Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From whiskey bottles to a pig's head... Football's worst fan missile incidents

Werder Bremen captain Frank Baumann is the latest football player to be the victim of a missile thrown by a fan - but he's far from the only one.

Baumann (33) was struck by a mobile phone battery lobbed from the stands in a vicious incident during Sunday's 'Nord Derby' in the Bundesliga at Hamburg.

The German Football Association (DFB) yesterday launched an investigation into the incident with Hamburg facing a huge fine if they are found guilty of failing to control their fans, although Baumann himself has decided not to press charges against the culprit.

He told BILD: “I don't have headaches anymore, only a light pressure pain.â€

Baumann has plenty of company when it comes to suffering the wrath of the fans in the shape of missiles. Everything from whiskey bottles to a pig's head has been chucked onto the pitch over the years.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/football/world-football/2008/11/25/worst-football-missiles/from-whiskey-bottles-to-pigs-heads.html

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
horrible...cant believe this is still happening...fifa should start putting in stricter rules for safety of players from the fans :eek:.....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I love Bremen and Baumann is great, shame on Hamburg!

I'm boycotting all hamburgers for a while now.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Ajant said:
I love Bremen and Baumann is great, shame on Hamburg!

I'm boycotting all hamburgers for a while now.
Nice to know we feel the same way. ;)

It's ridiculous. Thankfully it wasn't anything large or dangerous like a flare for Dida. Or obscene and somewhat disturbing, like a pig's head for Figo... If Celtic get a fine for a fan on the pitch, then Hamburg should get at least a fine as well.

Oh, and SAB: 346 we were on, no?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Grif SA said:
Nice to know we feel the same way. ;)

It's ridiculous. Thankfully it wasn't anything large or dangerous like a flare for Dida. Or obscene and somewhat disturbing, like a pig's head for Figo... If Celtic get a fine for a fan on the pitch, then Hamburg should get at least a fine as well.

Oh, and SAB: 346 we were on, no?
haha, I have a great grandmother born in Bremen :O

And, your memory is good, god, I think you're correct. Can't wait for the shoutbox to return mate...hahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts