Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We dont have an out and out striker with devastating pace.

unless of course we use Ronaldo down the middle, but if we use him there, he seems wasted because he can score from anywhere on the pitch and creates more from the wings.

I did not believe the speculation 12months ago that we were after Berbatov, because we already had 2 strikers (rooney and tevez) who come deep and dont have real pace and like to sit behind the main striker.

Now we have 3 like that ?

Berbatov recently reminds me of Frank Lampard he does a few nice passes in midfield than arrives late in the box and stands around waitinf for someone to put it on a plate for him.

Fergie brought Ronaldo inside today against Everton, we do not have that striking option.

Berbatov in my opinion is too much of a luxury in the modern game, i dread to think of him a nd Carrick in the same team against real good opposition.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You just made a thread saying Manucho wouldnt get games cos of the strikers we have
and now you are saying we need another one?:confused:

We dont need a striker whatsoever. Why cant people be happy with what we have?

Tevez
Rooney
Berbatov
Manucho
Wellbeck
Campbell

plus youngsters like Macheda etc..

We have loads of strikers.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
what we need is manucho to get fit and in games like today where we seemed to get out battled , his physical prescence and power can make the difference for us if he is up to premiership class. i can't wait to see him in the first team he reminds me of dion dublin in his style and dion fitted in ok but was damned by injury .

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Campbell at Tottenham with option to buy !

Wellbeck and Manucho wont get chance!

We need another big money fast striker, which is exactly what we needed before we bought Berba.

Thats why fergie bid for Thiery Henry, but he knocked us back and that is a fact.

Jazz 16 said:
You just made a thread saying Manucho wouldnt get games cos of the strikers we have
and now you are saying we need another one?:confused:

We dont need a striker whatsoever. Why cant people be happy with what we have?

Tevez
Rooney
Berbatov
Manucho
Wellbeck
Campbell

plus youngsters like Macheda etc..

We have loads of strikers.

Z

·
0 Posts
Salford Lad said:

We need another big money fast striker, which is exactly what we needed before we bought Berba.

Thats why fergie bid for Thiery Henry, but he knocked us back and that is a fact.
What a load of rubbish. if it's 'fact', show me the proof.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i do think we needed that rvn type of player, but watching berba play, it has added a lot of different style to out game. Today we just didnt have that final delivery thats all, it just wasnt happening. Thats why rooney and berba didnt get any chances. The players will see this and will be ok.

·
23,699 Posts
We can't even get to see Manucho and Wellbeck in action in the first team due to Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez.

And we are already struggling to keep Tevez happy (he definitely does not look happy on the bench).

And we also can't seem to be able to put the Four Heavenly Kings together on the pitch.

Another big name player will only add to the permutations and complications.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Rooney doesn't have pace? alright then.

alright then.

So say we buy another £30m striker, what happens to your hilarious theory of the most expensive will play. Will Rooney be dropped because he's the cheapest?

we have a psychic on the forum!

this thread is retarded.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
we wont get another big developed striker at united. only get people up from reserves/youth team.

one dodgy result against everton and everyone is panicking and asking for new players. personally i thought this season would be tough as teams will be delighted to get a draw off us and make it difficult for us.

lets just hope tomorrow is a draw. was wanting a chelsea win to calm liverpool down a bit but now gotta think for ourselves.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Salford Lad said:

Are you some kind of idiot, if you really think we were ever going to sign Thierry Henry than you know nothing about football and I don't value your opinion. So its a fact that we bid for Henry is it, it was only the garbage scum papers like the Sun and News of the World that reported the Henry story, none of the reputable newspapers went near the story. The only reason Fergie didn't dismiss the Henry reports immediately is because he was trying to make Tottenham sweat over the Berba deal.

We have Tevez Rooney Berbatov Manucho Welbeck how many strikers do you want LOL. Yes the second half performance against Everton was poor but believe it or not a draw away at Everton is a decent result, the over reaction is ridiculous. People have to accept that the Premier League is now the most hard as nails league to win in Europe, the squad has to be pretty much perfect and you also need luck along the way. It is more than possible that we won't win the league this season, I would be delighted for Manchester United to just retain the Champions League trophy this season.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Are you some kind of idiot, if you really think we were ever going to sign Thierry Henry than you know nothing about football and I don't value your opinion. So its a fact that we bid for Henry is it, it was only the garbage scum papers like the Sun and News of the World that reported the Henry story, none of the reputable newspapers went near the story. The only reason Fergie didn't dismiss the Henry reports immediately is because he was trying to make Tottenham sweat over the Berba deal.

We have Tevez Rooney Berbatov Manucho Welbeck how many strikers do you want LOL. Yes the second half performance against Everton was poor but believe it or not a draw away at Everton is a decent result, the over reaction is ridiculous. People have to accept that the Premier League is now the most hard as nails league to win in Europe, the squad has to be pretty much perfect and you also need luck along the way. It is more than possible that we won't win the league this season, I would be delighted for Manchester United to just retain the Champions League trophy this season.

i agree with that we have enough strikers but winning trophies, i think we can win all. Your right about the pl being the hardest leaugue, and the league is getting harder every season, thats why i think second half of the season will be our advantage becuase of the strength of our squad, i think the other top three will find it difficult against the other teams

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
retarded thread.
we have possibly the strongest and most feared strike force in world football, and your calling for a "big money striker" get a grip, did you even think about where this new striker would fit in?

its just plain bloody stupid..

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ask Fred Done from Betfred bookmakers, he told me personally you muppet!

Yu live in London, what do you know about Man Utd and infact what do you know about anything.

you are a 19yr old adolescent kid

Grow up and then come back and talk

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Ask Fred Done from Betfred bookmakers, he told me personally you muppet!

Yu live in London, what do you know about Man Utd and infact what do you know about anything.

you are a 19yr old adolescent kid

Grow up and then come back and talk
Yeah cos if you were not born in the shadows of Old Trafford, you couldnt possibly be a united fan.

Read back what u typed and realise how much of retard you sound

·
Registered
61 Posts
We dont need another big money striker. We drew to Everton away.... Utd dont have a divine right to win you muppets!!! be happy for what we have...we are champions of england and europe ffs...enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Salford Lad, if you cannot debate with intellect, do not result to insults.

The last thing we need is another big money striker.

Since you seem to be from Manchester, aren't you worried about the club;s financial situation?

You ARE aware that the Glazers have saddled the club with more than 600million pounds worth of debt.

That's a lot of money.

This thread appears to me to be a very reactive thread to a start-stop season so far.

Since you are such a self-proclaimed expert on football and Manchester United, do you REALLY think that spending another 30 million pounds when we have
Wayne Rooney
Dimitar Berbatov
Carlos Tevez
Manucho
Denny Wellback

is really a smart move?

Plus we have Campbell and Brandy out on loan.
Now Manucho might or might not be the next Adebayor, but in Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez we already have three world-class strikers and Tevez is already grumpy, so adding a fourth big money signing will have averse reactions and not help the club.

We have not even seen Manucho apart for a few minutes against Boro in the LC and in the reserves and already you are calling for another big signing.

Even if we were to sign my favourite striker Karim Benzema it would NOT solve our problems, because our current problems are in midfield and you can have the best striker, but if you can't get him the ball and create space for him, he's not going to score.

The problem is that Carrick, Scholes and Hargreaves are injured and Anderson did not start against Everton. That's the problem.

Games are lost and won in midfield and when Carrick and co are back we will look in much better shape.

You say that you dread to think of Carrick and Berba in the same team, just wait ill Carrick is back and be prepared to eat humble pie.

As we were informed by a Bulgarian member on this site by the nick of "Zoran Zlatanov", Berbatov announced to the Bulgarian press that he has been asked to play in a deeper role so that his team mates get used to him and how to pass to him, so he is dropping that deep under orders.

(BTW, I just called Sir Alex Ferguson and he denies we made any bid for Henry :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Banana-rama said:

That was my prediction before the season started and i still stick by it ,back to the original point we have more than enough strikers on the books at the mmoment which is fantastic to see .
rooney and tevez are both pacy along with ronaldo flying down the middle , on the whole our forward line berbatov aside is very quick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts