Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
strange title, but it sums up what i think we need to make us the best and most complete football team in the world.
im talking about someone like drogba, an athletic target man who ca play alone up top if games for example barcelona away, im talking about some one of adebayors physique, but having thought of this type of transfer target i cant think of anyone other than drogba or adebayor both of which is near impossible to buy as they play for our biggest title rivals, so can anyone think of this type of striker that is possible for us to buy ? (i know manucho is comming but he's unproven in europe so far :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fazman said:
No we dont need a beast at all thats not what united are about
i'd disagree, i know we're not a long ball team, thats not what im saying im just saying we need a striker that gives another option ? beacuse the games we've lost this year is because we have been bullied at times bolton, west ham to a degree man city and dropping points at times e.g blackburn if we had a target man maybe we would have got 3 points instead of 1 ...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
we do need a striker who can turn impossible situation into advantage for us, make something out of nothing, a straight forward, out and out striker. manucho so far sounds like a guy who can do the job for us.
kenwyne jones is a guy out in the market who can do fulfill this kind of role, and he has one year experience in premiership. but i doubt keane will ever let him go.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
He's called Wayne Rooney.

But unfortunately Fergie is a wimp in Europe and won't even give Rooney a chance.

How do you think Drogba or Adeybayor would fair on the right bloody wing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
ye thats all were missing a beast. not only would this be great as he would be strong, good in the air but rooney and tevez now won't be asked to play as the main striker.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
We dont need a beast.Thats not the United way.We play fine without using Chelsea's route 1 football by hoofing it to Drogba and let him bring other players into the game

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well maybe that is why Fergie experimented with the Manucho buy? Maybe he was thinking the same thing? We do not play that way but sometimes its nice to have the option of doing so but if it means we are going to play the brand of football we did at Barca I rather not have that option..but then again its better than seeing Rooney dying on the wings!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Dogba? Adebayor? Manucho?

Are you kidding?

If you're looking for a beast, there can only be one serous cntender

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i agree 100% utd desperatly needs a striker who can bully defenders hold the ball up and who will score about 20 a season in all competitions,if we get this type of player rooney will be very much improved and will use his magic to cause havoc ,this type of striker would also suit tevez who excells at being a fox in the box.
i know manucho is on his way but he could be anything ,the player that has caught my eye many times this season is kenwyn jones who has caused most defences with problems when sunderland have managed to supply him,this chap is a handful and will be on his way to a big club this summer.
some might say this type of player is not classy enough for utd but where utd will benifit is rooney and ronaldo will receive far more of the ball in or around the penalty area against the top sides, with a beast of a striker to bully the opponents defenders,also rooney or tevez are not out an out strikers more of opportunist strikers really ,they will both benifit immensly playing with a beast.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
fazman said:
No we dont need a beast at all thats not what united are about

well i hope you have just watched the toothless first half against chelsea,or even the barcelona game where utd created very little ,utd need a powerful striker to win posession against these decent sides or we will not see this promising team flourish.our only hope against chelsea is to get ronaldo and tevez on and play with 2 strikers we could get a result if its done early.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
point proved im afraid, nothing stuck up-front the whole game just kept on comming back at us

·
23,699 Posts
Having a beastly striker or not, I think what we really need urgently is to find back our self-belief. The self-belief that we are the best in the business and that we can beat anybody we play at wherever. Playing for a draw or just turning up trying to avoid defeat is so negative and damned wrong. How can negativity pays????!!!! In fact, it punishes more than it pays.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
much better second half display but at what cost ,young rooney was injured in the blackburn game last week and when i said on here that he was a doubt for the barca tie ,i was quickly shot down by a number of guys on here , well he struggled to make any contribution in the barca game and was struggling long
before he scored today .
and i don't think tevez is anywhere near 100% fit either ,this should have been a stroll to the title now its a struggle ,come on ronaldo lead us to glory we need you more than ever in the next 3 games.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Nikola Zigic could be leaving Valencia, he would be perfect for us as the plan B but only for a decent price as he is late 20's. Gomez would be the ideal signing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts