Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
forzaunited said:
owen???? are u ****ing joking.... OVERRATED PEICE OF ****MUCK

let me open your precious little minds..... alexandre pato..
Milan would not even consider letting pato go right now and he is far more overrated than torres.

All the signs point to Benzema at the moment, class act and will become brilliant. Cheaper options Owen and Ibesivic but theres a question marks over both.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Richie said:
Milan would not even consider letting pato go right now and he is far more overrated than torres.

All the signs point to Benzema at the moment, class act and will become brilliant. Cheaper options Owen and Ibesivic but theres a question marks over both.
its stil possible????? why cant we try???? :eek: benzema would rather play in spain mate than anywhere or stay in french league..... torress overrated? stay of the weed seariously

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Nothing wrong with saying Torres is overrated, some people say Ronaldo is overrated, and to some extent, both are. It happens once you become all-world.

Dammit, now Ronaldo is another thread. The boy must really go. Taking over everything, what a punk. I hate his attitude.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
"We still need a goalscorer"

We have a player in the squad who scored 42 goals last season, I think thats classed as a decent a,ount of goalscoring. The goalscorer we need we have, Berbatov will start banging them in soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think such talk is reactionary to be honest, I mean it's 3 months in with Berbatov who has 6 assists, 6 goals all in 14 starts and one sub appearence...not bad eh? plus Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez have their fair share already and will get more.

I understand the supposed preference for a Torres like figure, but that would upset the fluid Brazil 1970-esque nature of the current team. So, chill, we'll be fine.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Kyle1982 said:
I think such talk is reactionary to be honest, I mean it's 3 months in with Berbatov who has 6 assists, 6 goals all in 14 starts and one sub appearence...not bad eh? plus Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez have their fair share already and will get more.

I understand the supposed preference for a Torres like figure, but that would upset the fluid Brazil 1970-esque nature of the current team. So, chill, we'll be fine.
Good call Kyle lol. We have so many strikers, and brilliant ones at that. We'll be fine ;)

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
forzaunited said:
its stil possible????? why cant we try???? :eek: benzema would rather play in spain mate than anywhere or stay in french league..... torress overrated? stay of the weed seariously
hold on, i thought you were the one saying torres is overrated and i was saying hes not

:s :S :S

also yes benzema would prefer spain, but also would consider united and could definately be persuaded to join up with rooney n ronaldo n co

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
forzaunited said:

haha **** sorry i just read it properly u were talking about owen not torres! haha i take it all back my mistake!

sorry mate!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Richie said:
Milan would not even consider letting Pato go right now and he is far more overrated than Torres.
I don't think Pato is over rated. He definitely has the potential to become a prolific striker. Needs more time & polishing though. :)

Benzema looks the best for me. However I think Bojan is going to become the next big thing in football given a few years to grow.

Not that he'd ever leave Barcelona, at least not in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Justice said:
Idiots, we need to sort out our stikers mentalities. I assure you that once Ronaldo, Rooney and Berbatov get their heads screwed on properly, goals will flow.
True, but the quality of the service has to be improved. We haven't had any conviction in are passing as of late, which has lead to issues in the finishing department. Hopefully Scholes' return will improve our conviction, and clinical-ness, if that's even a word.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
thats 8 goals from 9 away games in the premiership according to the radio , in all honesty its blooming awful .
we started the season in a strong position in our striking department , but 3 of the strikers seem to drop deep in most games they play and can't get a scoring run going , while manucho can't seem to get a game ?
i really thought utd would push on this season and confirm to everybody we are the best but we have been very disapointing so far and the strikers have been the worst .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think todays game proved really we need a goal scorer who scores when we're struggling to break teams down. If we're ever going to have success like 99 again we need someone who will do that, how many times did Solskjaer come off the bench in games like today and grab a late goal? Cole, Yorke and Sheringham all also had that ability to different extents aswell.

Benzema, Villa, Ibesevic and (I'm undecided on this one) Michael Owen all potential options.

Maybe some creative players who just keep going and going if their team are not winning until the final whistle would be good.. Ribery is the only one who springs to mind off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yet another woefull display up front, when you pay £30 odd million for a striker you expect him to add something to our game, but all in my opinion Berbatov does especially away from home is slow our game down, yes a few nice flicks and tricks are occasionally easy on the eye from Berbatov but to be honest you expect more dont you. The United faithful that go every week will tell you something very similar, what we needed was an Eto'o type of player who will take the defender the other way and try and get in beheind instead of coming towards the all the time. The point is we wont win the title if this continues, not even the brilliance of Ronaldo can get us out of this lull at the moment, i for one an pretty worried.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
what we needed was an Eto'o type of player
I absolutely agree.

At the time when we were debating what striker we would like, I said that we should have signed an Eto'o type of striker preferably, or a goalscorer, like a RVN.

I would like Manucho to get a chance as he could be a striker who could add a lot to our game. But if we signed Owen, for example, I'd be delighted about it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
manutd004 said:
I absolutely agree.

At the time when we were debating what striker we would like, I said that we should have signed an Eto'o type of striker preferably, or a goalscorer, like a RVN.

I would like Manucho to get a chance as he could be a striker who could add a lot to our game. But if we signed Owen, for example, I'd be delighted about it.
We send 4 strikers over to Japan and Manucho isnt one of them... Is that telling us what we have to expect from him?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts