh words for the Dubious Goals Committee, who decided to deny him his goal against Arsenal, attributing it to William Gallas instead.

“I don't know who gives and doesn't give these goals,†he said.

“Over the last three years, Frank Lampard has had about 50 deflected goals and never had one took off him.

“I've had one deflected goal and had it took off me, so maybe they need to look at the game a bit closer.â€

LMAO @ the 'Deflecticon' Frank Lumptard part! :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
He has the right to blew his top & I love it when he did mention Frank Lampard lol..seriously what he said is true..none of Lampard deflected goal was taken off from him, oh well wayne, stop moaning & bang them in more!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
red_devils4life said:
“Over the last three years, Frank Lampard has had about 50 deflected goals and never had one took off him.! :D
was going to mention the very thing. Frankie baby can do no wrong, the darling of the FA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts