Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across an article on Goal that said Fergie's dropped Welbeck back to the reserves for being a bit too arrogant.

Now obviously I take everything on Goal with a grain of salt. Heck I take it with the entire salt shaker but this sounds plausible.

Apparently when Welbeck scored against Derby his goal celebration where he stood imperiously staring at the crowd didn't go down well with SAF.

Fergie supposedly felt that Welbeck was getting a bit too big for his boots & decided to let him cool of in the reserves for a bit.

I mean it sounds plausible but I think it's a touch harsh. If it's true what do you guys think of Fergie's man management? ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Goal.com is an highly unreliable source. They come up with some of the most stupid rumours I've ever heard so there is no point in thinking about this subject till we have a reliable source confirming the same thing.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it may be goal.com but....i hope it it isn't true..and i hope Danny doesn't copy Mario Balotelli. He as well is a hot prospect and started to think he's a superstar as well, to soon.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Fergie's the greatest ever man-management manager. He kows what he's doing.

If it is true, then Fergie wouldn't have called Welbeck to his office and said "Danny, your acting a ****, I want you with the reserves for the next few weeks." He would have treated him a whole lot different.

Remember when he had an outburst at Giggs for partying with Lee Sharpe in his young days. And look at Giggsy now.

It doesn't mean Welbeck is leaving :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Who knows with these kind of stories?

It might be a total fabrication or tere might be anywhere from 1% to 100% truth in there.

Fergie does things for a reason and maybe it was just to give Dnny a full game for a change, so that he continues to improve since he is doing really well now, fergie robably didn't want to curtail this 'spurt' in improvement Welbeck is going through.

I don't think the celebrations are a problem.

This youngser is full of confidencem which is THE REASON why he can finish as cooly as he does.

If it comes with the package, I welcome it whole-heartedly.

Make no mistake, any of the three big name strikers would have been proud of that finish against derby.

You need skill, composure and confience to pull that of and Welbeck has it.
So if the confidence brims over from time to time that's fine by me.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
It's quite funny with the title saying "banished to the reserves".

He plays for them anyway, and we had 3 first team strikers for Fulham already playing.

LOAD OF SHIT

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
He's 18 and we have rooney berba and tevez currently vying for places ofcourse he'll be in the reserves for most of the season except cup games/cameo appearances. Goal.com in pure shit and i wouldn't read anything from there tbh lol

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
the thing is, its true....its in the sun today(i know the sun is quite bad itself)
Also its on manutd.com...read the article danny stays focused.
I did actuali laugh when he puffed his chest out thinkin 'hes a bit full of himself'...hes young he'll learn...hes a class striker too with a great touch.
Lets hope for more to come from the young striker

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
sean2689 said:
the thing is, its true....its in the sun today(i know the sun is quite bad itself)
Also its on manutd.com...read the article danny stays focused.
I did actuali laugh when he puffed his chest out thinkin 'hes a bit full of himself'...hes young he'll learn...hes a class striker too with a great touch.
Lets hope for more to come from the young striker
He is a reserve team player.

You really think the only football he gets is a ten-minute first team cameo once a month? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Boss: I didn't drop Danny

Sir Alex has rubbished claims 18-year-old striker Danny Welbeck was relegated to the Reserves for displaying too much arrogance when celebrating his FA Cup goal at Derby County.

What's more, the boss says United fans can expect to see the promising striker at Wembley next weekend.

Welbeck curled in United’s fourth during the Reds’ 4-1 win at Pride Park last weekend before standing, chest puffed out, in front of United’s travelling support.

Three days later, the Longsight-born lad found himself playing for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s second-string at Wigan, where he scored twice as the Reds roared back from 4-1 down to win 5-4.

“One newspaper [The Sun] said Danny was disciplined for his goal celebration at Derby,” Sir Alex told MUTV. “That’s absolute nonsense.”

Indeed, it would have been more surprising had Welbeck been involved in Sir Alex’s plans on Wednesday night. Dimitar Berbatov and Carlos Tevez were both due games after being rested at Pride Park, while Wayne Rooney returned from injury to sit on the bench.

With that in mind, it made perfect sense to give Welbeck a run-out in the Reserves.

“Danny needed football,” the boss said. “He came on against Derby and now he’s got a full game against Wigan's Reserves, where he scored two goals. He’ll be available for the Carling Cup final.”

Manutd.com

:)

·
Registered
773 Posts
SAF dismissed it.....He's the mastermind...He know what he's doing ?? It heard that a commentator said that Danny finishing touch reminding on how THierry Henry does...After seeing on how he perform on the pitch...He does look like Henry's work in the pitch.....

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
well to comment on the celebration : if i had just scored a goal like that for man united to be honest id celebrate like that, it was a cantona, herny-esk goal and he celebrated like that and i dont blame him for that just shows hes a talented youngster who's brimming with confidence and playing great football for a team he loves

and as for the bizarre article which i read via the sun : if this is what there printing as news at the moment you can see while the papers are in trouble.

as for welbeck : great prospect still got his work to do and his learning which he will do in the reserves and cup matches the only reason he was dropped was clearly cause he is needed there more than the first team at the moment seeing as we had our 3 main strikers fit, the lad needs minutes on a football pitch not a bench

simple as

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well that settles that. My love/hate relationship with Goal continues. They write a lot of utter tripe...

Yet they are the best footballing news site out there. I guess you just have to sift through the junk to find the gold.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts