Manchester United Talk banner

We HAVE to buy Benzema!

5K views 60 replies 35 participants last post by  Arrogant Frog Eater 
#1 ·
This guy is so talented and only 20 years old. In my opinion he isajust the player we need, and would be a fantastic signing.

Come on Fergie, you know it makes sense.

#8 ·
Benzema...!!!!

Thats his 1st goal for Manchester United.... can just picture it,

Unfortunately odnt think we have the money to finish on-top of a bidding war. Every single club will b interested in him, and real madrid chelsea barca have the money. IT he is to coem to manchester united, we may have to pay 30 million pounds and convince him as chelsea or someone could offer more..

but if he came itd be best attak in the world:D :D

#12 ·
Benzema is realy good...but i real doubt Sir Alex will buy him....my guess is if Danny Welbeck plays well...1 or 2 games...or how many Sir Alex will play him...and will convince in training....i'm preety sure...that with Rooney...Tevez ...Welbeck and Manucho comming in the summer...well...we sure won't buy a new striker....but if i had to buy one...it would definetely be Benzema or the other young talent..Huntelaar

#13 ·
united4ever said:
----------------Benzema----------------

--Ronaldo------Rooney-------Tevez--

We'd be unstoppable with that attack.
Correct, There are many nice strikers to buy, but some are to expensive because we bought like hell in the last summer.

Players like : Luis Fabiano, Kanoute, Villa and Guiza.

It's strange, we have some really good strikers but still i think we need one more :S

#16 ·
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas claims Sir Alex Ferguson has enquired about Karim Benzema and Hatem Ben Arfa.

The highly-rated attacking duo have been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, with Arsenal and Chelsea rumoured to hold an interest.

Back in the autumn, Aulas warned any interested clubs that Benzema and Ben Arfa would not be sold until Lyon had won the UEFA Champions League.

The French champions meet United next week in the last 16 of Europe's elite club competition and Aulas claims Ferguson has been in touch.

But the Lyon supremo is in no mood to sell the youngsters in the near future after United were linked with a £40million double swoop.
Building for future

"I told Sir Alex that Benzema and Ben Arfa will not leave in the next two years," Aulas is quoted in The Sun.

"We want to build our future on them.

"If he wants to exchange Cristiano Ronaldo for Ben Arfa we could talk about it, but they would have to also give us a bit of money."

Striker Benzema has scored 16 goals in 24 league games this season, while Ben Arfa has impressed on the wing for Lyon.
sky sports news
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i guess your wish has come true about this Benzema
we will prob get him in summer
nevr heard of the other one
ronaldo n a bit of money loool :D

#19 ·
Lyon warn United off duo

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas claims Sir Alex Ferguson has enquired about Karim Benzema and Hatem Ben Arfa.

The highly-rated attacking duo have been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, with Arsenal and Chelsea rumoured to hold an interest.

Back in the autumn, Aulas warned any interested clubs that Benzema and Ben Arfa would not be sold until Lyon had won the UEFA Champions League.

The French champions meet United next week in the last 16 of Europe's elite club competition and Aulas claims Ferguson has been in touch.

But the Lyon supremo is in no mood to sell the youngsters in the near future after United were linked with a £40million double swoop.

Building for future

"I told Sir Alex that Benzema and Ben Arfa will not leave in the next two years," Aulas is quoted in The Sun.

"We want to build our future on them.

"If he wants to exchange Cristiano Ronaldo for Ben Arfa we could talk about it, but they would have to also give us a bit of money."

Striker Benzema has scored 16 goals in 24 league games this season, while Ben Arfa has impressed on the wing for Lyon.

that will be wicked if we got both but doubt we will get either in the summer.. break the bank to get both of these players becuase they will be worth it...we always needed a 4th striker and ben arfa can replace giggsy on the left

#20 ·
MANCHESTER United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted at his interest in Lyons starlet Karim Benzema.

The Reds boss watched the striker along with winger Hatem Ben Arfa last weekend, when a guest of Lyons president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Fergie will have a closer look at the pair when United face the French side in the Champions League this week – but he did nothing to quell speculation that he is set to move for the £30m-rated Benzema as well as Ben Arfa.

Amid rumours that he has already offered £21m for the player dubbed “the new Zidaneâ€, Fergie described him as a “possibilityâ€.

He added: “It is an area we tried to strengthen last summer and I don't think that's left us.

“I have big hopes for Danny Welbeck and he's progressing well but he's young. And we have Frazier Campbell coming back who has done well at Hull, but he's young as well.

“Benzema is only 20 and Ben Arfa is also 20. Lyons produce young players and Benzema is a local boy, which I'm sure gives them pride.â€

Benzema has confirmed his first choice is a move to Milan, but admitted he would be tempted by offers from United and Juventus, while Arsenal are also monitoring his progress.

Ferguson though knows the player won't come cheap, rating Aulas as one of European football's shrewdest negotiators.

"The president is a very clever man," he said. "He's so clever he can sell midfield players (Mahamadou Diarra) for £20m. That's amazing.

“That Jeremy Toulalan he bought from Nantes just sits and does the same job Diarra did. When they sold Michael Essien, they took Tiago then sold Tiago to Juventus for £6m.

"Eric Abidal, £10m for a left back. They're a well-run club."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks like its comming true lads we got quotes ;)

#26 ·
Karim Benzema= The Truth

I was very impressed by Benzema's performance today... He looked very strong, confident, and fast.... he had made some great plays out there... I never knew he was that strong and he uses his leverage very well like Tevez.... He's only 20 and will only get better... I hope Manchester United can sign him this summer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.