Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
hope it aint a big scoreline unless we play well as its just gonna make a mockery of the whole thing and taint being World Champions.

Personally, winning the biggest league in the world and the biggest continental cup tournament qualifies you to be known as World Champions, not beating what is not much more than glorified pub teams.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Well, I'm just hoping that players who need games get them, and that everyone comes through unscathed.

Of course I'm hoping for a win as well, but no way would I sacrifice a win for players fitness.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts


FIFA World Club Championship Final 2008
International Stadium Yokohama
December 21st 2008
10:30 (GMT)



...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
antdevil78 said:
hope it aint a big scoreline unless we play well as its just gonna make a mockery of the whole thing and taint being World Champions.

Personally, winning the biggest league in the world and the biggest continental cup tournament qualifies you to be known as World Champions, not beating what is not much more than glorified pub teams.
I do agree with what you are saying but I do believe there is room for an event like this yes todays opponents were poor but usually the south american team arnt .

Whats wrong with giving these smaller clubs a chance anyway we put out a strong outfit today to beat them so the profile of the tournament must be being raised .
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
hope fergie mixes them up for the final. would play park over Ronaldo although i dont think he would want to be left out if 100% fit.

Give rafael a start although i think fergie is saving him for stoke on Boxing Day.

On paper we should walk it but their style of play may be our undoing as South American teams like to play it slow with quick bursts similar to Gamba Osaka's first goal when our defence was amateur-like.

Overall it will interesting to play someone not from Brazil for a change.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
antdevil78 said:
hope fergie mixes them up for the final. would play park over Ronaldo although i dont think he would want to be left out if 100% fit.

Give rafael a start although i think fergie is saving him for stoke on Boxing Day.

On paper we should walk it but their style of play may be our undoing as South American teams like to play it slow with quick bursts similar to Gamba Osaka's first goal when our defence was amateur-like.

Overall it will interesting to play someone not from Brazil for a change.

Me too I was very upset he didnt give one of the young lads a run out .

I know johnny evans is young but I thought wellbeck or gibson may of got a run out .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
We've made it to the final, and no one has given anything for us!! In this year every team claimed they have already won, even after playing with us, and here we are, one of the two greatest teams of the world..!

I know how difficult is the play against teams, that carry such a big and great history as you, but with humbleness we've made until here!!!

Good Luck!
 

·
Breaking into the first team
Joined
·
654 Posts
Hopefully it will be a good match...
Maybe give Danny Wellbeck a run? But we need to make sure we dont drop off and concede like we did today...

Im still dissapointed that Manucho was not included in the squad, but there you go...

Score predicion - 4-2 United. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
I hope he plays all 4 of Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov. This would be a perfect time to do it, we should be controlling the game, but I thought that we would today and we still conceded 3 :p

SAF will go for a similar team to todays game

VDS

Rafael Ferdinand Vida Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Park

Rooney Berbatov

We should win, hopefully be a goalfest :) 3/4-0
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,654 Posts
cjaramillo88 said:
We will win!!
i believe you believe you will win i believe your belief to be misguided and you most definately ar about to be what is known in the uk as well gubbed
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
I cant call this as we have never seen them play but to win there copa libtedores they must of been a good side .

It will be a good game I hope we win .
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
They got insanely lucky to win Copa, having watched the games impartially (I don't give 2 tosses about club football in the western hemishphere) I can honestly say, barring any divine intervention it should be 6 or more.

They are worse than Derby was last year.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
They got insanely lucky to win Copa, having watched the games impartially (I don't give 2 tosses about club football in the western hemishphere) I can honestly say, barring any divine intervention it should be 6 or more.

They are worse than Derby was last year.

We will see on sunday wont we !!

Derby were pretty bad !

why dont you like teams from over there piazza ?
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
red dave said:
We will see on sunday wont we !!

Derby were pretty bad !

why dont you like teams from over there piazza ?
They come from countries that throw bags of urine at American players.

Plus, its tough for me to get into Ecuadorian football, Chilean football... blah blah blah.

I watch el superclásico usually but that's it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
They come from countries that throw bags of urine at American players.

Plus, its tough for me to get into Ecuadorian football, Chilean football... blah blah blah.

I watch el superclásico usually but that's it.
Use the power of the internet you do with united dont you !!
 
1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Top