Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WES BROWN could quit Manchester United on a free at the end of the season.

The England defender's contract expires this summer and he is keen to secure his
long-term future at Old Trafford.

But while talks over a new deal are ongoing, Sunderland, Newcastle and
Manchester City are wating to pounce.

Brown is hoping for an offer of around £50,000 a week and unless agreement is
reached United could lose a player valued at around £6million.

So What have you got to say about that ?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think he is a decent enough player but he isn't worth 50,000 a week, it seems that any player who plays for a big club thinks they should earn big money.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rubbish about the money demanded. I dont know Wes Personally but Ive seen enough in the past 10 years to know that he is loyal to this club and will play for us for nothing. This happens EVERY year and I got used to it as Wes seems to be here in August again =]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Where's your source?

I can't see Wes being very greedy, he loves United...he will suely sign. But it all depends how he see's himself fitting in when Neville returns. However..I rate Brown highly. I want him to stay.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I hope Wes keeps, He has been brillant this season, I cant a reason why he should go. United stated that they want him to stay, So i can see him signing a new contract in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wes will never leave united, we never force players out who don't want to leave. Wes has been at the club for a long time and will be here for a long time to come.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It can be dangerous to allow players to enter their final year of contract but in Brown's case I don't think we have anything to worry about.

He has been playing regularly and very well this season and I'm confident he'll be playing for us for a few seasons more.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Wes has been a loyal servant to the club. Making around 270 appearances for his beloved United without moaning or giving out has to be admired. When he is called upon he always does his job in the team with no fuss whatsoever. Wes deserves a nice new contract. He has earned it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Wes has been a loyal servant to the club. Making around 270 appearances for his beloved United without moaning or giving out has to be admired. When he is called upon he always does his job in the team with no fuss whatsoever. Wes deserves a nice new contract. He has earned it.
100% agree, well said bud

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Ya Jazz..

Wes has been a loyal servant to United his whole career....

We've got the most dedicated right backs in the premier league and I would hate to lose even one of them...
He has done a superb job this season and Gaz Neville will have to work hard to get his place back.....It's only fair..
I think he deserves the wage he's asking for....We paid far worse players than Wes far more...
We need players like Wes Brown...not just for the present team but to show youngsters coming u through the ranks what it means to be dedicated and to love your club....
Wes Brown is a Manchester United player and I hope to God it stays that way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts