Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im loving the developement over at eastlands.

good luck to them, i hope it raises the profile of manchester and becomes more desirable to the johny forigeners.

and this could finally push the scousers to have to ground share in order to compete for 3rd and 4th place in the league lol

how can they keep up with city and the repute £650 billion reputed worth of their new owners....................penny drops................oh **** how are we?????????:confused:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
City still have a long way to go before they can compete with United and Chelsea on the football pitch.

Rumours that the new owners want a top 4 finish this season and to win the Champions League within 3 years will put immense pressure on Mark Hughes.

They seem willing to spend vast sums of money to get what they want but Chelsea have proved that even then success is not guaranteed...especially with United around :D

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
They won't be anywhere near the top 4 this season.

Robinho doesn't make an average team great.

The jury's still out on Robinho too. He may be too lightweight for the Prem.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
There can only be one King that Rules over Manchester, and City are going too have a hell of a time dethroning us. They need to build a squad capable of challenging.
Though i'm for anyone breaking into the Top 4 as long as they knock the Scousers out...

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
hey mate you must explain top 4 well lol

i thought you are talking about Rooney Tevez Ronaldo & Berbatov when i saw top 4 lol hehehe

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Liverpool are bloody lucky to be in the CL this season. Liege should have
beaten them and were desperately unlucky. So really, the Scousers should
already be in the Uefa cup this season.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It will be a long time before City are a success.

The Robinho signing is a big coup no doubt, but we'll just have to wait and see if he can make it in the Prem, and he only went for one thing. Money!

I think this is going to blow up in their faces. The new owner has said that this is just the start, and they're going to sign a further 18 players.

18 players?!?!? That is seriously unrealistic, and what about the players already there? And I guess he means 18 World Class players yeah? So, how are they going to keep them all happy and how are they going to blend them all together? And of course, thats only if the sign. And if they did sign, the only motivation would be money.

I hope they don't get anywhere near the top 4 either.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
reddwarf said:
City still have a long way to go before they can compete with United and Chelsea on the football pitch.

Rumours that the new owners want a top 4 finish this season and to win the Champions League within 3 years will put immense pressure on Mark Hughes.

They seem willing to spend vast sums of money to get what they want but Chelsea have proved that even then success is not guaranteed...especially with United around :D
City players are on bonus scheme of £1million pounds and a camel each for a top 4 finish

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Why is anyone happy with what's going on at City?:confused: There our rivals FFS!

I hope they fail miserably in everything they do, not improve to top 4 standard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts