Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place!

But I have just read the Wenger The Whinger !! in the Newsroom...

Where do you get your sources from? lol

Wenger has not made any excuses for last night and has praised you for your performance. Skysports tried twisting what he said and made it sound like Wenger was blaming it on the pitch in one article, but reading his comments he clearly wasn't!

Here a few comments Wenger has made

"I still thought we had a good enough team to have a chance but United were better than us. "

"It is difficult to find any positives from the performance, apart from the fact we do not have any more injuries," he said.

"Even before the sending off we never looked like we could come back.

"It was difficult. We did not seem the have the physical resources that were needed.

"We were not up to our level. We need to pick ourselves up quickly because we have a massive game on Wednesday and need to be at our best against Milan."

He has not made any excuses or moaned about it.

G

·
He said the pitch was a disgrace, 25 million pound players who can't make a pass cos the ball bounces :rolleyes: Funny how it didn't affect our one touch passing for the entire 90 minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-zuco- said:
He said the pitch was a disgrace, 25 million pound players who can't make a pass cos the ball bounces :rolleyes: Funny how it didn't affect our one touch passing for the entire 90 minutes.
Yeah that's what I read on skysports, that's the only comment he made though....which I have heard other managers say in the past.

Not exactly making excuses or moaning is he?

G

·
Trina said:
Yeah that's what I read on skysports, that's the only comment he made though....which I have heard other managers say in the past.

Not exactly making excuses or moaning is he?
But the pitch was fine, we played some brilliant passing football on it so it can't have been that bad can it?

You're right other managers have said things like that (including Fergie), and they attract equal derision from opposition fans because of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You play on it all the time.....

I'm not making excuses about the pitch anyway, wether it is good or poor my point was Wenger is not a whinger like he is made out to be on here, hence the comments he made I posted :p

G

·
I'm fairly certain if we went to The Emirates and were destroyed 4-0 and fergie complained about the pitch, there would be a similar thread on Arsenal forums entitled "Fergie blames pitch" or something to that effect ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts