Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Should the English national football team always play at Wembley or should they play in other stadiums? Like in that time when the new Wembley were build.

In that time England played 16 times at Old Trafford I think. :confused:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
If they have their own stadium, why should they play in other club`s stadiums ? Leave it as it is, they deserve to have a new stadium and i hope it inspires the national team more than OT actually did.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
its better to keep at wembley the grass at ot is ****ed up and the last thing we need is more matches on it

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm really not sure about this subject.

Of course, national stadiums are used for cup finals, among other things, as well as for international games and it means the national side have their own stadium.

However, I don't think it's that important. If the national side played in different stadiums across the country, it would be fairer and would mean that more supporters would get the chance of seeing their team.

Of course, a country like Scotland needs a national stadium as generally the other stadiums available aren't to that high a standard for international football. But for countries like England for example, their stadiums are to a high standard.

There are some countries, like Italy and Germany I believe for example, who don't have a national stadium and it works fine.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
Didn't they use Millennium Stadium too? That makes little to no sense.
just for the cup finals, not for England int. games.

Wembley is the national stadium and its in the capital, just like it is with most national stadiums,
so thats where it should be I guess.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
just for the cup finals, not for England int. games.

Wembley is the national stadium and its in the capital, just like it is with most national stadiums,
so thats where it should be I guess.
Oh, I just know that was the stadium that England played in in, FIFA World Cup 2006, on the PS2. :p

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Keep the national team out of OT I say...

...the pitch is bad enough without the weight of Frank Lampard and Heskey on it! :p...

Nah, but seriously, the pitch doesn't need needless games IMO

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
yes england should play all their home games at their own stadium [wembley] they have got to try and pay for it .the problem is the stadium should have been built in the midlands that is central for most fans and far easier to get in and out of ,but the fa don't do common sense do they :confused:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I have to admit I liked it that they toured the country whilst Wembley was being built. I took advantage of it and went to see England play at Old Trafford when they beat Andorra 5-0. I've been to watch England at Wembley a couple of times but it's a very costly and time-consuming exercise. I'd love to go and watch England more often but it's just not possible when they play at Wembley.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The FA has spent so much money and time redeveloping Wembley. I think the English fans should just forget about seeing England play anywhere else except Wembley for the next few years till the costs are covered.

I do think that there shouldn't be any national stadium in the country like England because they have many good Stadiums throughout. It would be better for the fans living far away from London to get a chance watch some games of the national team in their City.

But it's not going to happen.....

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Why the **** would the national team play anywhere else it took years and millions upon millions to build, plus do we want the pitch at ot like abo said to get worn out more?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
sweet fa said:
yes england should play all their home games at their own stadium [wembley] they have got to try and pay for it .the problem is the stadium should have been built in the midlands that is central for most fans and far easier to get in and out of ,but the fa don't do common sense do they :confused:
It was built in london because there's more money there than anywhere else in england and there's 2 big airports and a few smaller ones too :)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The need to move Wembley more to the North of England, if only to attract more vocal fans.

Kind of OT but they also need to stop playing FA Cup semi's there. Its kills the magic of "The road to Wembely".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts