Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is my first choice right back when hes back......

but that begs they question....WHEN IS HE BACK?!?

he is a brilliant player with a touch of pace and can get forward (decent crosser of the ball) without neglecting his defensive duties..

so who is everyones first choice right back(if everyone was fit)....

PLUS WHEN IS WES BROWN BACK!?!

·
Registered
312 Posts
SAF said on Friday (20/03) that Wes still had a few weeks to go before starting any training. Rafael should start training the end of this week. I doubt we will see Wes before the end of April/early May. At that point, would we want to risk him in big matches in May as he will take some time to get match fit? Realistically (sp?), it is a choice between Neville/O'Shea/Rafael for right back.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I've never rated him and one season
of mediocrity doesn't erase a lifetime
of error.
He was solid last season, a rock at times, especially when we really needed it (Barca at home for example)

In reply to the OP. Could be back within a couple of weeks.
Id have him as first choice RB just ahead of Nev and Rafael, though the position will be Rafael's before too long.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
It's tough beteen Wes and Rafa. I rate both very highly. But atm, Wes slightl ahead of Rafael as a result of Rafael's lack of defensive awareness.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
thought we was gr8 last season, ok he's not the best in the world and couldn't match neville at his best but the guy does a good enough job and brings something and works within the team really well.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
utterly dependable, strongest right back for the moment.
he has a bit of pace, awareness of his defensive duty, as well as the quality to get forward and put the ball in the box.
i think he's about 2 weeks away from training, so maybe 4 weeks/a month till he's back in the side?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
As said in the thread regarding the Da Silvas ability to jump into 1st team, Brown would be first choice for me. But I dont think we will see alot of him for the remainder of the season.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i was woundering the same thing we have missed him.
he was great last season, he had the most apperances i think?
he may not be rated the best in the world but you know with him u get 100% every game and he knows what local derbys mean!! and get stuck in!! qualities we have lacked in certain games this season.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wes Brown got better and better in that RB position last season. I wasnt a a big fan of his before then. He was always good at tackling and defending and learned how to get forward and add to the attack. An important squad player. I'd take him at RB over JOS anyday. Must be very disheartening to have so many injuries.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,939 Posts
Agree with most posters here. He was superb last season and should be the #1 guy.

O'Shea is awful IMO.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
wes is our best right back when all are fit and can cover cb as well .

i would be suprised if nev plays more than another 15 to 20 games to be honest before hanging up the boots .

i still believe rafael is not a defender and would be better as a ronnie cover

·
Registered
195 Posts
he might be less versatile than oshea but imo he is a far better player he was solid last year and i think we are missing him this season,hopefully he gets fit soon the lad has had some terrible luck with injuries,but when he gets back he will have a fight on his hands cause i think rafael is gonna be a star

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've never rated him and one season
of mediocrity doesn't erase a lifetime
of error.
how can you call last year mediocrity we done the double and wes was an instrumental part off the back 4,and remind me who crossed the ball to ronny to score in the champions league final

1 - 20 of 67 Posts