Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have got Chelsea tomorrow, Wigan Wednesday and Bolton on Saturday.

Win all three and Liverpool will be going into the Merseyside derby possibly needing to win to go top (depending on goal difference)

The next seven days will define our season and possibly send a massive message to the dippers. Bigger than anything Rafa can read off a piece of paper.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Yep, a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE week!

Please, I just hope we go out tomorrow to win, rather than to not lose (eg chelski away last season). Win tomorrow, and we are on our way! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
i am loving this season so far.. my friend who is a liverpool kept goin on about liverpool wining the league nd nothin we cud do about it cos if we win our games in hand we still need them 2 slip up but now if we win our 3 games we can go top nd he is a little rattled by it......... I LOVE IT

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It's going to be great, but we have to take every game at it's time:)and we have a preety tough game at our hands. If we pass this one, shiverpool will pe very worried:)but we have to beat chelski and gain advantage over liverpool

·
Registered
199 Posts
Excellent Thread!!! :D

None of the games are a given, especially not todays, but Im confident we will take all 9 points. :D

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the biggest game of the three we have this week. Win this and hopefully Wigan and Bolton will follow.

However we must not expect to beat Wigan and Bolton just cos we beat Chelsea. The return of Rio and Paddy will be a massive boost for us.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I Believe we can do it!!! im so excited for todays game!!! Yeah we lost midweek but today we are gonna have a full strong squad, so hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) we can pull a win out of the bag. It would be great to go top again - Liverpool have been there far too long!!

·
U N I T E D United Are The Team For Me
186 Posts
Im going to the Wigan game. I cannot wait as its actually a massive game. Big three points to claim and Wigan are in great form!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
We are so close to the top now. This will give a lot more pressure on pools. Nobody can stop us from now on. We just need to play like today and the EPL will be ours again. I just hope our players will not be very tired after this game. But we have so many great players on the bench so I believe we will be on the top next Saturday.

Pools will have very tough game against Everton. So we could stay on the top even after Sunday :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
oh yes i think wigan will be an easier game because at home, but bolton are a bogey team especially away. i feel bolton will sit back with 10 defenders. Its going to be one of those games i hate to watch just waiting for united to score while the other team just defends. But it would be great sitting at the top. Really missed that number one spot.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think the season will come together now. By the end of Jan we will be 4 points clear and in the final of carling cup!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
antdevil78 said:
We have got Chelsea tomorrow, Wigan Wednesday and Bolton on Saturday.

Win all three and Liverpool will be going into the Merseyside derby possibly needing to win to go top (depending on goal difference)

The next seven days will define our season and possibly send a massive message to the dippers. Bigger than anything Rafa can read off a piece of paper.

How true will your post turn out to be? I mean, if we really do win against Wigan, aswell as Bolton and the scum drop points against everton (whi might happen as Arteta and co are finding a bit of form) this week could totally define our domestic season.

I have a gut-feeling we will be revisiting this thread in future. :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We WILL be top by the time Liverpool play next.

We have to guard against complacency, but I prefer to be optimistic and show belief in Utd.

An incredible game today means Part 1 is over. Now, lets look forward to Part 2! :)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
SmithyTheRed said:
Im going to the Wigan game. I cannot wait as its actually a massive game. Big three points to claim and Wigan are in great form!
whereabouts in northampton you from smithy ?

we need to keep zaki quiet and heskey would love a goal against us so wigan will be tricky

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Dont ge tgiddy,Wigan are fightersmBolton are fighters,nothing is a certainity,if we are not top when liverpool play its no biggie b ecause we WILL get at least 4 pooints from our next 2 games xx

1 - 20 of 26 Posts