Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to get alot of stick on here but is the player who has played more than any other player for united this season. Fergie rates him highly, has improved loads on his footwork. Always was built as strong as a brick...and played that way too which is probably half the reason why he used to get injured so much but really has been solid as a rock this season and has got forward this season more than i have ever seen him.

Also this stunning defence united have at the moment, do not discount his contribution to that.

A true red who came through the ranks. I for one hope he signs the contract and gets a decent deal. If he continues like he has played this season there are no guarantees that neville will be first chioce next season. Our defence has been immense as is a major reason why we have performed so well this year.

Anyone else appreciate brown in here?

pz

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He is solid and has done very very well this season. My only critisicm would be that he looks a little clumbsy/shaky at times when a player runs at him (I especially noticed this when he was up against Benzema away at Lyon and vs Babel at Anfield) but overall a great performance this season.

·
Registered
488 Posts
He cover the position of the right back pretty well this season... Did well overall... He deserves a pay increment for the new contract... Will like to see him next season... The only down side is his crossing, it nevers seems to get past the first defender... Hargreaves have impressed me in that position as well...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
impressed by him all season, he might not be as good in crossing, but he always make himself available at the flanks, and never restrained himself from coming forward and help out the attackers.
hope he signs the contract

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wes Brown

Brown is a good squad player but we need another option for right back (especially if he goes)
I quite like the look of Rafinha but he may be too flakey. Where are all the good full backs?? Hutton was a good option but its too late now.

Can always play Hargreaves or Fletch or O'Shea @ right back is suppose.

Brown has had a good season but his attitude towards UTD is not good enough, maybe we should have cashed in on him when we could.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
but we need to watch out for that right side of our defence...we will need to double it against roma again - coz wes is useless when defending 1 on 1 with a lot of space around them ( like sheasy too) ... i remember babel dribbling past him like he's non-existant..i think hargo will double that flank

·
Registered
854 Posts
ye he's been class. it helps that he was a centre bac because he is gud in the air, and can cover ferdinand if he gets forward the odd time. if he improves his crossing and getting forward a bit mor i say why play another rb. the understanding between all of them has been amazing this season.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's important to remember Wes has played well this season. I think most people are giving him stick because of the contract situation, rather than because of the football he has been playing.

All season he has slotted in well at right back and looks as if he has been playing there for years. This season has probably been his best in a United shirt.

I do like Wes as a player and think it would be ashame to lose him because he is a United lad through and through, plays with everything he has got and above all, is a good solid defender.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he is solid...but he has not been brilliant.....he has been good but not brilliant IMO.....he doesnt come forward as much......not that god crosses...thats why he should stick to CB and not be a RB....but he has beena good sub in for neville the whole season.......

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Wes has been a loyal servant to the club. Making nearly 300 appearances for his beloved United without
moaning or giving out has to be admired. When he is called upon he always does his job in the team with
no fuss whatsoever. Wes deserves a nice new contract. He has earned it.
He has been soild this season and is a vital part of this soon to be record breaking defensive unit.
Ok he is not as good as Rio, Vidic and Evra but who the hell is?

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
i personely love to see him sign a new contract but i only worry he may block pique and evans path into the first team

1 - 15 of 15 Posts