Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got all of the big decisions spot on today. Both penalty decisions were correct and so was the sending off.

It's not often a referee is praised, especially after a defeat, but I for one thought he had a very good game.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
He got all of the big decisions spot on today. Both penalty decisions were correct and so was the sending off.

It's not often a referee is praised, especially after a defeat, but I for one thought he had a very good game.
yea he was very good.

still....this is your concern after this defeat ? i couldnt care less tbh

·
Registered
3,232 Posts

I echo your thoughts. So do Andy Gray and Martin Tyler :wave1:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did anyone see the Liverpool player that completely out stretched Seamen style for a ball that hit his hand and a whistle didn't even go, it's as if play just continued, i couldn't believe my eyes, me and the lads laughed our heads off!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yeah completely agree!!
He had a good game for a ref in such an important game,
Got every major decision correct..
When a ref has a bad game he's slated, but when he has a good game he's never really praised..

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts

spot on.
just got home and as i was walking up my driveway i was thinking about how long it's been since i watched a big game, with so many big calls and realised that the referee got each spot on.

it's not the result we wanted, but the referee is in no way to blame for that. ran the game well, let it flow although could have extended advantages here or there. got the balance of cards right as well as the big decisions.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
the ref was spot on this downfall was down to the utd players , but they will respond and charge to the title this is a very timely kick up the backside that can only be good for the team in its quest for more silverware .

·
23,699 Posts

Good thread. We have nobody else on the pitch to praise today. :thumbsup: :eek:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
yeah fair play he for sure deserves the credit, he had a good game i can have no complaints about him today.. makes you almost want to respect the ref ..... NOT

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
The only thing I would say is that he should have booked Reina for time-wasting. I didn't know if he was booked for the penalty, so if he was that's perhaps why he wasn't.

But he was good, and credit too him. We're quick to criticise referees, so they should get credit when it's deserved as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts