Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dean ashton compared to sheringham, good target man but also has the class and awareness in and around the box and has the ability to score a lot of goals with class players around him, he also looks like he's over all his injuries now aswell ? any opinions on this guys ?:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Cant see it happening.... You earlier said Santa-Cruz is a strong possibility.. i like the player, but would Mark Hughes let him go? And there is news of Ramos saying he may let Berbatov go- for the right price.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Definitely not.

Hes a decent player, but not much better imo. Don't think hes really quite good enough for us.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i said santa cruz is likely beacuse i think fergie will like this type of forward, and speaking to a lot of people when i go to old trafford he is a favourite amongst some of the fans to be signed, i cant see berba happening bad attitude too exspensive etc ashton was a random one but i think he'd be great for us :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
real_fan said:
we need a striker big time as saha is currently injured ! i think he will leave this season if he can pass a medical haha
lol no chance of that, pay him off and boot him out;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he is a good player and all but dont think we will buy him......we will go for someone international maybe....but a very good player...

PS: shouldnt this be in transfer news....although it isnt "news" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
What has Dean Ashton got to do with United???Thread moved...
Ashton is a decent player, one of the best English strikers out there,
but do we have to link EVERY single striker to United?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jazz chill out, making comparisons to him and teddy he's a good player :) i thought scenes all these others names being thrown about dean ashton would be a good foil for carlos and wazza :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Drew9 said:
jazz chill out, making comparisons to him and teddy he's a good player :) i thought scenes all these others names being thrown about dean ashton would be a good foil for carlos and wazza
Ok I have chilled Winston :p
He is a good player but the transfer talk section really annoys me if Im being
honest.....
We have more important things to worry about this season, like doing the Big
double, and all people want to talk about is who we should sign next summer :rolleyes:
If it was up to me, Id ban all transfer talk till the season ended, but its not up to
me, so carry on talking guys. just make sure you put it in the right section and
expect regular moaning and grumblings from myself :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol fair enough mate, it gets to me at times also especially this nonsense about a new keeper :S but the striker situation is interesting, but yeah your right theres more important things to be spoke about :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
OMG!!! Are you sure he's been shortlisted... Surely we can get many better than him? I rather use the youngster then to use him... Comparing him to Sheringham is an Insult to Mr. Teddy...

Next better player pls...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this random post a few days ago seems to have some truth if anyone has seen the reports on sky sports news today ? saying that deano is a target for sir alex and that he sees him as the new teddy ? good news anyone ? :)

Search: guardian.co.uk Football Web
Friday's rumours - Ashton to Man United?
Across Manchester, the Portuguese revolution continues apace with Porto right-back Jose Bosingwa having agreed a £55,000-a-week deal to join Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson and Carlos Queiroz at Old Trafford. Porto received a £15.8m bid yesterday but are holding out for no less than £22m. But just to balance out the Portuguese-to-English ratio, United are also about to land West Ham striker Dean Ashton for £8m.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
One paper always prints a <insert club playing in the weekends big game> wants <insert star player from other club playing the weekends big game> story.

This weekend United are playing West Ham...and it's in the Daily Star.

I like Ashton and I think he's a good player but I would take that transfer gossip witha pinch of salt.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah but still dwarfy i think it would be a good signing, also what about this bosingwa deal, apparently carlos is flying to portugal next week to finalise a deal what does anyone think of that :)?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.