Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

West Ham 1 - 0 Manchester United

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Red Devil 
#1 ·
West Ham v United

Team: VdS; Heinze, Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Ronaldo, Saha & Rooney. On the bench is Ole, Kuszczak, Park, Silvestre and O'Shea.

At half time Man Utd certainly did not have it all their own way as West Ham set out to impress their new manager, Alan Curbishley.

When Curbishley took over Charlton Athletic, United were their next opponents and went on to win 4-0. Curbishley does not intend that to happen again!

United are trying to force the issue against a bogey team on a very bogey ground winning strings of corners ( 9 against 0) but, up to the 58th minute, have not got that ball over the goal line!!

Ex United star, Teddy Sheringham, came on as sub for West Ham in the 59th minute. Heinze and Vidic yellow carded thus far for United.

Ole came on in the 73rd minute to replace Giggs. Reo Coker and Teddy Sheringham have both gone into the referee's book.

West Ham has scored!! Reo Coker in the 75th minute.

What a farce, I have lost track of the number of shots we have had!! This defeat is a disaster! If we cant win on grounds like this, against teams like this, we do not deserve to win anything!

OShea replaced Carrick and Park replaced Heinze but too late to make any difference.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
just watched the west ham game and im beyond raging. For starters i wana now why all the boys looked un interested, i wana know what the f**k was wrong with rooney and i wana know why our whole style off football went out the window?! the number of times i saw g.new put pointless crosses into the box when no1 was there amazed me!!! what the f**k hapened to a simple pass?!
we absolutely lost the plot 2day. Giggs and scholes looked like they have dun over the past 2seasons (slow and past it) and carrick was even weaker than he usauly is. To top it all off- watchin alex fergusons substitutions made me wana throw up. why when were chasin a game replace a DM for another (oshea) put on an aged solskjaer on the wing instead of park and then eventually take off our left back? all he had to do was a straight swap, Giggs for park. Theres definately something wrong with rooney- some1 has to tell the boy that he aint a **kin midfielder, ther amount of times he dropped deep tonight was rediculous. **kin scandelous. the fat ***t needs to understand that hes most effective when he plays off the defenders shoulder and strikes the ball. Looks to me as if hes scared to have a shot from outside the box? As of now with all this pressure we Need the rooney of old otherwise wre playing with saha upfront by himself!! appolagies for the rant but the lads were beyond a joke today (esp in the 2nd half)

#4 ·
I share your frustration, it wasnt great was it , rooney was really off form today as was most of the other team. We looked a bit tired , maybe the season is taking its toll on the older players.

The next game will tell, we need to bounce back from these defeats and go on another winning run..

#5 ·
I was thinking about how many players have been linked to Man United - foremost among them - Teddy Sheringham followed by Jonathan Spector and of course, ex-Red goalkeeper Roy Carroll (now in therapy for addiction problems). The Hammers had a point to prove to the new boss and they did.

They took the game to the Red Devils, IMHO and we were the worse off for it. The crowd's hostile reception to Ronaldo was quite telling... Everyone was making more mistakes than fans are used to seeing and it just wasn't working. Park was given far too little time on the pitch to have made any impact whatsoever.

The busy period of the next 10 days will ineveitably have more such games for us where the team will be tired, bu we have to dig deep just because we have a lack of quality on the bench and we musn't relinquish even this almost non-existent 2 point gap.

#7 ·
I was more concerned over this result than when we met Liverpool or Chelski. Reason: We have not won here for oh so veeeeeery long. Its a bogey ground of major proportions, and so it proved once again. Add to that the fact that they were playing us, and you have a recipe for what happened, a worthless defeat.

We can go on, and have to put this behind us and just kep on going, and going and .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.