Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think young Macheda should be given a bit of a run in the team,even now he looks bbetter that Tevez and Berbatov,he is an unknown quantity and could be our savior this season, if we don't shape up the scouses will win the league Barcelona the champions league and Chelski the fa cup,come on Fergie give youth a chance, Rooney played for Everton at 16.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I think young Macheda should be given a bit of a run in the team,even now he looks bbetter that Tevez and Berbatov,he is an unknown quantity and could be our savior this season, if we don't shape up the scouses will win the league Barcelona the champions league and Chelski the fa cup,come on Fergie give youth a chance, Rooney played for Everton at 16.
Macheda has been given a chance in the 1st team with his 2 substitute apperances..
Starting him in a game now would be a bit too early IMO.. Fergie knows this kid is a talent and he obviously wants to take his time with him.. Rushing him into a starting position would be a bit much for him now.. But hopefully we do get to see him more this season and get more time on the pitch.. Then next season he will have this experience that will develop him into a top player in the coming years..

What are you on about? Top of the table with a game in hand.. We are still winning games in the League when not playing all that well and we've a great chance of winning the FA Cup this year.. It's not Barca that I would we worried about winning the CL either..!

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
To be honest, we're not at our best this year, Tevez
was never anything special, Berbatov is nowhere to be
seen and Rooney was never a goalscorer.

Maybe Macheda's time has come.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
If Berbatov is fit, I would start him and Rooney upfront for the next match, and bring Macheda on as a sub again at some point. Probably use him as a sub against Everton in the cup aswell. Then, if he is okay mentally, maybe give him a start in the home league match against Portsmouth. Starting him for the first time in a must win away European match where the crowd will be hostile might be a little too much pressure for him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Macheda wont start but if we need goals then he will come off the bench at some point.
Fergie will start with the 2 or 3 of Rooney, Tevez and Berba (if fit).

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't see how playing him another few times this season will do him any harm. I don't see how bringing him on for 20minutes, or letting him have 90minutes in the first team will have any negative impact either. I think he has earned a shot.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Yeah maybe a Quarter Final is too much for a 17 year old
on his starting debut. Then again, who's to say he wouldn't
be just as effective.

I'd hate to be in Fergie's boots now, if we lose it will be his
fault for A. playing Macheda when he wasn't ready or B. not
letting Macheda come in when he should have.

Read the last paragraph more than once if it upsets you as
you may have misunderstood it.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Pretty risky to start him against Porto, in the situation we're in - thats when you expect your £30m strikers to do the business.

I'd love to see him start against Everton in the FA cup though

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Saying that Macheda has impressed with his 2 displays, 2 goals ratio more than both Berbatov and Tevez did the whole season, won`t be an overstatement. I won`t be surprised to see him in the lineup neihter ..

But, i think that at this stage of point we`d better stick with the Rooney - Berbatov partnership. They know better how to deal with pressure, apart from that they know each other very well .. more than like saying putting Macheda along with Rooney.
You have to take these things into consideration, you can`t see the world just because this lad has impressed. Oh yes, he has done things we should be impressed of - But let`s play it safe, if we`re then in an advanced stage of the game were we`re struggling to make it right, then we`ll consider that. But, you can`t risk it against Porto especially when we know how a goal can make the whole difference.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I wouldn't start Kiko at all until earliest next season. He's still very unproven. 2 goals isn't enough to warrant him a place over either Tevez or Berba!

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I wouldn't start Kiko at all until earliest next season. He's still very unproven. 2 goals isn't enough to warrant him a place over either Tevez or Berba!
Berbatov is among the best strikers in the world and
Tevez is a good player but when they're playing like
they have been doing as of recent and when Macheda's
just scored 2 goals and when we're looking for a win
where no other English team has ever won I think that
if we think that Macheda can give the desired effect,
even if it is maybe a bit too early, he should play.

·
23,699 Posts
Berbatov is among the best strikers in the world and
Tevez is a good player but when they're playing like
they have been doing as of recent and when Macheda's
just scored 2 goals and when we're looking for a win
where no other English team has ever won I think that
if we think that Macheda can give the desired effect,
even if it is maybe a bit too early, he should play.
Say what we like to be supportive and positive, Berbatov, after some initial promise, and Tevez, since start of the season, have been largely disappointing by the standards we expect from them. Facts. I do think Macheda's chance for a full debut will come sooner than later....

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Macheda will not be starting this game in a million years im sorry. Maybe he'll get a run out if were winning by alot or if its still nil nil but he will not start.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
this game has far too much importance attached to it , to risk starting macheda , the pressure will be immense and you need an experienced head out there.
the boy certainly has all the attributes of a top striker , but he needs time to find his feet in the team admittedly he has made a terrific impact lately but he needs to be eased in gently , we cant put too much pressure on the lad , if he had a shocker it could be detrimental to his growing confidence.
i would however give him 20-30mins if we are at 0-0 or one up given his ability to nick a goal.
To start the game i feel would be asking too much of him , we have to go with proven quality and experience.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
this game has far too much importance attached to it , to risk starting macheda , the pressure will be immense and you need an experienced head out there.
the boy certainly has all the attributes of a top striker , but he needs time to find his feet in the team admittedly he has made a terrific impact lately but he needs to be eased in gently , we cant put too much pressure on the lad , if he had a shocker it could be detrimental to his growing confidence.
i would however give him 20-30mins if we are at 0-0 or one up given his ability to nick a goal.
To start the game i feel would be asking too much of him , we have to go with proven quality and experience.
But that would be putting even more pressure on him.

If we start the game with experienced strikers and
are still 0-0 (or worse) at 60' and we send in Macheda
imagine how much pressure would be on him. If he starts
the match he'll feel a bit more calm, knowing that it's
not like the team is counting on him and that it's just
a reward for his recent form.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
But that would be putting even more pressure on him.

If we start the game with experienced strikers and
are still 0.0 (or worse) at 60' and we send in Macheda
imagine how much pressure would be on him. If he starts
the match he'll feel a bit more calm, knowing that it's
not like the team is counting on him and that it's just
a reward for his recent form.
I know what you mean , however im just fearful of pushing him too far.
i suppose either situation has its pro`s and cons , i would prefer to see him coming off the bench.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I think he should travel with the squad to Porto but be on the bench, IMO he isn't a starting player just yet, if we need another match winning goal then Fergie will bring him on, Fergie knows he is a great young talented footballer.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Macheda has been given a chance in the 1st team with his 2 substitute apperances..
Starting him in a game now would be a bit too early IMO.. Fergie knows this kid is a talent and he obviously wants to take his time with him.. Rushing him into a starting position would be a bit much for him now.. But hopefully we do get to see him more this season and get more time on the pitch.. Then next season he will have this experience that will develop him into a top player in the coming years..

What are you on about? Top of the table with a game in hand.. We are still winning games in the League when not playing all that well and we've a great chance of winning the FA Cup this year.. It's not Barca that I would we worried about winning the CL either..!
I agree with this.

And i'd be very surprised if Fergie were to start him in any of the upcoming games unless there's no choice due to injury.

We're gonna see Roonay and Tevez against Porto and Everton, but I fully expect to see Macheda coming off the bench during those games.

Like Shiven says though, Fergie will want to avoid putting too much pressure on the lad.

Although this marvellous prospect seems to take everything in his stride. What potential!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quote: If we start the game with experienced strikers and
are still 0-0 (or worse) at 60' and we send in Macheda
imagine how much pressure would be on him.

But that was exactly the situation in the crunch match against Villa and he did well. His debut too. I'll bet he is on as sub in the Porto game.
Also the psychology works the other way too: Porto will have heard of Macheda by now. Imagine if the game is tied and then he comes on with 20 mins to go. He could be the extra weapon that wins us the game. And so far he seems very composed in high stress games.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts