Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fyou:Arsene Wenger: Manchester United do not dominate games like Arsenal
Arsene Wenger has claimed that Manchester United do not dominate games like Arsenal and has played down the possibility of Sir Alex Ferguson winning an unprecedented quintuple of trophies.

The Arsenal manager also remains bullish about his team's chances of qualifying for the Champions League and believes that Aston Villa missed a "big opportunity" by only drawing against Stoke City on Sunday.

"It's a fine line [between winning games 1-0 and drawing]," said Wenger, whose Arsenal team have not won a trophy since 2005 and are 16 points behind Manchester United.

"I have watched Man United get an opening here and there and they are a great side. But I don't feel they dominate the games like we do. The trophies flow in for them at the moment so it's all natural for them.

"It [winning every trophy] is not realistic because it has not been done yet. But for them it is still possible, so you have to consider that they could be the first team to do it. But I still believe it is a bit early to say that." - agree 100 on this one

Of Villa losing a 2-0 lead against Stoke, Wenger said: "Stoke's comeback was a very big surprise. I think Villa have lost a big opportunity to put us eight points behind and we want to take advantage of that.

"At the moment, there is pressure on Villa, on us and everybody. Maybe not only Villa are catchable."

Arsenal go into Tuesday night's match against West Bromwich Albion on the back of four consecutive goalless draws in the Premier League, but Wenger highlighted the defensive improvement as cause for optimism.

"Defensive strength is the foundation for success and we want to keep the focus on that," he said. "It is the first time that we are confronted with a problem like this because usually we conceded goals but we score."

William Gallas has an ankle injury and will be replaced for the West Brom encounter by Johan Djourou, while Theo Walcott returned to full training on Monday but is unlikely to play.

Wenger believes Andrei Arshavin remains 10 days off full fitness, although the Russian did play 90 minutes against Fulham on Saturday. "In the second half my legs simply refused to serve me," said Arshavin. "I am not physically strong enough yet to play the whole match."

oh we don't dominate games like them ??

did he even saw the stats against fulham ?!

what a moron - !:fyou:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I love the guy. :wub: Come on admit it. The prem would be a more boring place without him.

Somebody has to fill the gaping void Mourinho left & we can finally get back to Fergie/Wenger.

Besides CROoney how many premiership seasons have you gone undefeated in? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
a#sehole w#nker:rofl: hes losing it like rafa! his transfer dealings have been poor for the most part (the lack of tht is) his squad has not enough depth to cope with injuries as this season is showing (like the dippers)

whinger always seems to try and take the moral high ground by playing attractive football:

'Arsene, your team has just lost 10-0 to an over 70's XI, your thoughts?'
'Well we did get beaten a little bit, but we passed the ball well and our football was good' :rolleyes:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the guy. :wub: Come on admit it. The prem would be a more boring place without him.

Somebody has to fill the gaping void Mourinho left & we can finally get back to Fergie/Wenger.

Besides CROoney how many premiership seasons have you gone undefeated in? :thumbsup:
huh ?

does that give him the right to disrepsect everyone else including SAF and UTD

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's all part of the mind games.
mind games with who ?

martin o'neill, cos whatever he says SAF doesn't give a crap cos they're what 15, 17 points behind ?

that's like redknapp playing mind games with wenger for uefa cup spot

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
i bet he would love to win 1-0 and not dominate....just like us :rolleyes:
poor guy, if he resorts to this kind of arguments....i feel pitty for him. it must be frustrating.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i will say this about arsenal when their on form there ain't a team on the planet that can entertain like them and i know loads of football mates that support teams like liverpool ,spurs ,chelsea and a few lower league teams and they also say the same thing .
arsene wenger is a brilliant manager that talks a lot of rubbish we all know that but even fergie has talked utter nonesense in his time its all part of the game to wind the fans up ,without wenger the premiership would have been a much less entertaining league and he deserves great credit for that , if anything he has made utd keep on improving during those years.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I dont think any of the managers are loosing it really.
They cant just come out and say yh there we go titles is united...how would there players feel then? Then it really would be over!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
"I have watched Man United get an opening here and there and they are a great side. But I don't feel they dominate the games like we do. The trophies flow in for them at the moment so it's all natural for them."

Oh come on now who is he kidding??? Since when did he go for eye surgery?? so now he can already see??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
some people (like wenger) have a very strange idea about what dominating a game means .they think
that just by having a lot of possession the game has been dominated by their side.imo domninating a game is when you play very well and the result reflects your performance . then only you can say you have dominated a game. but then again this is wenger we are talking about:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Now, now people. We all know that "Wenger didn't see it". ;)
speaking of didnt see it, i bet tomorro's papers will be praising the amazin attacking free flowing football of the gooners if they get a convincing win. we play fantastic football as good as gooners too but the media rarely gets in a frenzy over us the way they do the gooners. :mad:

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Of Villa losing a 2-0 lead against Stoke, Wenger said: "Stoke's comeback was a very big surprise. I think Villa have lost a big opportunity to put us eight points behind and we want to take advantage of that.

"At the moment, there is pressure on Villa, on us and everybody. Maybe not only Villa are catchable."
You know, I think he's mostly blowing off steam, trying to pressure Villa into loosing points, and reclaim a CL spot.

What he SHOULD be doing, instead of looking at the 6 points he has to recover from Villa, is look to the 2 points he has on Everton, which were 4 points last week, and 6 or 7 two weeks ago, so I totally see the tofees reaching 5th place, with the way arsenil have been playing lately.

He's right when he says everybody is under pressure, but right now, United, chelsky and arsenil fight on 3 fronts, liverpoo and everton on 2, and villa only has the league, so I sincerely doubt they'll loose 4th. I'd even risk a guess that they might hit 3rd. As for arsenil, I totally see them ending at 6th.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
What he SHOULD be doing, instead of looking at the 6 points he has to recover from Villa, is look to the 2 points he has on Everton, which were 4 points last week, and 6 or 7 two weeks ago, so I totally see the tofees reaching 5th place, with the way arsenil have been playing lately.
When is PrinCesc coming back for the Arse though? That might be enough to get Everton in front of them.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Rafa and Wenger should be voted retards of the season

Domination stats:

Arsenal 0 - 0 West Ham
Tottenham 0 - 0 Arsenal
Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland
Arsenal 0 - 0 Fulham

Hypocrite .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts