Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real wanted Ronaldo. Ronaldo wanted Real. We told them to sod off and flexed our muscles. Now Ronaldo is staying whether he wants to or not.

We wanted Berbatov, and basically told him he was coming here no matter what Tottenham said. Spurs were desperate to keep him, but yet again, we flexed our muscles and low-and-behold, United's #9.

So what's your take on our seemingly Mafioso/Totalitarian muscle flexing?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Thats why Fergie will always be the greatest, he always get what he wants.
You could say Mafia......... Fergie is the GodFather
Have to hand it to the man, you either love him or hate him.
And been a Utd fan you gotta love em:)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VaVaVoom said:
Thats why Fergie will always be the greatest, he always get what he wants.
You could say Mafia......... Fergie is the GodFather
Have to hand it to the man, you either love him or hate him.
And been a Utd fan you gotta love em:)
Ain't that the truth!

Long live the Godfather!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
its about power and respect kind of like the mafia besides the killing and horses heads, well maybe we should in rafa's
but fergie has the repect and certain power over most if not all premier league boss's so normaly what fergie says and wants fergie gets.
perhaps we hire mario puzo in to write a novel about it :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree completely
=]
What SAF says happens.... here's to supporting the best footballing Mafia of all time and Long live the Godfather of it all...Sir Alex

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Tell me about it. Now all we need is an interviewer asked SAF how he got Berbatov and Fergie looks straight into camera...

"I made him an offer he couldn't refuse". Timeless Classic. :D

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
fergie's been around a long time and knows what he's doing.he gets what he wants and keeps on till he does.he's a cracker of a boss...

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Teams like Real should be put in their place. But I get the feeling we could have looked like Real, to Spurs. When a player has signed a new contract he should stick to it. Ronaldo at OT and Berbatov at Spurs. Berbatov signed a huge contract not so long back. He should have honoured it, as Ronaldo is bring forced to do. The Ronaldo affair will start again come the springtime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah all true but isn't there one big difference between Ronaldo and Berbatov here? I reckon had Ronaldo told Fergie during 'that meeting' that no matter what he said his heart wasn't at United anymore and he wanted to move on, then surely Fergie would have been left with no choice than to sell him??

It seems Berbatov felt that way about going to United and wasn't going to spend another season at Spurs no matter what after asking to be transferred.

Although, it has to be said that the Gabriel Heinze situation reminds me how stubborn Fergie can be, not selling our best players to clubs in the same league. Spurs could easily have done the same!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thats the way it should be. Instead of a team like Man City reckoning they can buy the best players in the world...

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
lets face it..we are the best .with the best manager .and strive to do well.just hope it continues after fergie retires.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't know the berbatov's story, I do a little ronaldo's:

I don't think it was a bad behaviour from Fergie or Manch.Un.: you discovered Ronaldo, you put him in first squad since the beginning, you let him grow up, giving him trust,celebrity and money .......... you have built him the player that he is right now:

he simply has to be grateful somehow towards you. I said somehow: you don't have the right to keep for the life, but he cannot say "I'll go away" whenever he wants...... If he does, he will have something to regret

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
ejuventus said:
I don't know the berbatov's story, I do a little ronaldo's:

I don't think it was a bad behaviour from Fergie or Manch.Un.: you discovered Ronaldo, you put him in first squad since the beginning, you let him grow up, giving him trust,celebrity and money .......... you have built him the player that he is right now:

he simply has to be grateful somehow towards you. I said somehow: you don't have the right to keep for the life, but he cannot say "I'll go away" whenever he wants...... If he does, he will have something to regret
very well said couldnt agree more

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
personally i think its the history and tradition of our club .
it has took years and years of great football played by the likes of edwards best law charlton etc which elevated us to one of the biggest clubs in the world.
fergie built on the foundations laid by busby and built an empire , the berbatov transfer gives you a bit of faith in present day footballers because he turned the big bucks down of chelsea and city and came to us.
he also mentioned he was coming to the biggest club in the world and while he was sitting outside the office he had a walk around and saw photos of our great past players on the walls he then new he had made the right move.
money can buy you most things apart from our glorious past and history our club is steeped in tradition for playing the best football and i think along with our support is the pulling power which not many footballers turn down (only the greedy do)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts