Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
stretty said:
personally i think its the history and tradition of our club .
it has took years and years of great football played by the likes of edwards best law charlton etc which elevated us to one of the biggest clubs in the world.
fergie built on the foundations laid by busby and built an empire , the berbatov transfer gives you a bit of faith in present day footballers because he turned the big bucks down of chelsea and city and came to us.
he also mentioned he was coming to the biggest club in the world and while he was sitting outside the office he had a walk around and saw photos of our great past players on the walls he then new he had made the right move.
money can buy you most things apart from our glorious past and history our club is steeped in tradition for playing the best football and i think along with our support is the pulling power which not many footballers turn down (only the greedy do)

nicely put stretty..:cool:

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
piazza said:
Real wanted Ronaldo. Ronaldo wanted Real. We told them to sod off and flexed our muscles. Now Ronaldo is staying whether he wants to or not.

We wanted Berbatov, and basically told him he was coming here no matter what Tottenham said. Spurs were desperate to keep him, but yet again, we flexed our muscles and low-and-behold, United's #9.

So what's your take on our seemingly Mafioso/Totalitarian muscle flexing?
Spurs were never forced to sell by united. berbatov did the same as ronaldo and started sulking. spurs were never resolute in sending the message out that berba was seeing out his contract like united did with ronaldo.

Saying we are the mafia is riduculous statement.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
antdevil78 said:
Spurs were never forced to sell by united. berbatov did the same as ronaldo and started sulking. spurs were never resolute in sending the message out that berba was seeing out his contract like united did with ronaldo.

Saying we are the mafia is riduculous statement.
I know. That's what makes this an interesting and funny thread. Chill out. Or Fergie will have you whacked.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts