Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARSENE WENGER insists Arsenal will have nothing to fear when they take on AC Milan in the last 16 of the Champions League.

The Gunners were drawn against the defending champions after finishing second in Group H.

But Wenger is convinced his side can beat the Italian giants.

He said: "It's an interesting draw but I believe we can do it if we play at our best.

"It's a good target for us to get stronger for the match.

"That's achievable because we have plenty of young players who are improving, as we saw against Blackburn in the Carling Cup.

"It's an exciting draw. If you look at last season's results then it's the hardest draw because they are the champions.

"It's a big challenge but if you ask me do we have a chance to knock them out, then I say yes.

"If you want to win the Champions League you have to beat the biggest clubs."

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I doubt so......Let's take a look " hw their best XI match up Milan's:

Kaka>Cesc
Clarence Seedorf>Tomas Rosicky
Andrea Pirlo>Alexander Hleb
Gennaro Gattuso>Mathieu Flamini
Alberto Gilardino>'Manu' Adebayor
'Super Pippo' Inzaghi>RVP
Nelson Dida>Manuel Almunia
Paolo Maldini>William Gallas
Alessandro Nesta>Kolo Toure
Massimo Oddo>Bacary Sagna
Marek Jankulovski>Gael Clichy
AC Milan>Arenal
Manchester United>Arsenal
Manchester United=AC Milan

Manchester United & AC Milan=2 best clubs in Europe,tho FC Barcelona & Real Madrid comes close

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
red_devils4life said:
I doubt so......Let's take a look " hw their best XI match up Milan's:

Kaka>Cesc
Clarence Seedorf>Tomas Rosicky
Andrea Pirlo>Alexander Hleb
Gennaro Gattuso>Mathieu Flamini
Alberto Gilardino>'Manu' Adebayor
'Super Pippo' Inzaghi>RVP
Nelson Dida>Manuel Almunia
Paolo Maldini>William Gallas
Alessandro Nesta>Kolo Toure
Massimo Oddo>Bacary Sagna
Marek Jankulovski>Gael Clichy
AC Milan>Arenal
Manchester United>Arsenal
Manchester United=AC Milan

Manchester United & AC Milan=2 best clubs in Europe,tho FC Barcelona & Real Madrid comes close

I disagree, Pirlo is older and much slower, granted he still has the touch and awareness and creativity but Hleb has been in sensational form this season and hi passing and creativity are fantastic...
Hleb is young, quick and has the creativity also...........Hleb = Pirlo

Adeybayor is looking like being the next Didiier Drogba and his form also this season has been as good as any other striker in the world, and better than Gilardino....
Gilardino didn't produce last season in the CL and I think Adeybayor is in the form of his life and this could be a great season for him...........Adeybayor > Gilardino

Inzaghi is a great goal scorer and deadly in the six yard box but he is not near as good as RVP overall icluding passing, workrate and skill out the pitch and strength............RVP = Inzaghi

I am still surprised that Dida is Milans no.1 goal keeper, he has proven time and time again his unreliability in games and although he makes fantastic saves he is just too unreliable overall imho....
Almunia has had a good season so far for Arsenal, but has also had one or two mistakes..............Dida = Almunia

Maldini is very old now and isn't the fastest either, but he makes up for this in experience and sheer ability on the ball....
Gallas has been one of the best players in the Premiership this season has been a marvellous captain for Arsenal...
He has been solid at the back and has lead Arsenal..
Also he has shown his attacking ability scoring both against us and Chelsea...........Gallas = Maldini

I'd agree with the others mate....

It will be a battle of Youth against Old and could turn out to be a classic between two great attacking teams....

But remember matches are not decided on paper and anything can happen in football, just remember the 99 and 05 CL finals....

And that little equation you performed with the United, Arsenal and Milan is absolute rubbish, you can never, ever judge which team is better by who they beat who also beat someone else etc....it's ludicrous...

We have to prove we are the best by beating Milan and I hope we meet them again in the CL this season......so we can prove we are the better side......:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
you forgot that Milan will have Ronaldo (probably) and Pato whom I can't wait too see is he really that good.Maybe these two can make a difference cause Milan's biggest problem is scoring goals.Sure they have Pippo but with these two they will be much stronger

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Ok ok,can't u actually see that I'm makin' fun of the Gooners'?

Anway, red_devils4life>Keano4taoiseach,there's no doubt 'bout tis!
depends what you are referring to mate........;)

for not getting caught, perhaps you are right.......:eek:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I dunno....i reckon Arsenal's youth and pace will cause alotta trouble for Milan...
Who knows...maybe Pato and Ronaldo will make some differance to their chances...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
in my opinion, the guuners are favourites, for now, due to their form, and i'd say the youth of the squad...comparing with Milan. but who knows?...i personaly want Milan out of the competiton, cause' i'm realy sick of them and of their antic players. I still can't believe we've been eliminated by a team of old men...:(...at Milano...it was a total humiliation..I think our worst game of the season:( a true disaster...if Milan qualifies i hope we'll qualify as well and meet againg with them, and beat the shit out them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts