Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Arsenal defeat (where fergie seemed to really go for the win) we seemed to go for a "we will not concede" approach that took us on that amazing run. It came to an end v Liverpool where I think we have now learnt the opposite message ( ie - do not sit back and allow the opposition to play). I think now we will get the balance right and return even stronger than before.

Vidic will head the ball away more often and do the simple things against top strikers (surely he has learnt his lesson now and realises he is not Maldini) , Evra will stay on his feet more , and our midfield will learn how to compete and speed and tempo will return to our passing.

The image of Dossena scoring that goal will be etched on the memory for a long time and drive this team on. Despite some of my other posts I'm very hopeful and very positive. If we can learn the lessons of that game then we will be fine. The players will learn to ignore the press and keep their mouths shut.:thumbsup:

We will return and we will prevail. The lessons will be learnt as they were before. The 1-4 result has cost the others any chance of the title. Hunger and ruthlessness is what I'm now looking for.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
After the Arsenal defeat (where fergie seemed to really go for the win) we seemed to go for a "we will not concede" approach that took us on that amazing run. It came to an end v Liverpool where I think we have now learnt the opposite message ( ie - do not sit back and allow the opposition to play). I think now we will get the balance right and return even stronger than before.

Vidic will head the ball away more often and do the simple things against top strikers (surely he has learnt his lesson now and realises he is not Maldini) , Evra will stay on his feet more , and our midfield will learn how to compete and speed and tempo will return to our passing.

The image of Dossena scoring that goal will be etched on the memory for a long time and drive this team on. Despite some of my other posts I'm very hopeful and very positive. If we can learn the lessons of that game then we will be fine. The players will learn to ignore the press and keep their mouths shut.:thumbsup:

We will return and we will prevail. The lessons will be learnt as they were before. The 1-4 result has cost the others any chance of the title. Hunger and ruthlessness is what I'm now looking for.
Firstly, "we will return". What the hell are you going on about? We haven't gone anywhere, and one defeat doesn't mean a crisis. If the score was 2-1 to Liverpool, then half of these threads wouldn't even be here. Then again, knowing this forum, every defeat it's the end of the world. **** knows what you would have been like in the seventies.

The 4-1 result flattered Liverpool. We couldn't do anything for the 3rd goal, and then we pratically gave up.

Vidic will head the ball away more often and do the simple things against top strikers (surely he has learnt his lesson now and realises he is not Maldini)

You seem to be angry with Vidic. He doesn't think he's Maldini, and we all know he is a fantastic, world class centre half. He has kept us in, and won us, so many games this season, so be grateful instead of turning on him.

our midfield will learn how to compete and speed and tempo will return to our passing.

We had the wrong midfield out there. Should have been Fletcher out there, would ahve added some grit to the midfield and therefore we would have had more control over it. **** knows why Anderson was anywhere near the side that day.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i truly believe the defeat is a blessing in disguise. we would realise we are not unbeatable. we will have to work our socks off to get the right result.

·
23,699 Posts
Vidic will head the ball away more often and do the simple things against top strikers (surely he has learnt his lesson now and realises he is not Maldini)

You seem to be angry with Vidic. He doesn't think he's Maldini, and we all know he is a fantastic, world class centre half. He has kept us in, and won us, so many games this season, so be grateful instead of turning on him.
Think we all should be at least crossed with Vidic for that game. No reason not to unless our loyalty lies more with the player than the club.

·
Registered
616 Posts
it was City last season that did the double on us and we went on to win the league and i think ditto for this season,we will go on and win the league,if chelski do the double on us next season and we go on and win the league again,i will be more than happy....:first::thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
we need to forget the scoreline and remember it was a loss and as painful as it was it wont change a thing in regards to us winning the league its still ours to throw way even if we had beaten them ,though i have to admit i was surprised to see an out of form anderson play instead fletcher, other than that no excuses

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
the important thing here is that the team pick themselves up and go out and win by any means necessary on saturday against fulham. naturally it was a big knock to their confidence and pride, but the next games performance will show how much it has affected them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts