Manchester United Talk banner

Wenger talking NONSENSE

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Mr United 
#1 ·
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reckons even if Manchester United win everything this season, it will not beat Arsenal’s 2004 Invincibles.
He said: “To win five trophies would be something very special, but I don’t think it is a bigger achievement than going through a whole season unbeaten.

So winning 5 trophies is not as good as getting about 10 jammy results to ensure you didn't lose a league game… oh and Arsenal only won 1 trophy that year... hmmm I think the record books will think differently Arsene!

#2 ·
next he will be saying going 4 years without a trophy is great achievement and will challenge us to replicate tht too:rofl:

seriously he is just a wind up merchant. he's had another few things to say today also regarding bad tackles. I accept his 'Invincibles' was an amazing achievement to go a whole season unbeaten and wont be done again for a long time if ever.

#5 ·
They didn't go through the season unbeaten. I distinctly remember us beating them in the FA Cup. :p They went 38 league games unbeaten...but they only won 1 trophy, which I guess means they lost in the Carling Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

We've lost 2 (3 if you count the European Super Cup) this season and if we go the rest of the season without losing another game I think we will be far superior to the 2004 Arsenal Invincibles. I also think that a royal decree should be passed that states anyone who slaps Wenger with a wet fish :fish: for daring to suggest otherwise will not face prosecution! But that's just me. :D

#6 ·
They didn't go through the season unbeaten. I distinctly remember us beating them in the FA Cup. :p They went 38 league games unbeaten...but they only won 1 trophy, which I guess means they lost in the Carling Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

We've lost 2 (3 if you count the European Super Cup) this season and if we go the rest of the season without losing another game I think we will be far superior to the 2004 Arsenal Invincibles. I also think that a royal decree should be passed that states anyone who slaps Wenger with a wet fish :fish: for daring to suggest otherwise will not face prosecution! But that's just me. :D
you should put all that in a letter, address to mr wenger, send it to the emirates with your address enclosed for a response and see what happens:thumbsup:

he's bitter really thats all i can for him. top manager, great philosophy but bitter

#8 ·
He has no trophies to look forward to nor ambitions to talk about. So what else can he do? Feel bitter like a sore loser and to bitch about us in the midst of working on the third of the quintuple of course.

Leave him alone. We ain't got time for him. :whistling:

pz :cool:

#9 ·
I also think that a royal decree should be passed that states anyone who slaps Wenger with a wet fish :fish: for daring to suggest otherwise will not face prosecution! But that's just me. :D
That is classic!!

He really is a dillussional twat! he probably reckons the 6-0 thumping of Sheff United with his kids was a bigger feat than us winning the competition with a mixture of youth and experience...

i think his philosophy is wrong in the carling cup, young players gain a lot more from playing with the like of Giggs especially when things are tough than they do with a bunch of other kids with no1 to look to when its not going their way... but off with them... roll on the 5 trophies, I hope we get Arsenal in the Semi of the FA cup again... it'll really start feeling like 99 then!!

#19 ·
I agree lol, the guy is clearly missing being our rivals lol.
og....we agreed on something...hehehe....:thumbsup:

something i did wonder though....i know a few arsenal fans,they are so fed up of having trophy less seasons and can't make out why wenger is still at arsenal...he's just turning into a very bitter manager who can't win a trophy so takes to trying to win mind games with fergie....never a good way to go...mr ferguson is the old master of mind games.....:whistling:

#20 ·
og....we agreed on something...hehehe....:thumbsup:

something i did wonder though....i know a few arsenal fans,they are so fed up of having trophy less seasons and can't make out why wenger is still at arsenal...he's just turning into a very bitter manager who can't win a trophy so takes to trying to win mind games with fergie....never a good way to go...mr ferguson is the old master of mind games.....:whistling:
Yes we did agree on something lol :specool: ...u ill?? :mf_tongue: haha im kiddin'

But yep, totally agree. I know a few arsenal fans, not many to be honest but they are of the thoughs that if arsenal are not genuine contenders next season for trophies its time for wenger to go.

I am actually a fan of wenger believe it or not for the football he plays (though i hate his sour thoughts when he looses) but he has to step his game up and i agree with your post.

I was of the opinion arsenal could possibly have been a threat this season but when plays like adebayor who has only had one good season in his whole career suddenly wants to become the superstar of the summer with a new found ego which to be honest was embarrasing with his contract talks because before last season he was a nobody. He disrupts alot of harmony for them and then gallas takes that to another level and then all the injuries they have had too plus the slightly more limited cash flow he has, makes his job pretty hard. But he has to take responsibility and i totally agree with your post.

I actually expect them to be a challenge again next season (like i did this lol) but if he is not fighting for trophies, alot of fans will possibly want to see the back of him.

Big question is though, where would they turn? Frank rijkaard possibly? who knows

pz!

#21 ·
I love wenger really...and i love to know he thought this way...that explain so well why arsenal despite their beautiful football remain trophyless cause these trophies are meaningless to him..

With his kind of attitude, i bet there are higher chance their best player Fabregas leave them before they could even win the next trophy.

#22 ·
I love wenger really...and i love to know he thought this way...that explain so well why arsenal despite their beautiful football remain trophyless cause these trophies are meaningless to him..

With his kind of attitude, i bet there are higher chance their best player Fabregas leave them before they could even win the next trophy.
i don't think trophies are meaningless to him..but i do think he's trying to do it on a shoes string budget,even though he's been told he can have money to buy players...think about it,,if his young team were to win a trophy..wenger would be hailed a hero by his club.....:whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.