Manchester United Talk banner

We missed Rooney to drive the team foward.

744 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  sweet fa 
#1 ·
Im so happy we got the result today, but boy did we miss Rooney today.

No one really took the game to Villa today and I feel with the form Rooney has been on recently for
England we really missed him and you could see it in the team at times.

But that all changed when Macheda came on and gave us that spark.

Im just glad we got the three points.

Bring on Porto and Sunderland.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Yea, we really missed Rooney, also we missed Berbatov to i think, but when Rooney isn't playing United don't play there best and we saw that against Fulham 2 weeks ago, but saying that it is good to be able to win without him against a very good Villa side who tried hard, Rooney had been playing awsome for England so if he had of played against Villa i would of backed him to bag a couple.

Yep - Bring on Porto and Sunderland :):):):):):):)

#3 ·
We did miss Rooney today..!

But Thank God, Ronaldo got those 2 brillant goals even though he didn't play all that well:)

Thank God, SAF gambled and brought on Macheda..!:thumbsup:

Good News is that Rooney will be fit and raring to go against Porto on Tuesday:D

#10 ·
I think for the first half itself not only are we missing Rooney, i could say the same to all these players that were sidelined & most importantly we are missing a leader. With no offence to the two and to the fact that Gaz started off as a CB then his usual RB, i think both he and GIggsy are trying a little bit too hard until at a later stage where Gaz moved back to his original position.

Im proud of Ronaldo, actually he is the caused that make me not miss Rooney that much for this game, he stood up when he needed to and one of the players that look like really wanted to win this even from the start. If anything i am sure i miss both VIdic and Rio more than rooney tbh. Futhermore, i doubt we will be able to see Macheda having a go if Rooney were in the pitch :p

#11 ·
Macheda had a Rooney-esque effect today after being brought on, something I commented on yesterday. His youthfulness gave a new life to the team and those around him like Ronaldo and Tevez cuaght the fever. Helped push us forward, which was really needed at the time.

#12 ·
to get utd playing at their peak performance we need strikers who face their opponents and run at them causeing havoc around the box . rooney is definatly utds best option for this but rooney is either red hot or cold in his goalscoring ,berbatov is a good goalscorer but drifts in and out of games while tevez works hard but always seems to have his back towards goal and is easily utds weakest goal threat from all utds strikers in my opinion , tevez is not the goalscoring hero this team is looking for and i can see another class striker arriving during the summer and tevez departing .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.