Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many have suggested Huntelaar as a possible signing, but I don't think it is a possibility. Man Utd have developed a way of playing where all four attackers are versatile and creative, it is all about movement and team work. There is no longer room for a player in our team who's only role is to put the ball in the net. Even Manucho who will be with us next season also plays as a left winger, he is not just a striker. The perfect player for us would be Jeremy Menez, he is natural on the left, on the right or as the main striker. He would fit into the team perfectly and would not be very expensive. Fabio Quagliarella is a great alternative, and I may get slated for mentioning a player on loan at city but I think Nery Castillo is a fantastic player who would also be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
But Ruud was a hit at the putting the ball behind the net role..Huntelaar can be that sort of player like Ruud was and Tevez and Rooney can drop down as the second striker...Manucho can also be the target man where again Rooney and Tevez play as the second striker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
RussianArmy said:
Many have suggested Huntelaar as a possible signing, but I don't think it is a possibility. Man Utd have developed a way of playing where all four attackers are versatile and creative, it is all about movement and team work. There is no longer room for a player in our team who's only role is to put the ball in the net. Even Manucho who will be with us next season also plays as a left winger, he is not just a striker. The perfect player for us would be Jeremy Menez, he is natural on the left, on the right or as the main striker. He would fit into the team perfectly and would not be very expensive. Fabio Quagliarella is a great alternative, and I may get slated for mentioning a player on loan at city but I think Nery Castillo is a fantastic player who would also be perfect.
i will like us to sign him cos he's got wat our other strikers dont ve and thats the striker's touch.someone that is tall and that we can make our target man.For christ sake this is someone who has scored 20+ goals in a two consecutive season for ajax what else do we need to know that he would be a good buy. Apart from who other player has 15 goal in our team but this is someone that can score atlest 20+ for us why can we go for him now. i will want us to discuss this in this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
RVN was a great player for us and that kind of formation worked for us....and huntelaar is a copy of RVN...so why not??? i think we can buy huntelaar..and we also need a goal poacher like him in our team...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Yes i understand this view but ive said this all along WE NEED AN OUT AND OUT striker.
To erradicate the crappy results were we almost draw against Derby etc. We played well when we had Ruud and wih a hitman up front would be very good !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
i think huntelaar doesn't won to play in england, instead he wants either in italy or spain...

another alternative would be villa (valencia), jo (cska), fletcher (hibs)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
sparkic said:
But Ruud was a hit at the putting the ball behind the net role..Huntelaar can be that sort of player like Ruud was and Tevez and Rooney can drop down as the second striker...Manucho can also be the target man where again Rooney and Tevez play as the second striker
Exactly...if a striker is gonna be putting the ball into the net the formation will be made to suit him. Teams have to change their ways of playing with time, they have to adapt, so I really don't see any problems with a natural goalscorer joining our team.

phildione3 said:
i will like us to sign him cos he's got wat our other strikers dont ve and thats the striker's touch.someone that is tall and that we can make our target man.For christ sake this is someone who has scored 20+ goals in a two consecutive season for ajax what else do we need to know that he would be a good buy. Apart from who other player has 15 goal in our team but this is someone that can score atlest 20+ for us why can we go for him now. i will want us to discuss this in this forum.
Kezman scored 20+, even 30+ a season for PSV, Kuyt scored 20+ for Feyenoord as well...Even Vennegoor of Hasselink had a season or 2 of 20+ goals for PSV. It's the Dutch league, mate. I'm not saying that Huntelaar is a bad player or that he'll have trouble scoring as many goals if he signs for a world-class club, but I AM saying that you're getting a bit overexcited. Eredivisie is no Premier League.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
nery castillo no go mate once he wore the blue we dont want to know only works the other way when our players careers are on the decline as for a striker i wouldnt mind berbatov as ive been saying for the last year but also id like to bring back rossi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
I do not see why a classic number 9 centre forward cannot learn to move more and be part of an attacking chain. The problem with RVN was that he couldn't be arsed to learn and run his butt off.

Plus having a classic number 9 striker means we don't always have to play the way we play. We could mix things up and use different tactis, which would also make it harder for teams to make tactical plans against us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Id take David Villa deifnitely as well, i think it is inevitable we will buy a striker in the soummer even if it is only cover.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top