Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
You just made a thread saying Manucho wouldnt get games cos of the strikers we have
and now you are saying we need another one?:confused:

We dont need a striker whatsoever. Why cant people be happy with what we have?

Tevez
Rooney
Berbatov
Manucho
Wellbeck
Campbell

plus youngsters like Macheda etc..

We have loads of strikers.
right.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Another striker? - OK, I've got an idea - let's just buy every player available and we'll eventually come up with a winning formula in twenty years or so! :confused:

Although the original intent of this thread is ridiculous, as many of you have said,
it has given me cause to think (yes, very dangerous moondog!) about what is actually happening on and off the pitch.

On - United seem to be in the process of redefining the attacking identity. either consciously or subconsciously. The presence of Berbatov is causing us to refocus many of our attacks to the middle of the pitch rather than the wings, where we have had most of our success in the last two seasons. As well, where last season everything seemed to go through cr, that also seems to be changing.

These are major alterations for any team to undergo, especially one with United's pedigree - and we are struggling. It will come, but it will take some time. (hence my 'transitional season' thinking).

Off - Ronaldo, Berbatov, Tevez - it has been a circus ever since we won in Moscow and it has still not settled. These sagas have not had a positive effect on team morale and momentum. Ronaldo has just committed his short term career to United, can we or his teammates believe him? The Tevez situation is still up in the air, he can not be happy with his status as super-sub....

We will have to wait to see how this all plays out.

As for me, I would continue to put out very strong teams for our Carling and FA cup ties.

A trophy is a trophy.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Campbell at Tottenham with option to buy !

Wellbeck and Manucho wont get chance!

We need another big money fast striker, which is exactly what we needed before we bought Berba.

Thats why fergie bid for Thiery Henry, but he knocked us back and that is a fact.

Ok. Campbell might be bought by the spurs, but we have dimi, wazza and tevez plus manucho. I think manucho is a late developer and he'll be good as a sub for these three guys. Maybe he'll need some time to settle, but i think he'll do just fine. That's four strikers plus the young wellbeck. Don't agree about buying henry.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Ask Fred Done from Betfred bookmakers, he told me personally you muppet!

Yu live in London, what do you know about Man Utd and infact what do you know about anything.

you are a 19yr old adolescent kid

Grow up and then come back and talk
You do realise that you have just insulted every Manchester United supporter and member of this forum that doesn't live in Manchester don't you. You don't complain about having players in the squad from Brazil Portugal Argentina Holland France Serbia Bulgaria Angola and South Korea but you think it is wrong to have Manchester United supporters from London LOL. How would a bookmakers know about what players Manchester United are trying to sign, do you think Sir Alex spoke to Fred Done on the telephone and told them we were bidding for Henry. Let me make this crystal clear for you, THERE WAS NEVER ANY POSSIBILITY OF US SIGNING THIERRY HENRY. As I have already pointed out none of the respectable papers reported the story, only tripe papers like the Sun who print lies 7 days a week.

Tevez Rooney Berbatov Manucho Welbeck plus Ronaldo can also play up front, how can you possibly be unhappy with that. You are clearly a spoilt fan who doesn't appreciate our recent achievements or our amazing squad of players. You also don't rate Carrick who is our most influential central midfielder with the exception of Scholes, I think it is your footballing knowledge that should be called into question my friend.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts