Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are gonna be stuck with Tevez, who is similar to Rooney (prob a bit better to be honest, but we need more of a poacher like, ugh, Torres).

SAF has fecked up and committed too much of his budget to unproven players like Nani and Anderson ... but we have completely wasted £17m on Hargreaves (amazing how a few decent games in a failed world cup attempt can bump your value up so much) - this money should have been put towards Torres, which would have prevented the scouse b*stards from signing him too. They needed a poacher and now they have got one.

Sorry, but let's be a bit real - Chelsea and Liverpool are gonna be breathing down our necks next season, and with the signing of Torres I think we all know where the serious challenge will be coming from next season.

Here's hoping Saha stays fit!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I dont think SAF has fecked up as you put it. Far from it. He knows exactly what he's doing and he has seen the huge potential in Nani and Anderson. Hargreaves is a great buy. The protection he will offer the defence will allow the rest of the team to run riot.
Anyway Torres didn't have a great season last year. It might take him a while to adjust like Shevchenko.
I cant understand why you're being so pessimistic manure. The future looks bright and most of us fans havent been this excited in years. Whoever else Pool or Chelsea get this summer is irrelevant. Lets just concentrate on us. We have easily made the best summer signings by far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with Jazz, we've got some good players in this summer. Hargreaves will prove to be a great signing I'm sure and Nani and Anderson may need a year or two to adapt and fullfil their potential but as they are both so young it doesn't matter.

As for Torres, if I were to buy an out and out striker for £25mil+ and £90,000 a week I'd want a player who scores at least one goal every two games on average, which he hasn't. He has 91 goals in 243 games for Atletico Madrid and 14 in 40 for Spain, which isn't a bad return but not worthy of so much money in my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey_dave! said:
I agree with Jazz, we've got some good players in this summer. Hargreaves will prove to be a great signing I'm sure and Nani and Anderson may need a year or two to adapt and fullfil their potential but as they are both so young it doesn't matter.

As for Torres, if I were to buy an out and out striker for £25mil+ and £90,000 a week I'd want a player who scores at least one goal every two games on average, which he hasn't. He has 91 goals in 243 games for Atletico Madrid and 14 in 40 for Spain, which isn't a bad return but not worthy of so much money in my opinion.
Let's be real, how many has Rooney has scored in comparison to Torres last season?

Also, Torres played out on the left wing last season and still got 14 goals and 6 assists. Let's not delude ourselves - we need a Torres, not overpriced unknowns like Nani and Nana and Grandma and whoever the fcuk else! Just telling it as it is ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hargreaves will fail. Anderson will catch a cold and go back home. And Nani will get mugged in Mosside.
Torres will be top goalscorer next season. Rooney will finish the season on 5 goals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have heard from a very good insider that we have agreed to sell Ronaldo to Real for £25 million.
After SAF had a falling out with Ronaldo, at the end of last season. Supposedly SAF called Ronaldo do gay, but Cristiano took the joke the wrong way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
manure2007 said:
Let's be real, how many has Rooney has scored in comparison to Torres last season?

Also, Torres played out on the left wing last season and still got 14 goals and 6 assists. Let's not delude ourselves - we need a Torres, not overpriced unknowns like Nani and Nana and Grandma and whoever the fcuk else! Just telling it as it is ...
Are you even a UTD fan??? u complete moron.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Some good points from Dave and Jazz as usual, But as for the rest of the complete rubbish on this thread....I havnt heard so much shite in ages.

And as for Scott, You're not cool mate, your obviously a stupid, jealous Liverpool/city or chelsea fan, so just F**k off.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
manure2007 said:
We are gonna be stuck with Tevez, who is similar to Rooney (prob a bit better to be honest, but we need more of a poacher like, ugh, Torres).

SAF has fecked up and committed too much of his budget to unproven players like Nani and Anderson ... but we have completely wasted £17m on Hargreaves (amazing how a few decent games in a failed world cup attempt can bump your value up so much) - this money should have been put towards Torres, which would have prevented the scouse b*stards from signing him too. They needed a poacher and now they have got one.

Sorry, but let's be a bit real - Chelsea and Liverpool are gonna be breathing down our necks next season, and with the signing of Torres I think we all know where the serious challenge will be coming from next season.

Worst post ever. Sorry, but Liverpool are not going to steal a march on us. They don;t have the quality out wide to provide for Fernando. We do need a poacher yes, but Chelsea are still our main threat. Liverpool will always be up there, but so far 1 signing(if it is completed) will not change their team. Are you a closet Liverpool fan? We WONT get Tevez, I just cannot see that happening to be honest. Our midfield is 'pwnage', better than Liverpools and in my view stronger than Chelseas. We have Rooney who is a provider and a scorer, we are just lacking a poacher yes, you're correct there, but Liverpool will NOT be challenging for the EPL title. UNLESS they sign someone of giggs or ronaldo's class on the wing - both wings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I dont understnad how people can turn around and say Hargreaves will flop he had not been givin anything to him in football...he ahd to do it the hard way and win people over and deserves all he got. Also he will shine next seaosn, he will be a rock and fans fav. 2 youngsters i wont b expecitn word class seasons, they still youn. buh we will get momnets of magic form them and seeing them bof on international duty, there respected teams try to use them as much as possible which is a good sign.

Torres...i wuda loved to hav him an Utd. Fact eh did hav a rele poo seaosn last season...buh mayb bcz he was so set on a move to ut last season he neva got it so it messd him up. HErd tht sumwhere before exactly Henry...even the gr8 man said he was set on moving to barca last eyar and spilt his mood for the whole season.
Torres will now be moving into a team with more stars then atletico so he will hav chances created for him in sted of having to do most of it himelf.
Torres will go to Liverpool and i hope he shines...dudes a dood player...n mkes for a beta viewin for us fans.

Tevez aswel i am kinda lyk :S bcz it says only we n arsenal left in for him...buh he ahs come out and said he wud luv a move to Real Madrid...Or Arsenal...so we r the tam he will only move to if he cnt get a miove to those 2 clubs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
liverpool said:
shame well you cant do anything about it we have him why would he want to go to manc land anyway
hed prefer to come to a beautiful flowing attacking team like united than go to a boring, negative over tactical bunch of car jackers like you lot(just kiddin)
youre gonna need a few more though

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ajant said:
Worst post ever. Sorry, but Liverpool are not going to steal a march on us. They don;t have the quality out wide to provide for Fernando. We do need a poacher yes, but Chelsea are still our main threat. Liverpool will always be up there, but so far 1 signing(if it is completed) will not change their team. Are you a closet Liverpool fan? We WONT get Tevez, I just cannot see that happening to be honest. Our midfield is 'pwnage', better than Liverpools and in my view stronger than Chelseas. We have Rooney who is a provider and a scorer, we are just lacking a poacher yes, you're correct there, but Liverpool will NOT be challenging for the EPL title. UNLESS they sign someone of giggs or ronaldo's class on the wing - both wings.
why does every1 say we need a poacher rvn was a poacher and we didnt need him last season with the goals we scored, were gonna score more from midfield with the extra talent weve bought-and hopefully the nearly 4gotten man rooney is gonna have a more sparkling season(even though he scored 23 this)

·
Registered
265 Posts
MuX said:
I dont understnad how people can turn around and say Hargreaves will flop he had not been givin anything to him in football...he ahd to do it the hard way and win people over and deserves all he got. Also he will shine next seaosn, he will be a rock and fans fav. 2 youngsters i wont b expecitn word class seasons, they still youn. buh we will get momnets of magic form them and seeing them bof on international duty, there respected teams try to use them as much as possible which is a good sign.

Torres...i wuda loved to hav him an Utd. Fact eh did hav a rele poo seaosn last season...buh mayb bcz he was so set on a move to ut last season he neva got it so it messd him up. HErd tht sumwhere before exactly Henry...even the gr8 man said he was set on moving to barca last eyar and spilt his mood for the whole season.
Torres will now be moving into a team with more stars then atletico so he will hav chances created for him in sted of having to do most of it himelf.
Torres will go to Liverpool and i hope he shines...dudes a dood player...n mkes for a beta viewin for us fans.

Tevez aswel i am kinda lyk :S bcz it says only we n arsenal left in for him...buh he ahs come out and said he wud luv a move to Real Madrid...Or Arsenal...so we r the tam he will only move to if he cnt get a miove to those 2 clubs.
that was slow and painful to read and ultimately inane and unfulfilling bit like a bad relationship. stop over abreviating. wld b gd 2 get tvz but not 4 £30-40 mil all the bst strikrs cost 27 plus, we shld jst spend sme money on beefing guiseppy rossi up. 50 whole chooks and an intense regime in the gym shld do it! (no electrodes to the testicles):eek:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Well maybe not a poacher as such, but someone else who can score goals regularly, someone who is gauranteed to score more than say a Saha or Smith would a season ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys don't fret we have got Nani and Anderson for the future, you saw how United fell off in Europe and Sir Alex knowing that has got Hargreaves, Torress even though is a hot propect isn't good enough 91 goals in 214 app is certainly not a good stat we still have a lot of time for the transfer window to close and am sure Sir Alex will buy a striker, am hoping for Huntelaar a player who i consider not only better than torres but also David Villa so there is still time......Liverpool cannot be on top just because they got torres

·
Registered
27 Posts

Tevez better than rooney? I don't think so

·
Registered
125 Posts
Torres is so overrated ! His scoring record is terrible, even Rooney has a better goals to game ratio, and people say he doesn't' score enough goals ! The media have hyped Torres up,and I'm so relieved we didn't sign him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.