Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blimey!

For all intents and purposes, we've already done the treble this season - and not a mickey mouse one, either!
  • Premier League Champions 2009
  • FIFA World Club Cup Champions 2008
  • Carling Cup Champions 2009

OK, it's not as prestigious as the one in '99....yet! BUT........ it's a treble nonetheless and, if we retaing the CL trophy in Rome, it will be an unprecedented quadruple.

Bloody marvelous!

·
23,699 Posts
And if only Mike Riley has given the penalty, we could actually be on the path to an unimaginable quintuple. And not as far fetched as some have scorned. :eek:

And as somebody put it best (or thereabout).... Riley, United fan? My arse. :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
'The' Treble is the Title, FA Cup and CL.

We have won 'a' Treble.

Shame about the FA Cup. Thats 2 years in a row we've been screwed by ***** reffing decisions. We need to win it again. Its been too long.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
yeah, in theory, but i don't really take it. to be honest if we win the champions league, alongside the premiership it will be the only two trophies that i go on about. the world club cup is purely to wind other teams up and is merely a rubber stamping of being the best team in the world in my opinion. the champions league is far superior to any other confederation's competition, as illustrated by gamba osaka and ldu quito, so aside from the occasional game that sao paolo or corinthians may give us, champions league victory essentially makes us the best in the world.
so let's go win that ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if the bitter bin-dippers got to call their feat 'a trebe' then this is much, much more superior to that treble....

Anyway, if we win the CL....are you going to say we didn't do a quadruple?

CL + EPL + Domesic Trophy + WCC = quadrule in my books.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i dont know. to be honest i never really rated the carling cup as a trophy. and it would be a bit hypocrytical to start now that we won it. and clearly the big 4 dont rate it either, or the players. if you look at the teams that are put out until the semi finals, they dont even nearly resemble the 1st team. and when utd won it this year, the players barely celebrated. a bit like when they won the charity shield

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I don't treat it as one,
I'm happy with everything that decorates this club, even the mickey mouse's cups, yes, because these are usually won by our youngsters, and reserves.

But that's all, for me the treble is the PL, CL & LeagueCup always was, and always will.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
:rolleyes:

We've won three trophies (4 if you count the CS (which you mayaswell if you are counting the World Cup)) which can be deemed as a treble.

But World Cup seriously? We beat two diddy teams equivalent to a Championship side.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't treat it as one,
I'm happy with everything that decorates this club, even the mickey mouse's cups, yes, because these are usually won by our youngsters, and reserves.

But that's all, for me the treble is the PL, CL & LeagueCup always was, and always will.
:rolleyes:

We've won three trophies (4 if you count the CS (which you mayaswell if you are counting the World Cup)) which can be deemed as a treble.

But World Cup seriously? We beat two diddy teams equivalent to a Championship side.
concur.

Tbh , Club world cup doesn't really count as a treble. Such mickey mouse treble stuff is better off with the scousers. Hopefully over the next two weeks we'll have the real deal.

I've fixed the thread title :specool:

·
23,699 Posts
If a "Treble" is 'sensitive', let's call it a treble then. Or a quadruple and a quintuple in careful small caps. :p

But seriously and technically speaking, it should be about the numbers rather than the 'definition', isn't it? No?

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
LOL RFR, of course they do count. Read my post again, i said that i'm happy with everything we win.
But these things we won this season, were never considered as treble material and i won't treat them as one now.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.