Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
no we don't:D not yet...next season maybe, when Campbell will return..and we'll have 5 strikers..6 including Manucho:D

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Hard to tell Campbell has hardly played in the league with us and spurs and Welbeck has not played in the league to so its hard to tell

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
marty davidson said:
Hard to tell Campbell has hardly played in the league with us and spurs and Welbeck has not played in the league to so its hard to tell
So that wonder goal against Stoke was a figment of my imagination? I knew it was too good to be true. ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wellbeck looks more promising to me... beef him up in the gym and we might have a real find!

Campbell to me is a bit of a poor mans Tevez.. dont think he's going to be a great goalscorer but he works v hard for the team and is a v good player... just dont see him making it at OT!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
eoininho said:
Wellbeck looks more promising to me... beef him up in the gym and we might have a real find!

Campbell to me is a bit of a poor mans Tevez.. dont think he's going to be a great goalscorer but he works v hard for the team and is a v good player... just dont see him making it at OT!
I beg to differ.Campbell is known for his quality finishing.Just have a look at his time at Hull last year. I think he is identical in every way to J.Defoe. However I think there is too much comp at OT and he will eventually have to move on to find regular first team football

As for Welbeck, he's identical to Dwight Yorke, even wears no.19. However I am reserving my judgement on him as I haven't seen him play enough times for us or the reserves. I also needs to overcome his constant injury problems. Hope he starts against Derby.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Its a bit early for this as Campbell hasnt come back yet but I think how he performs for spurs will have a major impact on whether he stays with us .

At the moment despite a few good games we havent seen much of him . I would say that if a big offer came in the summer Fergie would snap it up .

As for Wellbeck the fact that Fergie has had him on the Bench 3 years ahead of what he did with Campbell says it all really .

The lad has been with the first team since he was 17 years of age not many break through like that and if they do it generally means they are top class .

Examples of the 17 year old club are

Wayne Rooney
Ronaldo
Bojan
Pato
Milner
Lennon
Messi
Raul
Giggs

I dont think I need to go on .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
But seriously..... isn't Welbeck better at 17 then Campbell was?
Think I saw some footage of Campbell at Antwerpen when he was 19 and Danny Welbeck looks on par with that level now, but he's still only 17.

Campbell is prem quality, but I would be very surprised if he ends up playing for one of the top 4 one day. He is super fast, but for me Welbeck has a better touch and has a frame that could fill out to be a beefy prem striker.

Am tipping Welbeck to make the grade at OT, whereas Campbell will be sold to a prem club in the summer with a first option clause in this contract ala Rossi :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
RedForceRising said:
But seriously..... isn't Welbeck better at 17 then Campbell was?
Think I saw some footage of Campbell at Antwerpen when he was 19 and Danny Welbeck looks on par with that level now, but he's still only 17.

Campbell is prem quality, but I would be very surprised if he ends up playing for one of the top 4 one day. He is super fast, but for me Welbeck has a better touch and has a frame that could fill out to be a beefy prem striker.

Am tipping Welbeck to make the grade at OT, whereas Campbell will be sold to a prem club in the summer with a first option clause in this contract ala Rossi :rolleyes:
18 actually;)

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i've said it many times, but it's my belief that campbell probably won't make the grade as a united quality striker, but i reckon he would fit the bill as a winger.

welbeck looks good if he beefs up a bit,and yes it speaks volumes that he was in the team at 17 :) i think that's a good sign

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Campbell didn't have the chance to prove himself
back in his days he could barely have the chance in the reserves
if Campbell is in the same age as Wellbeck and playing with us this season he would get the same chances as Wellbeck coz we are lacking strikers

comparing both players well then there is something difference in between
they both have dazzling pace but campbell depends on pace and movement more
while wellbeck depends more on his height and the position he is provided

for me i think they are both amazing in front of goal
i saw wellbeck more than i saw campbell and i saw brilliant chances for a 17 year old
while i only saw Campbell twice Ole's testimonial and versus newcastle
he scored great goal in the first one and in the second one he would have scored twice and got all of his chances on goal tho he showed misunderstanding with his teammate Wayne

both great prem class players but i can't decide which one better
coz both have different type of players

tho i prefer to have Wellbeck coz i always wanted to have a very own Kanu at United :)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RedAdam said:
i've said it many times, but it's my belief that campbell probably won't make the grade as a united quality striker, but i reckon he would fit the bill as a winger.

welbeck looks good if he beefs up a bit,and yes it speaks volumes that he was in the team at 17 :) i think that's a good sign
Great shout as i mentioned in the "our future 11" thread.

campbell has blistering pace and if his crosses are any good (provided an assist for Bent at Spurs) he could be converted to a right winger and be a handy player.

Can you post this on the official man united forum? Maybe fergie will see it ;)

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
In my opinion Welbeck is slightly better than campbell. He's 17 and already plays in the first team in those easy-games and I think he is more promising. But we should wait and see how campbell's loan at spurs will benefit him.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
RedAdam said:

Unforunately I agree there, really don't think he'll ever make it. Thats quite a good idea about the winger bit as well :p Campbell reminds me a bit like Agbonlahor he has great pace and is a quality finisher but apart from that he offers little. So if we had to keep one of these my vote would go to Welbeck he seems to be one of those strikers thats always in the right position and could become a United regular.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Wellbeck looks like the real deal, but I wouldn't throw Campbell over the side just yet. I've seen him 20 times or so now, and more often then not I've been impressed. He's fast, has great moves, can finish and the ball seems to follow him around - a hard to explain but very positive attribute.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Welbeck, he just always ALWAYS looks dangerous, plus he seems to have that ability to make goals out of nothing, like he did at Stoke.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i dont think niether welbeck nor cambell should be worth considering right now.
i agree that welbeck is a good striker and cambell could be used as a winger but that time is not now.
We still got Tevez, Rooney, and Berbatov to lead our offense.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts